• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i try to eat 10 turkey legs at the state fair every year. usualy over a coarse of 2 days. :)

i dont drink alcohol. i dont smoke anything or use illegal drugs. but i have have let myself slip more than i should. time to get back to at least 90% in shape.

bmmonts76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Indy
    Is the P90X a good deal? I've never known anyone to use it, can you give a basic layout or do I gotta pay for the goods? :D

The P90X is a great workout if you have young and healthy joints and tendons. You said in an earlier post that you have an injury. Not sure what your injury is, but P90X is pretty high impact (some of the videos more than others). I did the routine for a few weeks and found it hurt my back, knees and feet (and not that good kind of hurt). I could change up the routine and remove a few of the higher impact videos and it would still work out great. It also depends on what motivates you. I find once I get home after work I find to many excuses not to work out. If I go to the gym during lunch or right after work, I can't find an excuse not to work out because that's about all there is to do at the gym (other than check out the eye candy). My fiancé on the other hand loves working out to videos. She gets in her workout before she heads to work in the morning. Bottom line, P90X can be great for some people and you can be pretty flexible with which videos you use and still get great results. Just know your bodies limits because it can slow down your progress in the end if you over do it. Good luck!

bmmonts76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Indy
    i try to eat 10 turkey legs at the state fair every year. usualy over a coarse of 2 days. :)

i dont drink alcohol. i dont smoke anything or use illegal drugs. but i have have let myself slip more than i should. time to get back to at least 90% in shape.

:rockwoot:Good luck. Keep us posted with your progress.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Good summation. You should take the fitness test included to see where you are in relation to what the work out requires. Basically it is like 9 DVDs with various workouts from weight training to yoga, cardio, and plyometrics (jump training) and Kenpo. There is a workbook included and I intend to take that to the gym when I max out my home weights. Like anything self discipline is key (which is why most of us "need" to work out!). Of course P90X has a dietary element that should be used for maximum results. The workouts are (for me) pretty intense, but in a short time I feel more flexible and seem to have more energy, mental and physical. Be careful what you order BTW, so you don't end up with a Chinese bootleg and no work book. Check out beachbody.com or google P90X for more info. Apparently there is a bunch of on-line support if you want it, or have questions.
    The P90X is a great workout if you have young and healthy joints and tendons. You said in an earlier post that you have an injury. Not sure what your injury is, but P90X is pretty high impact (some of the videos more than others). I did the routine for a few weeks and found it hurt my back, knees and feet (and not that good kind of hurt). I could change up the routine and remove a few of the higher impact videos and it would still work out great. It also depends on what motivates you. I find once I get home after work I find to many excuses not to work out. If I go to the gym during lunch or right after work, I can't find an excuse not to work out because that's about all there is to do at the gym (other than check out the eye candy). My fiancé on the other hand loves working out to videos. She gets in her workout before she heads to work in the morning. Bottom line, P90X can be great for some people and you can be pretty flexible with which videos you use and still get great results. Just know your bodies limits because it can slow down your progress in the end if you over do it. Good luck!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    At the risk of being labeled a fanatic...CrossFit. It is training for the unknown...and unknowable. It's focus is NOT to be an expert at one skill, but proficient in as many different skills as possible. The information is free to those who do/can not get to a affiliate. The site has videos of all the movements, nutrition, workouts, and philosophy. If you can grab it, you will be able to navigate around it. I just went through the level 1 instructor certification class a few weeks ago. I have been doing CrossFit for about 10 months. Many of these WOD's (work out of the day) can be completed with minimal equipment (you can make much of it yourself) and out of your garage (where this started). ALL WOD's can be scaled to your fitness level and injuries so everyone can get the same intense workout that suits them. I train 5 days a week and I love it...it can be brutal but it is rewarding. CrossFit recommends 3 days on, 1 day off for training.
    Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    At the risk of being labeled a fanatic...CrossFit. It is training for the unknown...and unknowable. It's focus is NOT to be an expert at one skill, but proficient in as many different skills as possible. The information is free to those who do/can not get to a affiliate. The site has videos of all the movements, nutrition, workouts, and philosophy. If you can grab it, you will be able to navigate around it. I just went through the level 1 instructor certification class a few weeks ago. I have been doing CrossFit for about 10 months. Many of these WOD's (work out of the day) can be completed with minimal equipment (you can make much of it yourself) and out of your garage (where this started). ALL WOD's can be scaled to your fitness level and injuries so everyone can get the same intense workout that suits them. I train 5 days a week and I love it...it can be brutal but it is rewarding. CrossFit recommends 3 days on, 1 day off for training.
    Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness
    I have checked it out before, and it is insane. I would like to give it a shot, but the WOD's don't seem to flow well from one day to the next. I should give it another try. I can't go to the classes as the only time I have to work out is between 0300-0500, so aside from Anytime Fitness, nothing is ever open or running classes

