• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I would like to add over 20 years ago I was in a national park in CO and while hiking had a Mt lion cross the path I was hiking on. It was moving quickly but I saw it long
    enough to see it was wearing a radio collar. Made the mistake of telling a park ranger who had me stay put till the biologist studying them could drive out and interview me.Turns out he had been tracking this lion for weeks and never even got glimpse of him, he kept showing me a topo map trying to pinpoint where I saw the cat. I was of
    little help as I simply couldn't orient myself all that pin point on the map in relation to the trail. Guy kept me there for almost an hour. Gotta tell you that that cat looked
    really big. My point being if I biologist was unable to even get a glimpse of a mt lion wearing a radio collar I can not imagine how hard it is to see one otherwise.

Back when I still subscribed to RMEF, and got their excellent magazine they did a featured article on Mt lion predation of elk. It detailed well documented examples of how a mature
    Mt lion can easily bring down a mature healthy elk. So an unarmed human stands little chance of fending off a Mt lion who's decided to they are this evenings dinner guest.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom