Private business that advertise "NO GUNS".

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Whole Foods downtown is no guns, predictably. But, at first they just had a sign with a Beretta M9 silhouette and the circle with the line through it. I figured meh I am not carrying an M9 and waltzed in with my Shield. They have subsequently added "No Guns" above that sign though. I still carry there. After a few months of being open though it did not take them long to hire armed security not for people like me for the most part but the legions of druggees and homeless that float around even the circle.

Whole Foods is from Texas where they believe in signs.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Goodfellas, Cedar Lake, on US 41.

Their theme is prohibition era gangsters. Life size posters of Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, Meyer Lansky, Bugs Moran and the like. Guns from the same era hanging on the wall. I once open carried in their establishment and was invited to leave. Rather hypocritical to make your money off the legends of criminals but not recognize 2nd Amendment rights of good guys. Food is OK but nothing special. Find another more gun-friendly place to patronize.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Their theme is prohibition era gangsters. Life size posters of Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, Meyer Lansky, Bugs Moran and the like. Guns from the same era hanging on the wall. I once open carried in their establishment and was invited to leave. Rather hypocritical to make your money off the legends of criminals but not recognize 2nd Amendment rights of good guys. Food is OK but nothing special. Find another more gun-friendly place to patronize.

I thought the same thing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Perhaps you needed to care a firearm from the era, to keep with the theme. lol

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Post on their social media every time you didn't patronize them b/c of their policy. "My family just spent$100 on dinner, not at your establishment though b/c of your policy on firearms." Of course liberal nuts will virtue signal about how they're going to dine there all the time now, but management will see those sentiments are nothing but wishful thinking when they do their books at the end of the month.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Post on their social media every time you didn't patronize them b/c of their policy. "My family just spent$100 on dinner, not at your establishment though b/c of your policy on firearms." Of course liberal nuts will virtue signal about how they're going to dine there all the time now, but management will see those sentiments are nothing but wishful thinking when they do their books at the end of the month.

I hate to be a wet blanket here, but I highly doubt that they're going to care about what anyone says on social media, with the possible exception of those who post pictures or video about legitimately bad stuff like roaches or unsanitary kitchens. A new or very small business might freak out, but anyone well-established probably isn't worried.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

I did post something about the incident on their FB page. I was surprised they didn't delete it, but actually responded to it. They responded with some typical BS justification. I responded with something to the effect that their "no-gun" sign consisted of a very small sign, no more than 8x10 but maybe even smaller, that was posted behind the bar where few people would be likely to even notice it at all, and not at the front door. I suggested that if they are going to have such a policy that they at least post it at the front door, so that people entering the establishment could make a decision at that point whether to go in or not, as that might save both the patrons and the management a confrontation that neither wanted to have during a night out for dinner.

The advantage of posting on FB or other media is that other potential customers will see it and it may influence their decision to spend their money there, or elsewhere.

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    No.
    But I hear I have a mean scowl. So....

Not to start anything here, but I used to have a co-worker with a nickname, "Scary Larry". But I think his had something to do with failure to follow proper electrical safety precautions on the job, and the consequences of that blatant carelessness, more than anything to do with his intimidating appearance. :cool:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not to start anything here, but I used to have a co-worker with a nickname, "Scary Larry". But I think his had something to do with failure to follow proper electrical safety precautions on the job, and the consequences of that blatant carelessness, more than anything to do with his intimidating appearance. :cool:

Sounds like he's a brother. :)

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    I regularly frequent a chain of hotels and as such regularly get surveys from those hotels. One hotel I used to frequent 6-8 nights a month in OH suddenly had the sign on the door one time. I changed my reservations going forward to another hotel. Later the former hotel sent me a survey and I commented that I wouldn't stay at that location as long as the sticker was on the door. I later received an email from the location manager stating that the policy had changed. And there is no more sticker. I understand it is their right to prohibit on their property and I respect that, but I will kindly decline access to my property (money) and respectfully let them know it. In this case, they changed and I've been staying there again when in town.

Top Bottom