Osceola
    200_s.gif

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Are you sure you have wargamed this out? Why are you against "that one"?

Wargamed this out? Like when WOPR said "Would you like to play a nice game of chess?"

Ok, anyway, I'm not against it but I'm not for it.

I agree that nobody should have to get a permission slip to exercise a natural right. On the other hand, from what I've read "We the People" used to comprise "proper persons" only. At that point things get a little more complicated. Who is a proper person and how does anyone know? If it worked that way when the contract was signed shouldn't it work that way now? I press for that form of "interpretation" on everything else, should I not be stuck with it here too? If I'm going to be a strict originalist part of the time must I not toe that line all that time? Hypocrisy can become a harsh mistress quite quickly. I try not to go there. Yes, it happens, I'm only human and all that, but I try.

Do I get a refund on my lifetime LTCH? If it is to go away, shouldn't I? Why not?

Why would I ever trust a politician? What's to say they won't get rid of the LTCH, then in a couple of years decide they need to force a CCW on us? Woops, gotta start all over with different rules and a different fee schedule. $150 wasn't enough for 'em, now it's $300? What if they like other people's money as much as the next crook? How about $500 because inflation? I like it when laws I deem wrongful go away, but that doesn't mean I should trust the people who do it.

Now, if Indiana goes Constitutional Carry AND you can get a LTCH too, or keep the one you have, I'm good with that. And no, obviously I haven't read the bill.

So, for now I'm not against it, but I'm not for it. Which I don't see as a real big problem since whatsisname appears to have been bought by one of Bloomberg's Everyscumbag Against Guns outfits so nothing good will get out of committee.

MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    I think we should not need a license to drive a vehicle in Indiana and a LTCH to carry a gun in Indiana. Just buy a car and go for it. Oh, I forgot, it is privilege to drive in Indiana, not a right.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Anyone else still have qualms about why our legislators haven't greased the rails for constitutional carry this year? We have people, INGO-gun people that don't want constitutional carry. Now imagine how many hunters and folks that believe they're pro-2nd Amendment because they like to deer hunt and/or have dad's 870 in their closet for home protection but can't understand why you need to carry a gun around in public and what their opinion on constitutional carry is. This is not the slam dunk many of us imagine it to be as evidenced by the comments of a couple of INGOers right here in this thread.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Wargamed this out? Like when WOPR said "Would you like to play a nice game of chess?"

Ok, anyway, I'm not against it but I'm not for it.

I agree that nobody should have to get a permission slip to exercise a natural right. On the other hand, from what I've read "We the People" used to comprise "proper persons" only. At that point things get a little more complicated. Who is a proper person and how does anyone know? If it worked that way when the contract was signed shouldn't it work that way now? I press for that form of "interpretation" on everything else, should I not be stuck with it here too? If I'm going to be a strict originalist part of the time must I not toe that line all that time? Hypocrisy can become a harsh mistress quite quickly. I try not to go there. Yes, it happens, I'm only human and all that, but I try.

Do I get a refund on my lifetime LTCH? If it is to go away, shouldn't I? Why not?

Why would I ever trust a politician? What's to say they won't get rid of the LTCH, then in a couple of years decide they need to force a CCW on us? Woops, gotta start all over with different rules and a different fee schedule. $150 wasn't enough for 'em, now it's $300? What if they like other people's money as much as the next crook? How about $500 because inflation? I like it when laws I deem wrongful go away, but that doesn't mean I should trust the people who do it.

Now, if Indiana goes Constitutional Carry AND you can get a LTCH too, or keep the one you have, I'm good with that. And no, obviously I haven't read the bill.

So, for now I'm not against it, but I'm not for it. Which I don't see as a real big problem since whatsisname appears to have been bought by one of Bloomberg's Everyscumbag Against Guns outfits so nothing good will get out of committee.

By that reasoning, what's to stop them from raising the current fee? If they want to cease regulating something they should not be, let them. It gives them a farther road to walk to take Liberty later.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think we should not need a license to drive a vehicle in Indiana and a LTCH to carry a gun in Indiana. Just buy a car and go for it. Oh, I forgot, it is privilege to drive in Indiana, not a right.

The non-sequitur is strong with this one. If I could drive any vehicle built prior to unleaded gasoline or a truck of at least 3/4 ton with a bed >6 feet in length without a license then we would have something a little closer to apples and oranges. Maybe apples to meatloaf would be correct. As it is this is like comparing ice cream to Tuesday.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    By that reasoning, what's to stop them from raising the current fee? If they want to cease regulating something they should not be, let them. It gives them a farther road to walk to take Liberty later.

I'm certainly not saying I won't let them. In fact, if they choose to do it what in the world can I do to stop them? But then, that's not my point at all.

Of course they can raise the current fee. And if they take it away can they not bring it back with a larger fee and a training requirement and a requirement to osculate a politician's gluteus?

I completely support Constitutional Carry nationwide. Sadly, if a Constitutional Amendment that is absolute (no qualifications like the First) won't get the job done, what will? I'd like to see National Constitutional Carry where if you're a citizen you can carry anywhere/everywhere period. Shall not be infringed and all that. School Zones? Sure. Court Houses? Sure. The halls/gallery of Congress? What would straighten their act out more effectively? No permission slips for anyone. What would give the Allahu Akbar set more of a pause than that? (Say Allah one more time...)

