• Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    From Jan 9th

Those are the president's exact words, concerning a DACA/Immigration reform bill.
    Why would he do something illegal? During the government shutdown I hope Trump gathers planes trains and automobiles and rounds up all the illegals including dreamers that he can and ships them off. Is Mexico gonna try and stop us from delivering them down the way they came through? Well get some off my 203 *****es.

Besides a wall, we need a mine field along the border.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I want that point made everwhere to everyone. It was so horrible for Republicans to shut the government down, but it’s just fine for them to do it.

I think a lot of people, depending on their politics, have plenty of points to make illustrating the hypocrisy of both parties; and the president's tweets from those times haven't disappeared either.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why would he do something illegal? During the government shutdown I hope Trump gathers planes trains and automobiles and rounds up all the illegals including dreamers that he can and ships them off. I'd Mexico gonna try and stop us from delivering them down the way they came through? Well get some off my 203 *****es.

A congressional bill wouldn't be illegal.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Besides a wall, we need a mine field along the border.

I think we should stop having ballots for elections. Voters should have to write in the name of their choice for every office, including which office, which precinct, etc. If they can't remember who it is, or exactly which office, or if they can't spell the name correctly, their vote shouldn't count.

And You thought You were the radical. :):

When people want to criticize me for carrying a gun without having taken any gun training, I tell them that I'm just as annoyed that people are allowed to vote without first having to pass a Civics class.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Let's just keep adjusting the law so that murder is legal while we are at it.
    How about having a "purge" like the movie? I'm down if it's legal

Hey, do you have Netflix? Check out a movie called Bushwick. It's a more realistic take on an idea of a purge, it's really good. Kinda of a downer, but IMO solid.

[video=youtube;cn7pZdg0aI4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn7pZdg0aI4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Hey, do you have Netflix? Check out a movie called Bushwick. It's a more realistic take on an idea of a purge, it's really good. Kinda of a downer, but IMO solid.

[video=youtube;cn7pZdg0aI4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn7pZdg0aI4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I watched this movie. Not bad but didn't end the way I thought it would.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I watched this movie. Not bad but didn't end the way I thought it would.

Yeah, I was surprised, too. I was making a point to TT about how I see that movie as being more similar to how a "purge" would go down, than like it does in the movies of that name.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    My gut feeling is that this "Shutdown" will be drawn out at least 10 days. The President gives his State of the Union address on 30 Jan. The purpose is to end Trump's first year in office on a down note. It is a risky gamble that could backfire on the Senate Dems.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Thanks Kut...I was going to watch it but I heard it was kind of mocking Texan's so I didn't...Was that description overblown paranoia from my right wing movie reviewer???

:)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can't imagine any American over the age of forty who hasn't had that point hammered home many times over.

But, I'm over that, and I blame both sides. I blame them all the same, because for one, they are all equally involved and invested, and for for two, even if I did have a "side", I'd like to think I'd expect more from them than people seem to these days.

The sides seemed to have flipped priorities.

If you're a Republican it's okay to shut the government down for your causes, but it's evil if Democrats shut it down for theirs.

If you're a Democrat it's okay to shut the government down for your causes, but it's evil if Republicans shut it down for theirs.

If acceptability of shutting down the government is cause-dependent, that may be a sign you're an ideologue, or a hypocrite. Not necessarily. But maybe.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Thanks Kut...I was going to watch it but I heard it was kind of mocking Texan's so I didn't...Was that description overblown paranoia from my right wing movie reviewer???

:)

No, there is definitely, a left-wing bias to the movie... but it is, at least, a pro-gun left-wing bias. It's most certainly pro-gun, and explains intelligently why.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yes, what I'm talking about happened on the 9th.

The words were on the 9th, but Schumer (and not McConnell) was at the WH yesterday. So both, really. And the thing is Republicans and Democrats did not bring him anything. Schumer met him yesterday with a list of demands congressional republicans had not agreed to. So what did he actually do that was counter to his statement on the 9th?

I am not a Trump fan at all, but I find myself constantly defending him against these kinds of arguments because they aren't really good examples of his failures. People are always looking at whatever bad thing is happening and switching some details around so they can hang it on him. And that happened to Obama as well. Neither one of these guys is a good president, Obama more so than Trump. But let's stick to the facts when we show why they suck.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I quit watching after the 1st half-hour or so. Just too much eye-rolling, I thought maybe I'd go blind if I continued. I guess maybe I need to give it another chance.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The president said that he would support ANY bipartisan deal that came to him. A bipartisan deal was made, presented to Trump, and he lied and rejected it. So now the Democrats aren't playing ball.

Is Trump still playing the Art of the Deal? I haven't seen him whip out the Veto pen to put the kibash on this supposed bipartisan bill sent to his desk by the legislators for signature. Remember they are all professional liars so saying they have reached a bipartisan deal doesn't mean doo doo until 60% of them hold up their hand and say Yes. Since most of the swamp dwellers (R&D) despise Trump they could really show the shutdown was Trump's fault by forcing him to veto their bipartisan bill. All we have now is the Democratic leadership giving a few red state senators in vulnerable states permission to break ranks on a bill that wasn't going to pass anyways. They're all still just playing politics.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, there is definitely, a left-wing bias to the movie... but it is, at least, a pro-gun left-wing bias. It's most certainly pro-gun, and explains intelligently why.

As much as I saw of it, it seemed like it was portraying the "sane" progressives against the "insane" opposition. :rolleyes:

So I'd say the bias is fairly strong, even though what I saw of it wasn't anti-gun, per se.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Is Trump still playing the Art of the Deal? I haven't seen him whip out the Veto pen to put the kibash on this supposed bipartisan bill sent to his desk by the legislators for signature. Remember they are all professional liars so saying they have reached a bipartisan deal doesn't mean doo doo until 60% of them hold up their hand and say Yes. Since most of the swamp dwellers (R&D) despise Trump they could really show the shutdown was Trump's fault by forcing him to veto their bipartisan bill. All we have now is the Democratic leadership giving a few red state senators in vulnerable states permission to break ranks on a bill that wasn't going to pass anyways. They're all still just playing politics.

Sure, not beyond the realm of possibility, but BOTH parties said the presented a deal, and the president rejected it. And then of course, the GOP said afterwards, they wish the president would give direction on what he wanted. If what they say is false, then in a rare illustration of restraint, the president did not push back on the idea.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As much as I saw of it, it seemed like it was portraying the "sane" progressives against the "insane" opposition. :rolleyes:

So I'd say the bias is fairly strong, even though what I saw of it wasn't anti-gun, per se.

What? You sure you were watching the same movie, or did you just pick and choose when to bring bias into the movie?

Top Bottom