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    They don't flow and that is the point of it. P90x is pretty much crossfit minus the core lifts and the addition of yoga..

For someone starting out looking into the Brand X Crossfit WOD's they are scaled for one's skill level..

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I can be lazy because I'm a Bad-A mofo in my own mind. I used to be able to run a long time ago, and probably could pull it out if the situation arose. In the meantime, I'm keeping all my mental super-toughness in reserve, sitting on the couch and playing Xbox. Don't need to use it doing PT, because that's kinda hard.
    I've got all the coolest gear, too, so I'm totally good to go!
    InternetCommando.jpg

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I can be lazy because I'm a Bad-A mofo in my own mind. I used to be able to run a long time ago, and probably could pull it out if the situation arose. In the meantime, I'm keeping all my mental super-toughness in reserve, sitting on the couch and playing Xbox. Don't need to use it doing PT, because that's kinda hard.
    I've got all the coolest gear, too, so I'm totally good to go!
    InternetCommando.jpg

Everytime I see this picture I don't eat dinner..

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I workout 5-6 days a week. Weights, running, rucking, mountain biking, swimming and sparring. I mix it up and keep it interesting. I train for combat condition. To test myself I do one 18 hour adventure race each year, with no additional training. It is a good test to check that whatever I have been doing during the year has been working.

I am 44 years old. 5'10" 170 pounds. I can bench 300 and run 10 miles on demand. I am GTG.

Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I run about 15-20miles (3+mi each trip to the gym, 5 times a week) a week and lift weights 3 times a week. I've lost 25lbs since last Dec. and once this damn groin muscle gets back to normal I can continue running again. I pulled my groin muscle because I didn't stretch it.....remember to stretch! You don't realize how much you use your groin muscles until you pull/tear one.

bmmonts76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Indy
    I run about 15-20miles (3+mi each trip to the gym, 5 times a week) a week and lift weights 3 times a week. I've lost 25lbs since last Dec. and once this damn groin muscle gets back to normal I can continue running again. I pulled my groin muscle because I didn't stretch it.....remember to stretch! You don't realize how much you use your groin muscles until you pull/tear one.

Ain't that the truth. I'm dealing with a pulled grion right now as well. I'm bad about not getting enough stretching into my routine. I have to start doing better.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Good inspiration, thanks!
    I workout 5-6 days a week. Weights, running, rucking, mountain biking, swimming and sparring. I mix it up and keep it interesting. I train for combat condition. To test myself I do one 18 hour adventure race each year, with no additional training. It is a good test to check that whatever I have been doing during the year has been working.

I am 44 years old. 5'10" 170 pounds. I can bench 300 and run 10 miles on demand. I am GTG.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I work 20-25 minutes everyday. I work on a different area everyday to keep from getting burned out and improve on various skills like general fitness, hand to hand, knife tactics and firearms. I also try and get out to the woods at least once a month to practice basic skills with the family like shelter building,land navigation and foraging. And of course always staying mentally and especially spiritually fit. I wish I could do more but schuedule now is crazy and cash is low. I have seen alot of folks do nothing just because they cant go hyperdrive on things. Every little bit counts.

Top Bottom