• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Honestly, I wish the whole "pay $20 to bypass 50 quality posts" thing would go away. I think contributing the forum is much more important.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I pay $20/yr just so I don’t have to clean out my inbox as often. My reminder to pay is when it says my inbox is full!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Honestly, I wish the whole "pay $20 to bypass 50 quality posts" thing would go away. I think contributing the forum is much more important.

OK. So the extra funds that flow in and keep the forum "Open" are not important.
    I see your point but this is not free. Not by a long shot.

But thank you for your being a supporter.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    OK. So the extra funds that flow in and keep the forum "Open" are not important.
    I see your point but this is not free. Not by a long shot.

But thank you for your being a supporter.

I totally realize that it takes funds to run this site. I know my statement runs counter to that. I just really enjoy INGO and want it to be a pure as possible.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I dont have a problem in the world with "buying" your way into the classies for a mere 20.00.
    But I do understand ACC's viewpoint, too.
    I've scored some good deals in our classifieds. But I wouldn't still be suggesting people join if that's all this place was good for.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Yes, yes, yes.

INGO classifieds used to be a much, much friendlier place. Not so much anymore.

Lots and lots of user names that are only seen in the classifieds. Certainly not all, but some of these folks with no skin in the game act that way also.

Bump, bump, bump is all the posting you see out of a lot of "forum members."

A lot of our actual contributing forum members won't deal in our classifieds. They speak poorly of the INGO classifieds due to the way they have gone over time since allowing the "buy in." Some real forum contributing members do not even consider INGO classifieds and do their trading on other sites, never offering their trades to INGOers or shopping trades that INGOers offer. That hurts us all as a community forum. :twocents:

:ingo:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, yes, yes.

INGO classifieds used to be a much, much friendlier place. Not so much anymore.

Lots and lots of user names that are only seen in the classifieds. Certainly not all, but some of these folks with no skin in the game act that way also.

Bump, bump, bump is all the posting you see out of a lot of "forum members."

A lot of our actual contributing forum members won't deal in our classifieds. They speak poorly of the INGO classifieds due to the way they have gone over time since allowing the "buy in." Some real forum contributing members do not even consider INGO classifieds and do their trading on other sites, never offering their trades to INGOers or shopping trades that INGOers offer. That hurts us all as a community forum. :twocents:

:ingo:

everything changed with sandyhook. Everything.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    everything changed with sandyhook. Everything.

Yes, we all watched it. Some of us seen the direction the classifieds section was going years and years ago. We called for rule changes to fix the problems with the classifieds then and we have continued to do so since then.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, we all watched it. Some of us seen the direction the classifieds section was going years and years ago. We called for rule changes to fix the problems with the classifieds then and we have continued to do so since then.

Here’s the thing. To effect any new rules takes a lot of time and effort. In this no rule/rules can cover everything as people are very creative at times. You have no idea how creative.
    As the rules stand it is easy to run the forum. The staff has full support of the admin. In making decisions based on how some things effect the place and may not be covered under a specific rule.

I am just not sure what changes we could make to fix anything that is going on. The site exists to attract new members and support existing ones. If you stand back and look the classifieds is a huge draw.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    In the early days some people used to post things below market value because they didn't want or need it and hoped it went to a good home where it would be appreciated. But it didn't take too long for the flippers to take notice and they would buy it just to jack the price up and resell it. It rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. But the fact that it rubbed some people the wrong way, rubbed other people the wrong way and the place lost some of its family feel.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Wouldn't it be nice if INGO would require 50 quality posts AND a $20 contribution to access the classifieds? I realize that $20 has differing value to different people. I just see that as an additional way to cut the wheat from the chaff.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    The classifieds are good and all, but ingo is about the information. It's a place where we don't have to cater the the rules of other social media platforms. This is a place for gun loving hoosiers to be who we are. I tend to do a lot more reading than my post count shows. I have to attribute a lot of my influence into the gun culture to ingo. It would be nice to see the classified steer away from being any different than armslist but it is what it is. I can appreiate it for what it is. There are good deals to be had and I have yet to have a negative interaction with anybody here. Armslist is a different story. I better be saving a LOT of money and meeting somewhere very public for me to consider armslist. Honestly if the 50 post rule got upped, even if I got cut out for now, I'd be all for it. I do understand the need to attract new members. The classifieds have a lot to do with new membership.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom