• Should she take the deal??

• Total voters

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Okay let me start off by saying my wife isn't anti-gun but is still uncomfortable around them......

I've really been wanting to get an AR or an M4 for sometime now but the wife doesn't seem to think I need one.... I DISAGREE!!!

I purposed that if she lets me get either that I wouldn't ask for another gun for 2 years...... What are your thoughts??

Good Deal??? Not for me obviously because I want a new gun at least once a day..... :D

BTW....... I will be showing her these polls results as well......

HELP ME OUT HERE FELLAS!!!

THIS POLL SAYS SHOULD SHE TAKE THE DEAL...... NOT ME!!!! I OFFERED THE DEAL!!

Last edited:

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    2 years is a long, LONG time....

I guess if you want one bad enough it could be a good deal, assuming she goes along.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You are going to dig yourself into hole you will regret! As soon as you get it you will want another, and another, and another... Take the correct route and get her comfortable, so you can get/buy/trade for whatever you will want in the future. Don't make promises you can't keep or will surely regret.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    No.

I think the two of you have some serious talking to do. She needs to be comfortable around guns if you plan on having them around. Also, I think arrangements like these aren't healthy for relationships.

I am not married though lol

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    You are going to dig yourself into hole you will regret! As soon as you get it you will want another, and another, and another... Take the correct route and get her comfortable, so you can get/buy/trade for whatever you will want in the future. Don't make promises you can't keep or will surely regret.

She said to sell my G30 and then I could get another gun but my G30 is my EDC......

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Id say no don't make that deal. Once you get your first ar you will have a sudden urge to get another, then a SBR, then a long range set up, then a pistol caliber, then, then, then. I think you get where I'm heading with this.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    It's not like she is totally uncomfortable around guns..... I've taken her shooting on many occasions and I'm willing to stick with the arrangement if she says yes.... I know, I know....... It's addicting to get ARs or M4s but I don't own one..... It would be my first one....

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    She doesn't have a problem with handguns but for some reason she is not liking the idea of a rifle..... :dunno:

See I think I need to get one in order for her to be more comfortable with it..... Get her shooting it and opinions on it.....

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Again, I'M NOT MARRIED LOL

I don't understand arrangements like this. If there is a certain dollar amount that can be spent then I might get it but I don't understand the "one gun over two year period". Is it a numbers game? Is it a control thing? Is it a financial thing?

Also, I definitely would not get rid of your EDC just to have another gun.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    My Gf has the same thinking it seems, not totally against them just doesn't understand why i need another. Piecing one together and slowly becoming a gun seems to make her more understanding. Im sure it has something to do with instead of $1000 all at once it is spread out over time.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Financial...... $500 would be my dollar amount for a 2 year allowance on a gun...... :(

But I made the offer for the arrangement......

That explains a lot but who knows what the future holds? If it's $500 now I get that but it could change and you could be stuck in the "2 year agreement".

Dude, we can get you an AR put together for $500.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Financial...... $500 would be my dollar amount for a 2 year allowance on a gun...... :(

But I made the offer for the arrangement......

Definitely build your own. You can get parts cheaper than buying an already put together Ar, and maybe even sneak a little extra $ in if you find its available.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I think her taking the deal gets you what you want, not taking the deal means no guns, so i voted she should take the deal. Once you have one, she may become more comfortable around them, and let you get more before the 2 years is up. My girlfriend did not like guns in any way when we got together, i did. After 7+ years, she now has one of her own, and just received her LTCL, so they do come around once in awhile.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I purposed that if she lets me get either that I wouldn't ask for another gun for 2 years...... What are your thoughts??

Take the deal and get the rifle now.

When you are ready to purchase more guns, just remember that you are not to ask before doing so. ;)

I don't see any downside. :dunno:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I think this situation calls for a lot more open, clear communication.

You shouldn't have to resort to making deals to get what you want; it's one sign of an unhealthy relationship. Talk to each other until you're both on the same page. Even if you don't get the gun you want this time, you'll be better off in the long run.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Take the deal, then the next time she needs a pair of shoes ask if she is willing to give up a pair first. Or would she be willing to wait for two years to buy another pair.

Neither is an option to a woman so you can then have your two years voided. Its a win win.

Top Bottom