• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Willson

An approaching train did not stop, and struck the veterans. Willson was hit, ultimately losing both legs below the knee while suffering a severe skull fracture with loss of his right frontal lobe

The train crew filed a lawsuit against Willson, requesting punitive damages for the "humiliation, mental anguish, and physical stress" they suffered as a result of the incident, which was dismissed. U.S. District Judge Robert Peckham said Willson did not plan to cause the railroad workers any distress, because he assumed the train would stop before hitting him

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I would think that if you shoot someone, it's gonna definitely be looked at as you trying to kill them.

If you push slowly forward at 5 mph though a mob that has set upon your vehicle with violent intent, whose fault is it when one of them meshes with the tread?
    I think that any reasonable person would conclude that you were in fear, but were not trying to kill anyone if moving slowly but steadily away from the crowd in your vehicle.

Screeching away at full throttle while flipping the bird and laughing probably isn't the best idea though.

Makes sense . . . (writes down a note to self).

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Mr. Wilson won a $902,000 award from the government for standing in front of a train because he was sure it would stop. I really don't know which is crazier, standing in front of a train or settling the suit with a guy who would stand in front of a train and blame others when it hits him.

Top Bottom