• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Its funny though that most of the "fears" or concerns on drones and even assumptions aren't that far fetched. A friend of mine who is into that kind of technology actively, has shown me some stuff that blew my mind. Not hard to do when it comes to technology, but im talking about the nano (right word?) Technology and how small some of these drones are and ARE right NOW being used in defense applications. We are talking about drones that are the size of insects and not only have camera or listening technology but strike capabilities as in shape charge warheads! Its insane.
    This isn't my area of knowledge or interest but i find it fascinating the endless possibilities good and bad. We are entering a new age of revolution. Like how the industrial revolution happened, this is the new technology revolution. Also in the medical world we are getting ready to see some show stopping breakthroughs and cures soon because of technology.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    If only we could tag RobbyQ and have him check this thread... it would all save us from an eye bleaching no pants drone photo experience. :):

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I can't believe that I've read 66 posts in a thread about drones and NO ONE has mentioned any run-ins with the dreaded Boner Drone.
    :ugh:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I am almost hoping for a major solar coronal mass ejection to happen and fry every high-tech gadget in existence.
    Imagine all those cellphone addicted kids jonesing for their social media for months/years.

I think it would be a good thing to hit the reset button on tech for awhile.

I shouldn't be hoping for that since I am an IT systems administrator and that would end my job (although I would probably get well paid in the aftermath to help rebuild all those systems)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Do you know who is flying the drone?
    They can not fly it over someone else private property.
    Inform the FAA.
    I got a letter from the FAA.
    I can not fly a drone over my OWN property.
    I live under the DOWNWIND leg of Michigan City airport.
    $250. First offense. $1000 second and all could be jail time.
    I have 3 acres of open land and can not enjoy it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I am almost hoping for a major solar coronal mass ejection to happen and fry every high-tech gadget in existence.
    Imagine all those cellphone addicted kids jonesing for their social media for months/years.

I think it would be a good thing to hit the reset button on tech for awhile.

I shouldn't be hoping for that since I am an IT systems administrator and that would end my job (although I would probably get well paid in the aftermath to help rebuild all those systems)
    Oh i hope for it all the time.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Inform the FAA.

Wow. That kinda sucks. Do planes get that close to your property? I stopped updating my firmware on my drone when DJI started implementing ridiculous GEOfencing in their updates that would not let you lift off in certain areas, even on your own property. Many of their 'areas' were based on archaic data like airfields that no longer exist. I follow all the rules, and I am registered with the FAA, so I'm not saying people should do otherwise. It's much like shooting guns, in terms of using common sense. As to flying over private property, it's done all the time; you just don't linger over someone's property, and you normally do it up high, and moving, not sitting. Most people don't even know if a drone has flown over their property, as long as the flyer doesn't do stupid stuff.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Inform the FAA.
    If you teather your drone it's no longer a uav and should avoid regulations. ;)

100 yards of fishing line should work ok right?

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ever consider the advantages of being "that crazy man" in the neighborhood that everyone knows you don't go anywhere near? I knew a few growing up.

I didn't move out to east butt nowhere just to be remotely drug back into the crap I left behind.

I don't plan on painting my woods purple, putting up signs or rolling out the welcome mat to aerial visitors. What comes to Mongo's place stays in Mongo's place.

I will be a modern version of "that crazy man" if that is what it takes...

You might not be the only one.

The scary issue here is not as much "private" concerns as governmental. What happens when the "crazy man" collides with doxing and or red flag laws?

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. How do you hide from these things?

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Live on the outskirts of a small town in the middle of nowhere, know the Sheriff and deputies and make sure they know "you are that crazy man".

I am not anonymous to everyone, just the one's I choose.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    For some reason I just now read the title as "piracy vs drones". Now I'm slightly disappointed there's no anti-porch pirate drone on the market.

Top Bottom