• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    But no sooner than you turned it off people are already calling to turn the welcome section off for post counts .. then whats next ?
    For the record, I've been suggesting that we turn off post counts in the Intro forum since about the time I became a moderator (in other words, well before we even talked about turning off post counts for the Classifieds), but especially since we restricted the Classified section to requiring 10 quality posts before you can post there. The reason I continued to suggest it is because we request "quality" posts.

The idea is to give members a chance to get to know a person before potentially making a deal with him (or her). I'm a hopeless optimist most days, so I'm pretty confident that most people do actually sincerely welcome new members in the Intro threads and not just post whore. However, we do occasionally get new members who come here solely for the classifieds, and sometimes they get their ten posts by just saying hi to a bunch of people. Just posting :welcome: doesn't really count as a "quality" post imho.

Anywho, Fen, sorry for the threadjack. I only meant to tease you, not start a heavy discussion on post counts.

/sigh

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    For the record, I've been suggesting that we turn off post counts in the Intro forum since about the time I became a moderator (in other words, well before we even talked about turning off post counts for the Classifieds), but especially since we restricted the Classified section to requiring 10 quality posts before you can post there. The reason I continued to suggest it is because we request "quality" posts.

The idea is to give members a chance to get to know a person before potentially making a deal with him (or her). I'm a hopeless optimist most days, so I'm pretty confident that most people do actually sincerely welcome new members in the Intro threads and not just post whore. However, we do occasionally get new members who come here solely for the classifieds, and sometimes they get their ten posts by just saying hi to a bunch of people. Just posting :welcome: doesn't really count as a "quality" post imho.

Anywho, Fen, sorry for the threadjack. I only meant to tease you, not start a heavy discussion on post counts.

/sigh

Ok the reason why i joined this or any other forum is to like i figured all of us did .help fight for our 2ND ammendment rights or i should say our rights Period ...
    even with gun ownership i have always said and i am sure alot here will agree its not the gun that should be banned or sensored ...its the gun owner ....some people just should not be allowed to own a gun ...why make the rest of the country suffer ?...
    same for sensorship (in any form)...
    All i am saying why sensor everyone on the forum because of a few IDOT post whores?...

I post everywhere in this forum every thread i feel i can help anyone or have an opinion or anywhere i feel what i say may be usefull .
    i dont give two shits less about the classifieds ..yes i do look there and have also posted there ..
    and honestley dont care about my post count.

Just posting my concerns about everyones rights not just our 2nd

Again I am sorry if i stepped on any toes
    that was not my intent.

I promise to keep my humble SERVENT mouth shut and not post any more of my opinion to this thread .....lol:laugh::patriot:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Dice dealer, your point has been noted and my arguments for it have ceased.
    It wasn't about censorship, or infringing on rights, it was about our ease of managing the site. My apologies for coming across otherwise.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

/sigh

I applauded the decision to Not count the posts evidently for a different reason than the decision was actually made. If it is to keep bandwidth at a minimum then it is a smart business decision. I actually enjoyed seeing the post count drop from a couple of the "I only resale or TRADE for much more than I paid for it just minutes ago on this very board.

One new member in a tirade was posting his goodbyes over a deal gone south IHO. When I checked his contributory posts almost all were WTS, WTT or WTB. If you are running a business here then become a Site Sponsor and apply for an FFL. It's hard for a person trying to do the right thing to compete with someone selling (trading) firearms out of the back of his auto. I've gotten a couple of good deals here (I'm not a reseller) but most have dried up thanks to Obama, our paranoia and the few that are living on the board, snatching up the deals and then reselling them for an obscene markup. I didn't want to see the Classifieds become another "Gun Broker"

I realize these are my opinions and may have offended some but it is the way that I feel and I know that all do not feel the same way :dunno:

I offer praise to Michiana, David Britton, Karl and All of the other Site Sponsors for stepping up and doing the right thing, running a business and still treating us fairly.

Do we really want or need for this forum to become anther Gun Broker, AR15 etc where the little guy means nothing, greed and BS rule. I think Not :rolleyes:

and I want to praise Pami for being "most times" a voice of reason (we do not always agree but sometimes she is correct and I feel tries to be fair) ;)

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I really enjoy looking at the buy and sell sections but I don't buy to resale.

Today I privately sent an offer to another member on a gun that they were trying to sell, it was a little low but I hope that they would consider selling it to me becasue I have never bought a gun and tried to resale it for a profit.

The only way to stop people from taking all of the good deals is to get people not to sell to people that just buy to resale...... it's easier to say then do because when someone is selling a gun the really need the cash for something.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Personally, I never really cared about post count. I will post if I have something to say, otherwise I will mostly just read. I been a member of a few sites for a number of years and I have a rather low count on most of them for the time I been on there.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have no idea how many of my posts have been in the Buy/Sell section of this forum. Personally I check them every day hoping to find a deal that I can not live without. I never look for anything to resell but I notice that going on quite a bit. I have been involved in people posting up guns that they don't own and are posting for a gun shop. Other than one bad experience in that way I enjoy seeing what is selling for how much money.

As for the welcome section, I try to get in there and welcome people when I see them come on board. If they have already been welcomed by several, I will just let it go and not post.

I enjoy this board and hope that it does not become too restrictive that we run people off.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I am feeling a bit self conscious about welcoming people now, fearing that I will look like a post count hooor....

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    There's once certain "member" here (who is not a site supporter, BTW) who was pushing ONE HUNDRED posts who now has.... ONE post!!!! This is where I for one think this is a great idea!!! :rockwoot: :patriot: :yesway:
    :cheers:
    Really? I didn't think it was as big an issue as it apparently was.

Top Bottom