• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Back to bringing them down with electronics rather than buckshot. Is there a way? DYI?

Drone on drone warfare. Defense drone nets intruder drone.

[video]https://mashable.com/video/drone-hunter-catches-rogue-drones-fortem/#AHWjPFhMgsq3[/video]

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    the military has been doing this over battlefields for a long while now
    Are we to believe the government hasn't deployed this technology over large cities? Honestly they would be negligent not to IMO with the threats against our country these days.
    I've said it before, I'm sure they use them DAILY over large cities for monitoring and rewind, possibly even Indy. I know they use them for large national and large sports events for monitoring.
    How big of a crime it has to be before they "review the footage" and who determines that who knows. I doubt a warrant would be needed, hell its been brought to light that the state police has been monitoring cell phone signals for a long time with no warrants. Huge grey area and constitutional issues.
    I'm sure they don't want to officially acknowledge they're using it over cities daily. Also how low down the line does the access to it go? State partners too or even some city law enforcement who have been federally deputized or whatever they call it. Sworn to secrecy you can be sure.
    We always hear from officials in government and in law enforcement that oh no no we dont have that technology or no no they dont use that technology or I would know about it, until we find out its been used for years and they hid it so they wouldn't get challenged in court or give up an investigative method. If you can think it, you can bet they have
    A quote of a post I made back in February.
    Now an article with proof to back up my "lunatic rantings".
    This technology isn't new by the way. They've been doing this for a while. How far down the LEO food chain they share info and for how long and for what crimes or reasons is a different story.
    So next time you're running around naked on your back 40, you are on candid camera.

https://start.att.net/news/read/art...tude_surveillance_bal-rnewsweek/category/news

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    I'm not a fan of drones.
    My other hobby is rc planes.
    I am a member of the AMA, fly 95% at a designated field, and closely follow safety guidelines and common sense.
    Drones are a big issue for sport rc pilots as many of the people that fly them have no regard for sensisibility, safety, or the privacy of others.
    Once again the few mess it up for the many.

Amen. I've been flying radio control planes for 33 years. No problems till the quad copter drones showed up.

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    I understand your concern with privacy and there are idiots out there that will use them for peeping. However, I use one extensively for work and love that it makes my job easier. I’ve never been interested in some else’s property other than what my objective is. Unfortunately there will always be some that ruin it for the rest of us.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    Amen. I've been flying radio control planes for 33 years. No problems till the quad copter drones showed up.
    I believe most of the problems are caused by individuals not complying with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) guidelines for drones.

Top Bottom