• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No, Guy is representing the home owner that's suing the range. The guy that owns the woods between the range and house, bought that wooded land with the intent to sell the lumber. Now that there's a ton of bullets in the trees 30-60 feet up, and all on the side facing the range.... well, you get the idea.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No, Guy is representing the home owner that's suing the range. The guy that owns the woods between the range and house, bought that wooded land with the intent to sell the lumber. Now that there's a ton of bullets in the trees 30-60 feet up, and all on the side facing the range.... well, you get the idea.

My initial response here has to be somewhat tempered. Not towards the people who own the woods and are suffering the financial losses. But the morons that can not hit a target....or a berm no matter how poorly it was built.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

the guy with the timber can sue the range and win.....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    30-60 feet up can't be valuable timber unless this is some sort of old growth forest. Three 8 foot sections are about all I would expect unless those trees have been there for a really long time.:dunno:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    30-60 feet up can't be valuable timber unless this is some sort of old growth forest. Three 8 foot sections are about all I would expect unless those trees have been there for a really long time.:dunno:

i have a bunch of with straight trunks over 30 to 60 feet......the trees will deform from the bullet holes and it is still the thing of the range should contain there bullets.....

they have damaged others property.....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    i have a bunch of with straight trunks over 30 to 60 feet......the trees will deform from the bullet holes and it is still the thing of the range should contain there bullets.....

they have damaged others property.....

Those are some valuable trees.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    You build your range with overhead baffles that deflect high rounds back down to the ground.

This video is from the new DNR-operated Deer Creek range near Putnamville:

[video]https://youtu.be/dJL29TZUrWw[/video]

Yes, building a proper range takes research, planning, and money. There's more to it than just piling up some dirt for a berm.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    You build your range with overhead baffles that deflect high rounds back down to the ground.

This video is from the new DNR-operated Deer Creek range near Putnamville:

[video]https://youtu.be/dJL29TZUrWw[/video]

Yes, building a proper range takes research, planning, and money. There's more to it than just piling up some dirt for a berm.
    [video=youtube_share;dJL29TZUrWw]http://youtu.be/dJL29TZUrWw[/video]

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Baffles are cool, but you know they're just going to build a better idiot.

It seems to me if you build baffles that are robust to stop any calibers that you allow at your range(one at Ceraland in Columbus uses 2x12s, doesn't have to be concrete)...then there's probably more of a fault of the shooter than the range and the ranges liability would be less for the issue. Although that said, who knows what shooter caused the damage. IANAL

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    That looks identical to their range at Atterbury. Wish I had a few million $'s to build one for myself..... and a few select friends. :):

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Was at buck and bass in wabash this weekend. They are fighting a river trail that would create a dangerous backdrop for the range. The resultant expenditure to the range to increase berms, install fence etc is estimated at over 2 million dollar!

I was there Friday and saw all those signs about No River Trail, wondered what they were about. That would suck. I figured it was something like that, the folks at Bass N Bucks seem like a reasonable bunch. :(

Top Bottom