• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • way2good4u95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 5, 2018
    Plainfield
    Too many people think their guns are magically made of gold. Some factor in the price of shipping and transfer when buying new and adjust their prices based on that but mostly people just overvalue their stuff. They cannot accept losing money because of market changes or overpaying.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I have had nothing but good experiences with INGO people on the deals we completed. Want it less than initially priced? Wait a couple weeks and see if it is still up. Make a reasonable offer and be polite.

Worked for me several times.

Don

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have had nothing but good experiences with INGO people on the deals we completed. Want it less than initially priced? Wait a couple weeks and see if it is still up. Make a reasonable offer and be polite.

Worked for me several times.

Don

Exactly!

Keep in mind it goes both ways. A trade is a trade. Both parties come away happy.

I for one have likely paid more to make a quick trade at my convenience. Once in a while it's a market decision also, one that could be wrong.

The same goes for selling. Many factors are involved, including reaching the right set of eyes, at the right time.

It is often informative when you drop to a certain price because your item doesn't seem to have any interest, only to find that it was being watched closely by numerous potential buyers.

USPatriot11B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    This is one of the biggest reasons I am running from AL. People have no concept of used gun values and are frankly too lazy to do their homework. The biggest problem is no one wants to meet in the middle.

Sellers think they have gold, buyers always want a good deal. Some sellers dont understand your never going to get all your money back out of your guns and for sure not getting it back out of accessories. At the same time buyers act as if gun shops give those tac lights and 5 extra mags ammo etc away with every purchase.

Ill admit I have flipped a couple guns sometimes its your lucky day and you find an unbelievably good deal and you make a buck but yes, most flippers are asking 100 or more than asking when they got it at a fair price to begin with.

There is also nothing wrong with starting your asking price a little higher than what you actually expect to get out of it. It gives you a little wiggle room and as long as its not a total lowball makes the buyer feel like your easy to work with and they are getting a fair price.

As far as putting the trade value at the total worth of every penny you have in it or several hundred dollars over cash price...those guys can eat it. Everyone uses cars as the best comparison for this but lets be honest they dont give you that much more for trade.

Obviously this is just my 2 cents so take it with the grain of salt it deserves but I actually feel better writting this out.

Maybe I will like InGo

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I saw this:

Then this:

And my mind read "Hot Chicken".... :drool:

I need to get to Nashville. Stat.

You and indy1919a4 are the only 2 people I've heard mention that place. One of these days if I have occasion to be in Nashville I'm going to have to try it. I understand you can't be in a hurry but indy said it's worth the wait.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Not for me..

Why would they? If the gun doesn't actually exist, then it's not their concern. If the gun is overpriced, they don't care.

"Fraud prevention is the business of the FBI"

With the ways that the FBI has operated in the last half dozen years, I don't want them ANYWHERE around making decisions on gun sales???...Bill.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The problem with gun shows is that they’re populated by a lot of gun store commando types. Not everyone there is an INGO member who pays close attention to the market. As far as our classifieds, the worst thing you can do is be firm on a reasonable price. People here feel like they’ve got to get a steal on everything. If you asked $350 for a pistol, or posted the same one for $400 and let a guy haggle down to $350, the haggled price will always sell quicker. It makes no sense but that’s how people seem to work around here. 99% of my deals have been at asking price because I don’t like haggling. If you have an item at a price I think is fair then we have a deal, otherwise I move on.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Someone with a 460 S&W Bear kit scammed my buddy out of nearly $1,000. He got it back through PayPal. His ads started disappearing. Now the yahoo is posting 1895 SBLs from various locations that would require shipping for $800. How can the ATF not crack down on these people?

I'm surprised PayPal even got involved other than just shutting down the accounts, since I believe it violates their TOS on both sides do purchase/sell guns using PayPal as payment (?)

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I'm surprised PayPal even got involved other than just shutting down the accounts, since I believe it violates their TOS on both sides do purchase/sell guns using PayPal as payment (?)

i was completely shocked by this too, but they said he was covered under their payment protection.

Top Bottom