• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "...Why not require a LTCH..."

Because some people actually get guns to defend themselves.
    Or are they supposed to just die while waiting for licenses?

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Shouldn't that be a reasonable search and seizure license? I'm sure as hell not paying for my searches and seizures to be unreasonable!

I'm late to this thread, but as I read this, it occurred to me: Isn't asset forfeiture generally your payment for the unreasonable search and seizure? :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Shouldn't that be a reasonable search and seizure license? I'm sure as hell not paying for my searches and seizures to be unreasonable!

If I'm gonna go for it. I'm going for the GOOD stuff. I want my searches unreasonable. And I want them now!

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Those bills are dead this session. They have passed the deadline to be heard on Third Reading in the Senate, and did not make it out of committee. If you look at Bills for Session 2017 - Indiana General Assembly, 2017 Session you'll see that some bills are still listed in blue. Those that are not are dead this session, but may be introduced anew in another, or if they were kept alive as in HB 1071 re: HB 1159, may still be heard as amendments.

And yes, I'm keeping my Utah and debating my Arizona as well. Under current law, I can lawfully carry in all but 12 states: HI, OR, CA, MN, IL, SC, MD, NJ, NY, CT, MA, RI
    My AZ gets me NM and my UT gets me WA, while both of them get me NV, NE, and DE. It's not that I travel to any of those, but I like the option to do so without being unarmed.

Blessings,
    Bill

As Bill correctly notes, those particular bills are dead. However, Senators Breaux and Porter keep coming back and introducing this kind of legislation every session. Although those two members generally don't have anything advance in any session, they get to make their statement (a form of virtue signaling), and, maybe one day, there will be a window of opportunity.

Thus, as many note, vigilance is warranted.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm certainly not saying I won't let them. In fact, if they choose to do it what in the world can I do to stop them? But then, that's not my point at all.

Of course they can raise the current fee. And if they take it away can they not bring it back with a larger fee and a training requirement and a requirement to osculate a politician's gluteus?

I completely support Constitutional Carry nationwide. Sadly, if a Constitutional Amendment that is absolute (no qualifications like the First) won't get the job done, what will? I'd like to see National Constitutional Carry where if you're a citizen you can carry anywhere/everywhere period. Shall not be infringed and all that. School Zones? Sure. Court Houses? Sure. The halls/gallery of Congress? What would straighten their act out more effectively? No permission slips for anyone. What would give the Allahu Akbar set more of a pause than that? (Say Allah one more time...)

All I'm really saying is I don't trust them any further than I can throw an aircraft carrier left handed. Frankly I don't think you should either.

Wait a minute. You're losing me here. So you're not for this bill to pass in Indiana because they could bring back even more infringements? I agree. Don't trust them. Just because they tend to screw us doesn't mean I can't support the outstroke while fighting against the instroke.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I already paid for my lifetime LTNHSQWTCOTO, so I'm against getting rid of that one.

Do you have the basic LTNHSQWTCOTO for peacetime (LTNHSQWTCOTOPT) or the upgraded one for time of declared war (LTNHSQWTCOTOPTATODW)?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's "LIFETIME" so I figured that I was covered for whatever happened....y'know....during my lifetime.

We haven't "declared" war since WWII. I'm just saying during a full-mobilization (requires declared war, last time was WWII) a LTNHSQWTCOTOPT, even if it is lifetime, may not keep the GIs out of your refrigerator and off your couch.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We haven't "declared" war since WWII. I'm just saying during a full-mobilization (requires declared war, last time was WWII) a LTNHSQWTCOTOPT, even if it is lifetime, may not keep the GIs out of your refrigerator and off your couch.

The Third Amendment is my LTNHSQWTCOTOPT!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Strong in this thread, the purple is.

Yoda-The-dark-side-i-sense-in-you.jpg

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I heard the lifetime LTNHSQWTCOTO is going away.

This is not an argument for or against anything, I'm just passing along info... My state rep sent out a survey a few weeks ago that had a question about constitutional carry on it. Today, since I was one of the people that filled it out and returned it, I received the results. Every question had results that divided 50-50, 40-30-30, etc. except the constitutional carry question, it was 80-20 against. This is in Hamilton county, pretty much the reddest county in the state. With results like those it isn't hard to figure out why they don't have the guts to pass it.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Those bills are dead this session. They have passed the deadline to be heard on Third Reading in the Senate, and did not make it out of committee. If you look at Bills for Session 2017 - Indiana General Assembly, 2017 Session you'll see that some bills are still listed in blue. Those that are not are dead this session, but may be introduced anew in another, or if they were kept alive as in HB 1071 re: HB 1159, may still be heard as amendments.

And yes, I'm keeping my Utah and debating my Arizona as well. Under current law, I can lawfully carry in all but 12 states: HI, OR, CA, MN, IL, SC, MD, NJ, NY, CT, MA, RI
    My AZ gets me NM and my UT gets me WA, while both of them get me NV, NE, and DE. It's not that I travel to any of those, but I like the option to do so without being unarmed.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thank you for the info. :yesway:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I heard the lifetime LTNHSQWTCOTO is going away.

This is not an argument for or against anything, I'm just passing along info... My state rep sent out a survey a few weeks ago that had a question about constitutional carry on it. Today, since I was one of the people that filled it out and returned it, I received the results. Every question had results that divided 50-50, 40-30-30, etc. except the constitutional carry question, it was 80-20 against. This is in Hamilton county, pretty much the reddest county in the state. With results like those it isn't hard to figure out why they don't have the guts to pass it.

Cause everyone thinks it's allowing felons to carry.
    When it's not.
    Perception matters.

Top Bottom