• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am ashamed and appalled at the number of my own friends who are expressing what I can only call glee at this news. I am definitely not Trump's biggest fan, but how anyone could take pleasure in someone else's illness is beyond me.
    I may have to take a FB vacation or just start defriending some of them. It is pretty disgusting.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am ashamed and appalled at the number of my own friends who are expressing what I can only call glee at this news. I am definitely not Trump's biggest fan, but how anyone could take pleasure in someone else's illness is beyond me.

I am seeing the same thing, unfortunately.

I have two extended family members fighting this right now. One is in pretty good health overall, and is struggling hard, but seems to be getting through. The other....not so well. They are older, heavier, and have some health issues. This thing is serious.

The President and First Lady have access to the best medical care in the world...I'm keeping up hope they won't need it.

I want to see the guy tossed out of office, not struck down by sickness or violence.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    As an old-timer myself...with at least one or two co-morbidities...President Trump represents "our" age bracket. His success in fighting off this virus will be especially important to all the Plus-70 citizens.

We are all rooting for him.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wonder when the pres actually contracted the disease?

He was on stage with Biden Tuesday.

Pence was last in contact with the pres Tuesday, before the debate.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

From the news story that Route45 posted above:

"The news comes just four hours after it was revealed that one of the president's closest advisers, Hope Hicks, had tested positive.
    Hicks had traveled with him to Ohio for the debate on Tuesday and to Minnesota for a rally on Wednesday.
    Hicks was also on Marine One, the president's helicopter, when it left the White House to fly to Joint Base Andrews on Wednesday. She was seen walking to the helicopter with fellow top presidential advisers, such as Stephen Miller, Dan Scavino and Jared Kushner. None of them were wearing masks."

Seems awfully soon to be showing symptoms on Wednesday after being exposed Tuesday. Who knows.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am seeing the same thing, unfortunately.

I have two extended family members fighting this right now. One is in pretty good health overall, and is struggling hard, but seems to be getting through. The other....not so well. They are older, heavier, and have some health issues. This thing is serious.

Prayer sent.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    that kind of attitude is horse:poop: which is meant to say nothing about your friends, only the opinion.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Just when we figured ole Joe would pull this one out of his hat ! It seems like for whatever reason in 2020 Murphey's law is alive and well. Too bad it wasn't Nancy.

This is coldhearted and just a horrible sentiment to give voice to.

I will admit that if she or any of her ilk are diagnosed, I will not shed any tears, but wishing a disease that has proven deadly (in numbers however small) is a practice of the Lefties. We are better than that.

Please see the following examples:

I wouldn’t wish that on anybody. I’m hopeful for his and the First Lady’s continued good health.

As an old-timer myself...with at least one or two co-morbidities...President Trump represents "our" age bracket. His success in fighting off this virus will be especially important to all the Plus-70 citizens.

Thank you, Kut, Snapdragon, and Alpo for exemplifying a better approach. Rep inbound, x3.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    that kind of attitude is horse:poop: which is meant to say nothing about your friends, only the opinion.
    And by 'friends', I actually mean Facebook friends, most of whom are acquaintances, former coworkers, etc. I would not expect or tolerate this :poop: from people I call close friends.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I know we all have our differences but there are certain times to rise above.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

The Pences have already tested negative according to Tony Katz. I'm sure Biden will be tested again.

Good luck and get well to the first family.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis

Facebook / Social Media is a plague and contributes quite a bit to the division we've been seeing in our country. If you haven't watched "The Social Dilemma" on Netflix, it explains how the big tech companies target you and feed you what they think you'll click on or watch. They'll feed you garbage / hate just so they can throw in a paid advertisement in there and make some coin off of you.

Social Media is honestly the worst thing to happen to this world in the past 20 years in my opinion.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    WKc8ffT.jpg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Facebook / Social Media is a plague and contributes quite a bit to the division we've been seeing in our country. If you haven't watched "The Social Dilemma" on Netflix, it explains how the big tech companies target you and feed you what they think you'll click on or watch. They'll feed you garbage / hate just so they can throw in a paid advertisement in there and make some coin off of you.

Social Media is honestly the worst thing to happen to this world in the past 20 years in my opinion.
    I totally agree.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From the news story that Route45 posted above:

"The news comes just four hours after it was revealed that one of the president's closest advisers, Hope Hicks, had tested positive.
    Hicks had traveled with him to Ohio for the debate on Tuesday and to Minnesota for a rally on Wednesday.
    Hicks was also on Marine One, the president's helicopter, when it left the White House to fly to Joint Base Andrews on Wednesday. She was seen walking to the helicopter with fellow top presidential advisers, such as Stephen Miller, Dan Scavino and Jared Kushner. None of them were wearing masks."

Seems awfully soon to be showing symptoms on Wednesday after being exposed Tuesday. Who knows.
    I haven't seen nor heard anything that said they were showing symptoms. Only that they tested positive.

Top Bottom