• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I'm saying not to lower the price unless you have to sell. It's just a model that is widely available and regularly pushed in sales ads and emails. You'll get what you're asking if your patient. you have a limited audience for that pistol and a market that has been flooded by rebates, free stuff, and crazy Mark down all summer long. I just got an honor guard for 315 brand new, and everyone seems to have picked up Shields this summer. Stick to your price and eventually you'll get it.

You'll see modded pistols sit for long periods unless they are done by a well known shop. You'll rarely see someone get anywhere near their investment if it is all owner installed parts.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm saying not to lower the price unless you have to sell. It's just a model that is widely available and regularly pushed in sales ads and emails. You'll get what you're asking if your patient. you have a limited audience for that pistol and a market that has been flooded by rebates, free stuff, and crazy Mark down all summer long. I just got an honor guard for 315 brand new, and everyone seems to have picked up Shields this summer. Stick to your price and eventually you'll get it.

You'll see modded pistols sit for long periods unless they are done by a well known shop. You'll rarely see someone get anywhere near their investment if it is all owner installed parts.

1. Appreciate your input, I really do.
    2. I don't really care if I sell the Ruger for $250, $235 or 225.
    3. I will not sell it for $200: that is the price for a used 380.
    4. I do need to pay for my new Sig Sauer 1911-22. :laugh:
    5. I have already thought that I might have to wait to sell it b/c the timing isn't right for whatever reasons.
    6. I bought a used Smith Shield 9mm, so I get what you mean by the summer's rebates and ads, in fact I got a new Smith 642 Airweight revolver for my CC for only $300 new at Cabela this summer and I still can't believe it. I didn't need it, I had a perfectly good Charter Arms SS light revolver for $250, but for $71 more dollars difference (tax), to have a Smith? :rockwoot:
    7. At least I got in on some of the summer's specials! :draw:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Someone is supposed to buy the Ruger Friday after work: we'll see.
    He fished for a lower price and I told him the $225 was the lowered price since I wanted $250 last week, and I had turned down $235.
    I told him that I would not take $200, that is the price of a .380.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The buyer was in touch with me a 3 times today:
    Once to let me know we were still good for Friday
    Another time to agree to the price
    Another to firm up the time and the place, fortunately, close to both of us b/c he apparently lives very close to LNHS.
    This time tomorrow, I'll have to be thinking of what to sell next.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    1. I'm just spoiled when it comes to selling.
    2. It is funny that the less expensive gun I've sold has taken 2 weeks instead of a day or less.

Sometimes with lower cost items you are dealing with a different crowd. Doesn't surprise me honestly.

Top Bottom