• Should she take the deal??

• Total voters

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yep, you got me. I read about the first half-dozen or so. I usually don't read all the posts in a thread unless it 2 pages or so. 5 or 6, nope don't usually read them all. In this case, yeah, all I would have had to do was read one or two more posts and I would have seen his pertinent comments. My bad. If not reading every post on her is considered a no-no I'll try to stick to the short threads. :)

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Dont make the deal. First of all, one gun in two years is a long time. Just bring one home one day, tell her that someone gave it to you as a gift.

That wont work but if she really wont let you get it without refraining to purchase another gun for two years. Give up something that you want in exchange for getting the gun. Cut cable for a few months or something

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Okay after reading all of your posts.......

I only own 1 firearm right now and it is my EDC G30......

I'm buying her a Sig Mosquito in the next few weeks.....

She is the one who balances the check book so just bringing one home and store it she would definitely notice..... Also me owning only 1 firearm currently and bringing one home and storing it would kind of be a waste of time because she would notice it right off

Yes I plan on letting her shoot it as well..... Just because I'm only buying one in 2 years doesn't mean I'm not going to get different conversion kits for it.....

Basically I want one for myself obviously but I also want one that my wife and kids would be able to shoot as well...... Which would be why I would get the .22LR conversion for it so that they would be able to handle it and I would convert it back to 5.56 when I want to shoot it.............. My wife is wonderful and I love her dearly...... Me offering this deal is my compromise to purchasing a new firearm.....

Simply put, I offered this deal and I would stick to it unless she said that I could get another within the 2 years allotted....

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I voted no. I would not tie myself to a specific timeline. If its financial, then I'd tie it to some financial goal, but not a specific timeline.

There will always be something competing for your funds. Just make sure the important things get handled first and you will be in good shape.

Having some interest/hobby is fairly important to keep one going, but obviously not as important as other things.

Also, remember technically the lower on an AR is the firearm. You can make a lot of different things out of one lower :D

But if you make the deal you should honor it.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Okay let me start off by saying my wife isn't anti-gun but is still uncomfortable around them......

I've really been wanting to get an AR or an M4 for sometime now but the wife doesn't seem to think I need one.... I DISAGREE!!!

I purposed that if she lets me get either that I wouldn't ask for another gun for 2 years...... What are your thoughts??

Good Deal??? Not for me obviously because I want a new gun at least once a day..... :D

BTW....... I will be showing her these polls results as well......

HELP ME OUT HERE FELLAS!!!

THIS POLL SAYS SHOULD SHE TAKE THE DEAL...... NOT ME!!!! I OFFERED THE DEAL!!

First off most women don't deal, no matter what they tell you. In the end they end up winning all the deals. Secondly, if you are going to attempt a deal you better sweet'n up the pot, say a pair of shoes or a bag each time you buy one of those 2 guns. Third if you new anything about the female mind you would have secretly started on this plan long ago (i.e. buying something prior to each firearm purchase). This something would have been equal or in excess of your firearm purchase! Fourth, if your really wanted to work this magic you wouldn't even buy things, you would pay it forward with excessively meaningful goggly goop that is very difficult for us men to do or think of (something completely out of your character and unexpected)! Good luck, i hope it all works out for you! :laugh:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Not that the wife and I don't have a mutual respect for one another but it would be cold day in hades before I ask (or expect her to) for permission to do anything.

Our conversations are

Her: "how are the funds?"
    Me: "healthy/not healthy"
    Her: "cool, I'm gonna go buy blank" or "crap. I want blank but I'll wait"

Or

Me: "I bought a new gun, wanna go to atterbury?"
    Her: "let's go"

Man, I love my wife!

I vote for do what you want, as long as it doesn't come at the expense of your mutual goals. If you have the extra cash, get it. If not, save up.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I AM married and I don't understand arrangements like this. My wife is not a gun lover, but she's not an anti. If the bills are paid, and our savings is funded, there is no reason why I cannot buy what I want. It goes the same way for her. I don't blink when she gets an expensive haircut or buys $300 worth of makeup, and she hasn't said a word about what guns end up in the safe.

I don't make "deals".

Question #1: Where does one buy $300 worth of makeup??? :spend:

Question #2: Why on earth did she tell you she spent $300 on makeup? I made the mistake once of asking my husband to stop by Macys to pick up moisturizer. He should have had a clue when it involved Macys...oops. Now every time I need a new bottle he knows 100% how much it costs.

That aside, my husband and I officially take turns with the fun stuff. Pretty much. Well...mostly. It just so happens that we both like a lot of the same fun stuff, but no matter really. If we have the "extra" (that's kinda a funny word looking at my stack of bills), it's okay. Only the two of you can figure out her comfort level, though. I will say, though, that my husband gets physically uncomfortable every time I bring home a new purse. Likely not the same, but maybe. That might have something to do with the bookcase dedicated to purses in our bedroom...

So my vote: More talk. No quick decisions. Work this out in a way that works for both of you. And good luck.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Do whatever the heck you want to do,. I'm not gonna vote. I don't need permission from my wife if I wanna do it, I will do it. She will get over it. She doesn't tell me what to do and I don't tell her what to do. My wife respects my decisions. The other day myself and two others went to the 1500, when we got close to home they were like gotta get these guns in the basement before momma sees it. WHAT? Are you kidding me? Thats a bunch of bull! PUll up your man pants and be the man! Do what you want to do!~

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Id vote no...I learned a long time ago to not make deals with the wife.

Its easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Not only should you respect the desires of your spouse...your spouse should respect your desires as well...and if they conflict...you agree to disagree and stay mutually neutral towards the subject until an agreement can be reached.

The finance side is a different story.
    Buy your AR.

God bless
    -Shred

Top Bottom