Possibility of a Group Purchase of 5.56 Bulk Ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    So what do we have to do to make ammo ourselves? How much are the tools, and what do we need to raw materials. How "raw" so we want them, can we save money by refining ourselves?

All these questions are getting more and more interesting....

Also, i'm in for at least 5k rounds when this goes down.

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    I prolly duplicated Underground's efforts, (hey, I'm retired :D) but I just compiled a spread sheet: $225K from 73 individuals, plus a list of another 27 folks who are "interested" pending further details.

Looks like we are half way to that magic 500K mark.... if, that is indeed the magic number for access to the best pricing. :dunno:

Thanks Underground....I know this is taking a lot longer than anticipated. I know some members are getting antsy and impatient. I for one, am in for the long haul. I'll just follow your lead: and if I need to double down my pledged amount... I will do so. Just my :twocents:

Nice work! I have not updated lately.
    I personally intend to get as much as I can buy, between $3k and $4k worth.

Thanks for the running total.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    When did you order these?
    Good Price!

Sorry for delay in responding. I ordered on Jan 5th immediately after receiving email saying it was in. I did not receive until this past week. They did advise extra processing time. I was nervous until I actually had it.

I heard they sold 5000 in about 24 minutes.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I prolly duplicated Underground's efforts, (hey, I'm retired :D) but I just compiled a spread sheet: $225K from 73 individuals, plus a list of another 27 folks who are "interested" pending further details.

Looks like we are half way to that magic 500K mark.... if, that is indeed the magic number for access to the best pricing. :dunno:

Thanks Underground....I know this is taking a lot longer than anticipated. I know some members are getting antsy and impatient. I for one, am in for the long haul. I'll just follow your lead: and if I need to double down my pledged amount... I will do so. Just my :twocents:

Nice work! I have not updated lately.
    I personally intend to get as much as I can buy, between $3k and $4k worth.

Thanks for the running total.

Current totals: 240K from 79 individuals, with an additional 27 people interested. :ingo:

oldad

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    I can source remanufactured, reloadable brass cased 55 gr FMJ-BT for $320/1000 as is. I'd want to see damn near $300/1000 in a group buy of 25K+, but I've got enough on hand to hold me through until it comes back down, so that's just my opinion.
    where can you get it that cheap i cannot find any at all

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Whatever we can get Aaron.

Some mfg's used to do special orders @ the 500,000 level, big discounts, but
    now it seems everyone is busy selling everything they can turn out, as fast as possible.
    Due to F-Stein and Co.'s stupidity. Politicians irk me, LOL! ;)

Thanks for the work, SkyWired!

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Lads, be aware that most of the wholesalers now are allocating quantities of ammo in .223, 9mm, .308 Win. and 7.62x39mm. In other words, these and several other calibers are being dribbled out to the stores regardless of whether the stores want to order large quantities. Of all the common calibers, .223 is by far the least available.
    Paladin

Thanks, Pal. Seems you are correct, from everything I have seen online and locally.

Top Bottom