• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Agreed but if someone decides they aren't going to be pushed aside and makes the decision to stand their ground, any resulting injuries should not be blamed on the driver.

Remember the Hiliary supporter who sent his 10 year-old into a guys yard to steal the Trump sign? The new progressives don't put themselves in harms way; they send their kids because they think conservatives, who have a moral code, won't hurt children.
    What will you do when they shove a little girl in front of your car or block you with a baby carriage?

Last edited:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Agreed but if someone decides they aren't going to be pushed aside and makes the decision to stand their ground, any resulting injuries should not be blamed on the driver.

Agree in theory, but my luck, it would end badly and I could see facing a judge and jury trying to explain that and hoping they agree.

No thanks, I'll give them their street and I'll find another route.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Remember the Hiliary supporter who sent his 10 year-old into a guys yard to steal the Trump sign? The new progressives don't put themselves in harms way; they send their kids because they think conservatives, who have a moral code, won't hurt children.
    What will you do when they shove a little girl in front of your car or block you with a baby carriage?

Probably be doing the kid a favor, given it's going to be brought up by the kind of parents that would throw it in front of a moving vehicle.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You know how fighter aircraft have markings below the canopy to show air-to-air victories?
    Something like
    th

Like that, only just a hippy with a circle/line across.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Agree in theory, but my luck, it would end badly and I could see facing a judge and jury trying to explain that and hoping they agree.

No thanks, I'll give them their street and I'll find another route.

I'd do everything I could to avoid the situation but I've seen where protestors have blocked interstates basically trapping the motorists. That was the scenario I was thinking about.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Pushing through, isn't the same as "running over." One has intent to do harm. A car slow rolling through protesters seem reasonable, running them down, not so much.

That's basically what the proposed laws would do. It doesn't cover the driver for "willful injuries", but from the sound of it just a slow roll/pushing through the protesters would be allowed.
    https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/18/us/legislation-protects-drivers-injure-protesters/index.html

I'd do everything I could to avoid the situation but I've seen where protestors have blocked interstates basically trapping the motorists. That was the scenario I was thinking about.

Or surround the vehicles, I've seen video of that as well.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    An attack on an occupied motor vehicle? Hmmmmm... where have I heard that before.

Are you going to win that in court, though?

You're the person in the vehicle... you start inching toward a group of protesters... they get angry and start hitting your car... now you pull a gun. Who knows what happens next... but so far, it seems like public sentiment would be against you and for them.

Not saying I agree with it... just saying how it looks.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

You're the person in the vehicle... you start inching toward a group of protesters... they get angry and start hitting your car... now you pull a gun. Who knows what happens next... but so far, it seems like public sentiment would be against you and for them.

Probably depends on your jury pool. If they can put themselves in your car, that is surrounded and being attacked by an angry mob, you would have a good chance. Of course you are financially ruined anyway though.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

A) No guarantees of ANY court decision. You could do everything "right", and still get nailed. Add in "public sentiment", and all bets are off.
    B) Why pull a gun, when you can just drive? I know this is a "gun site", but not every problem is a nail, and you have more than hammers in your toolbox.
    C) I am guessing a lot more transpires than someone kicking your door and you popping a cap. At least, I would hope.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A) No guarantees of ANY court decision. You could do everything "right", and still get nailed. Add in "public sentiment", and all bets are off.
    B) Why pull a gun, when you can just drive? I know this is a "gun site", but not every problem is a nail, and you have more than hammers in your toolbox.
    C) I am guessing a lot more transpires than someone kicking your door and you popping a cap. At least, I would hope.

Well, normally I agree with the drive away from danger.
    But.. if you are SURROUNDED, it kind of implies there are some in front, blocking you.
    So, if you shoot someone, or run someone over, it's kinda 6 of one, half dozen of the other, isn't it?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    And when those protesters start bashing on your car/windows for daring to not let them impede your progress?

What happens then?

I'd say as a start refer to the IC on attack on an occupied vehicle.

Public sentiment can matter in court, or it may not. Look at Zimmerman and OJ as examples.

Probably depends on your jury pool. If they can put themselves in your car, that is surrounded and being attacked by an angry mob, you would have a good chance. Of course you are financially ruined anyway though.

Yep. Or Judge depending. I'd probably listen to my attorneys advice on that if it went that far.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Hmm... where have we seen this strategy used before? (hiding behind women, children and old people)

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel

Don't have to use a gun... reasonable force... occupied motor vehicle... you touch my occupied motor vehicle with malice, I'll get out and Spartan kick you to the curb.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So, if you shoot someone, or run someone over, it's kinda 6 of one, half dozen of the other, isn't it?

I would think that if you shoot someone, it's gonna definitely be looked at as you trying to kill them.

If you push slowly forward at 5 mph though a mob that has set upon your vehicle with violent intent, whose fault is it when one of them meshes with the tread?
    I think that any reasonable person would conclude that you were in fear, but were not trying to kill anyone if moving slowly but steadily away from the crowd in your vehicle.

Screeching away at full throttle while flipping the bird and laughing probably isn't the best idea though.

Top Bottom