All I'm really saying is I don't trust them any further than I can throw an aircraft carrier left handed. Frankly I don't think you should either.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville

I'm not following you here.

Driving is not a right, it's a privilege. Thats why you need a license.

Self defense is a right. Thats why you shouldn't need a license.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I certainly don't trust them, and I don't think anyone who has read my posts would think I do. All I'm saying is a lack of trust is no argument against constitutional carry. If they want to vote to limit government power, then we should be supportive. It gives them more work to do if they want to be more restrictive down the road.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Well, I have a lifetime LTCH and I've very much in favor of constitutional carry.
    My wife will be able to legally carry, and I can choose to get her Larry when going to states that honor our permits.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Below is a link to the proposed changes in this year's legislative session. Interesting read. I kind of like the one to eliminate taxes on gun sales and ammo. It does not look like it will get anywhere. Also, there is a study about eliminating the need for a license to carry in Indiana. Since I have my lifetime license, I am against that one! Contact your representatives if you have a strong feeling one way or another on these house bills.

Proposed Indiana Gun Laws :: American Gun Owners Alliance

howtoanswer.gif

You know... I'm tempted to join the dogpile here. I won't, though. Just because you had to pay for yours doesn't mean you should have had to. I am glad to see your post, though, because you helped illustrate GFGT's point perfectly.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I certainly don't trust them, and I don't think anyone who has read my posts would think I do. All I'm saying is a lack of trust is no argument against constitutional carry. If they want to vote to limit government power, then we should be supportive. It gives them more work to do if they want to be more restrictive down the road.

I certainly do not disagree. I'm all for making it more difficult for them.

I also do not mean to actually suggest that you do trust them. Perhaps I should have stated it as "Frankly I don't think anyone should either." I didn't really mean to make it all pointy.

I did send emails arguing (asking?) that the pro-gun bills should come out of committee. Until that happens all this is just chatting online. Rumor has it Bosma finds cash more compelling anyway, especially considering I can't actually vote him out - wrong side of town.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    These comments remind me of a few I've heard from long time suppressor owners. They paid the tax and think that everyone else should too so they are opposed to removing them from the NFA list. Go figure, wanting to keep a restriction in place since you've paid and you don't think it fair to you that someone else may not have to pay to exorcise the same right.

The other sad thing is there are over 20 other proposed bills regarding firearms this year, some good, some bad but we're just commenting on one of them and not trying to gain support for the good ones and opposition for the bad ones. We are at times our own worst enemy.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I certainly do not disagree. I'm all for making it more difficult for them.

I also do not mean to actually suggest that you do trust them. Perhaps I should have stated it as "Frankly I don't think anyone should either." I didn't really mean to make it all pointy.

I did send emails arguing (asking?) that the pro-gun bills should come out of committee. Until that happens all this is just chatting online. Rumor has it Bosma finds cash more compelling anyway, especially considering I can't actually vote him out - wrong side of town.

:yesway:

Lucas seemed optimistic of their chances following summer study. Perhaps the opportunity for some of the misconceptions to be put to bed will help assuage some of the anxieties of the Republican leadership.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I am more concerned with the proposed training requirement Proposed Indiana Gun Law SB0123 and open carry on rifles Proposed Indiana Gun Law SB0426. Even a law that we think has no chance bears watching.

I am for constitutional carry but will keep my lifetime until and renew my Utah until we get national constitutional carry.

Those bills are dead this session. They have passed the deadline to be heard on Third Reading in the Senate, and did not make it out of committee. If you look at Bills for Session 2017 - Indiana General Assembly, 2017 Session you'll see that some bills are still listed in blue. Those that are not are dead this session, but may be introduced anew in another, or if they were kept alive as in HB 1071 re: HB 1159, may still be heard as amendments.

And yes, I'm keeping my Utah and debating my Arizona as well. Under current law, I can lawfully carry in all but 12 states: HI, OR, CA, MN, IL, SC, MD, NJ, NY, CT, MA, RI
    My AZ gets me NM and my UT gets me WA, while both of them get me NV, NE, and DE. It's not that I travel to any of those, but I like the option to do so without being unarmed.

Blessings,
    Bill

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    No one is asking the most important question; what flavor of popcorn is getting passed around? :D

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm all for Constitutional carry. I want my wife to be able to get in my Jeep without having to take my Glock out of its safe just to keep from committing a crime. I also don't want her to have to be fingerprinted and taxed to exercise her 2A rights. I'm fuming mad at the Republicans who sat silently when this came up in committee to see if it could get a vote.
    Because instead of doing what is right by the constitution in this Republic they think this is a democracy in which the most vocal count more than the rest of us or the law. So they cowered to outside preassure and didn't have the balls to pass it which they could have. I'm glad it's atleast getting a summer study committee but it should have never came to this.
    The republocans AS A WHOLE are as useless as the democrats. We still have good individual legistlators that are pro-2a but many of their colleagues are pro- whatever it takes to get re-elected, **** the constitution and what's right.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yes for Reciprocity, with other states. In addition, I guess why not require a LTCH. If you want to carry, you need to take the extra effort to get your LTCH. Like I said, I made my effort and have my lifetime LTCH.

Indiana's prohibition on carrying handguns is repugnant, and no less so, the licensed required for exemption.

Top Bottom