Post videos of TSA security? Lose your CCW!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I believe they took away his state-issued carry permit, not just his pilot-type-permit-thingy. Something over which they TSA should have no authority.

I am not a lwayer but can't see how they can legally take the state issued permit....... I am glad he has a lawyer..... when it comes to the TSA permit he brought that on himself. it was not the TSA that took the state permit though.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I am not a lwayer but can't see how they can legally take the state issued permit....... I am glad he has a lawyer..... when it comes to the TSA permit he brought that on himself. it was not the TSA that took the state permit though.

Yeah, they had sheriff's deputies take the state permit. It's the collusion that bothers me. Imagine your employer getting the sheriff's dept to do that for violating their policies. Yikes.

Like you said, I'm glad he has a lawyer.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Oh please... Another one that insults my intelligence. Of course I know that the "Chicago Way" is a reference to Chicago-style politics and corruption in this context. Finity was unjustified in saying that I thought the previous administration was purity defined. His comments were 100% personal attacks and did nothing to prove me wrong.

No personal attack. I gave you the chance to choose which you wanted to be. Telling you you're mistaken is not a personal attack. If you are being "willfully ignorant" then, as you said, if it's true it's not an attack.

If you aknowledge the HUGE failings of the previous administration in regard to civil rights then I see I was wrong on both counts. Good for you.

My problem was the reference to the "chicago way" like that was somehow something new.

So you really think that "free speech zones" which at least allow free speech while over restricting location are the same as taking away someone's license to carry who hasn't violated any laws at all and certainly didn't do anything related to guns? I'm not justifying any previous abuses, just pointing out that this administration is crossing a new line.

Yes, I'm saying that "free-speech zones" are just exactly as bad as restricting someones ability to carry outside their homes. If you think otherwise then it seems that you are OK with restricting SOME rights of SOME people as long as they are a member of a group that YOU think should be restricted (i.e. not yours).

Hmm...:rolleyes:

I guess I'll leave it at that so I don't get accused of more personal attacks.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    So you really think that "free speech zones" which at least allow free speech while over restricting location are the same as taking away someone's license to carry who hasn't violated any laws at all and certainly didn't do anything related to guns? I'm not justifying any previous abuses, just pointing out that this administration is crossing a new line.[/quote]

The "free speech zones" violated two of our rights that are every bit as important as the RKBA - free speech and peaceable assembly. Yes, I really do think that it was every bit as much of an insult as gun restrictions, possibly even more so. The people who were sent to the "free speech zones" were marginalized every bit as much as when lawful gun owners are denied the right to defend themselves. Without the rights to free speech and assembly, our other rights are worth very little. And what about the "patriot" act that pretty much allows the government to screw with us while using "terrorism" as the pretext?

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    My thoughts are that he attained that California CCW in part because of the FFDO credentials. No credentials...no support for his CCW. Each county sheriff determines if and in what manner you will have a CCW in California.

And he doesn't "work" for the TSA. Being an FFDO is a voluntary position that actually COSTS pilots money to be a part of.

Pilots train to provide plane security - Bing Videos

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    My thoughts are that he attained that California CCW in part because of the FFDO credentials. No credentials...no support for his CCW. Each county sheriff determines if and in what manner you will have a CCW in California.

And he doesn't "work" for the TSA. Being an FFDO is a voluntary position that actually COSTS pilots money to be a part of.

Pilots train to provide plane security - Bing Videos

Thanks for the info. I guess I should have known he wasn't a TSA employee.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Personally I think FFDO is the most retarded idea on earth........ why you would want to leave the cockpit I don't know and the new cockpit doors are tanks..........

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

Kommifornia is a may issue state. The local sheriff decides if you may have a permit and if you may keep it. Nothing wrong here within the context of their state law. Whether their state law is right or not is another question.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Actually... Finity, I'm sorry to say that it looks to me like you've done what I've seen done many times in re: Obama: If someone points out a failing of his or of his administration, they're quick to point out Bush or some previous president's actions as well, as if that somehow justifies Barry or his administration doing it.

Example: The "Obamacare" law tramples on the Constitution; there is no Constitutional authority for that type of bill to be addressed by Congress.

Answer: "Well, look at what Bush did with the Patriot Act(s)! Talk about trampling the Constitution!"

My answer: Both are so bad as to be inexcusable, but neither justifies the other. Both of them should have had to answer for not letting their particular crises go to waste.

The issue here is the actions taken. Personally, I think as my grandfather used to about his small town's government, about our federal and state governments: Both would benefit from a few good funerals. I don't wish for anyone's death and I certainly wouldn't do anything or want anything done to bring those deaths about, but I wouldn't shed any tears to hear that a few well-placed heart attacks or strokes occurred.

Blessings,
    Bill

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Kommifornia is a may issue state. The local sheriff decides if you may have a permit and if you may keep it. Nothing wrong here within the context of their state law. Whether their state law is right or not is another question.

I did not know that.... Id rep you but seems I have rep'd you recently and it won't let me (I don't rep a lot).

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I did not know that.... Id rep you but seems I have rep'd you recently and it won't let me (I don't rep a lot).

"...and it's Tactical Dave down the court! Look at those moves! He shifts, turns.... Two seconds left on the shot clock.... He shoots; it bounces off the rim, but YES! It's BoR with the assist! SCORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE!"

(in other words... I got him for you, TD. :D)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    "...and it's Tactical Dave fading back looking for an open receiver! Look at those moves! He shifts, turns.... He throws the ball, YES! It's BoR catches it and runs it into the end zone! TOUCHDOOOWWWNNNN!"

(in other words... I got him for you, TD. :D)
    FTFY

And negative rep for basketball metafors in the football playoffs.:D

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    But I must be willfully ignorant, too. I thought your comment referred to Chicago's long-standing reputation for dirty politics. (Whether that reputation is deserved shall be left up to someone more informed than I.) To me, implicit in a term like "chicago way" is the fact that is has been around for more than a couple years.

I agree 100%.

I thought for a minute there that someone would cry "racism" as well. People need to read better and not infer so much.

Top Bottom