Private business that advertise "NO GUNS".

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I dont understand your point. I frequent a bar where you're in the minority if you dont carry a gun. :dunno:

Me too at the far end of Main Street. I feel really safe at that bar.

8 second saloon?

I’m against no gun signs and their enforcement but the public opinion on mixing guns and alcohol isn’t likely to change anytime soon. Be happy Indiana is as liberal as they are in their gun laws regarding the carry in those establishments and while having a beer. Open carry in a bar, or a seeming empty holster protest isn’t a hill to die on.

So folks feel you cannot carry a gun and have a beer and still be responsible?

Yet they have no problem having a beer (or two or three) and getting in two ton cage of death and driving home.

DTUVvMKVQAEMon9.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When I would go into my American Legion Post to volunteer at a dinner, I'd conceal. I didn't want to affect their business because of my decision.

But when I went in to do Finance Officer work, in the office, I'd OC as usual.
    One time, one of the ladies saw my revolver and made a comment about why do I need "that".
    I told her EVERY time she saw me, I was armed. So there must be nothing to worry about.
    The bartender pulled out his gun and said, it's an American Legion Post, EVERY ONE's armed.
    She looked credulous.
    About half the customers pulled out a piece.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When I would go into my American Legion Post to volunteer at a dinner, I'd conceal. I didn't want to affect their business because of my decision.

But when I went in to do Finance Officer work, in the office, I'd OC as usual.
    One time, one of the ladies saw my revolver and made a comment about why do I need "that".
    I told her EVERY time she saw me, I was armed. So there must be nothing to worry about.
    The bartender pulled out his gun and said, it's an American Legion Post, EVERY ONE's armed.
    She looked credulous.
    About half the customers pulled out a piece.

I love that ****. Love it.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    8 second saloon?

I’m against no gun signs and their enforcement but the public opinion on mixing guns and alcohol isn’t likely to change anytime soon. Be happy Indiana is as liberal as they are in their gun laws regarding the carry in those establishments and while having a beer. Open carry in a bar, or a seeming empty holster protest isn’t a hill to die on.

No. Gold Brick Tavern in Lawrence.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS

In the spirit of Coach, what is "conceal". Some kind of new age English or is that Lithuanian?

Not trying to be difficult but the templet was cast.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In the spirit of Coach, what is "conceal". Some kind of new age English or is that Lithuanian?

Not trying to be difficult but the templet was cast.

Really...:dunno:

Even when I OC (seldom depending on location etc) I am still concealing a BUG.
    When I CC (most times or 98%) I am double concealing.......:):

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    If one visits a no gun zone and is called out on it I knew one guy that would open dialog with the owner. "I respect your right as a private business to prohibit your customers saftey, so do you have a lockbox coatcheck for my gun? Also, I do not see enough aremed security to guarantee my safety while shopping here especially when I have to go out in your dark parking lot to stow my gun,, and another thing, you may think everyone is armless but as a new arrival customer, I would like to frisk every one in here at the moment to test your theory." Goodbye.

Last edited:

DataGeek19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Indy is not as bad as other cities. However maybe I don’t pay attention to the signs like I should. There are a lot of “No gun” signage in downtown Nashville TN.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    Whole Foods downtown is no guns, predictably. But, at first they just had a sign with a Beretta M9 silhouette and the circle with the line through it. I figured meh I am not carrying an M9 and waltzed in with my Shield. They have subsequently added "No Guns" above that sign though. I still carry there. After a few months of being open though it did not take them long to hire armed security not for people like me for the most part but the legions of druggees and homeless that float around even the circle.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Whole Foods downtown is no guns, predictably. But, at first they just had a sign with a Beretta M9 silhouette and the circle with the line through it. I figured meh I am not carrying an M9 and waltzed in with my Shield. They have subsequently added "No Guns" above that sign though. I still carry there. After a few months of being open though it did not take them long to hire armed security not for people like me for the most part but the legions of druggees and homeless that float around even the circle.

And you continue to patronize them with your business? How dare you, you’re a disgrace to the gun community! :rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

​BUT.....BUT....BUT....we do not have a homeless/drugee issue in the downtown area........

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom