• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I've actually had pretty good luck with Optics Planet lately. I do avoid Cheaper Than Dirt and especially Botach like the plague.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've actually had pretty good luck with Optics Planet lately. I do avoid Cheaper Than Dirt and especially Botach like the plague.

I've haven't heard much negative about Optics Planet. I've never ordered from them but I have been looking at a couple of things they have for decent prices. I would put very few companies in the same category as CTD. Not even Botach.

Is OP really one to watch out for?

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I've haven't heard much negative about Optics Planet. I've never ordered from them but I have been looking at a couple of things they have for decent prices. I would put very few companies in the same category as CTD. Not even Botach.

Ive not heard of any shady charges, or order cancellation shenanigans from optics planets, just stuff that that takes forever to come in because it wasn't really "in stock" when they said it was.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Ok, I've never ordered from Sportsman's Guide before, but did just picked some Aguila 22lr from them. Arrived on time and with excellent communication. Good price in the current panic.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    These guys are in the same boat as Botach, Optics Planet and Cheaper Than Dirt. Always a roll of the dice.

Never know when you might catch them on the up side? Their accountability and CS ebbs and flows.

Every online biz out there is riding the "but...covid" to cover sloppy slow service. It ain't just the gun related.

Oh man idk if they’re as bad as botach lmao

I ordered level 4 plates from botach and it took 2+ months to get one of my orders. I ended up canceling the other.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Optics Planet, Sportsmans Guide, and Cheaper than Dirt are off my list of places to buy from. Not much of a fan of any of them anymore. SG and CTD use to be good companies but they have both went down hill a lot in the last 10+ years. Much better places to buy than them.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ive not heard of any shady charges, or order cancellation shenanigans from optics planets, just stuff that that takes forever to come in because it wasn't really "in stock" when they said it was.

This is what I have heard about them on several occasions as well. I have avoided them myself due to this, so no personal experience. I've just always been able to source things elsewhere and never needed to tempt fate with OP myself.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    FYI.... unfortunately it took getting both the BBB and Indiana Attorney General involved before I recieved any resolution.

Now they’re giving away a “free trial” of their membership selling backordered product they’ll never fulfill and then they will just get a free $10 or whatever the membership fee is from everyone waiting on their order that will never come.

Triton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2020
    New Albany
    same here. Order for 500 back in April kept getting pushed back and their games over 4 months. I’m not surprised they are fleecing the market right now.

tribeofham

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Fishers
    Why not dispute the charges to your credit card company? You paid for something and they failed to deliver. I've been pleasantly surprised by how easy and effective disputes have been. The last time I had to do it was for no-go gauges from Pacific Tool and Gauge. Four months after placing an in stock item, they finally replied to an email. "It's back in stock and it will ship shortly." Cool. Two months later, nothing. I couldn't cancel because it was past their window, asking for a refund didn't work, waiting definitely didn'tw ork...Screw it, I thought. I'll talk to USAA about this. Less than 10mins later the money was back in my account and USAA had the dispute on their hands now. Weeks later I got a nasty call from Pacific Tool and Gauge. I heard what they had to say, explained my side, and that was that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why not dispute the charges to your credit card company? You paid for something and they failed to deliver. I've been pleasantly surprised by how easy and effective disputes have been. The last time I had to do it was for no-go gauges from Pacific Tool and Gauge. Four months after placing an in stock item, they finally replied to an email. "It's back in stock and it will ship shortly." Cool. Two months later, nothing. I couldn't cancel because it was past their window, asking for a refund didn't work, waiting definitely didn'tw ork...Screw it, I thought. I'll talk to USAA about this. Less than 10mins later the money was back in my account and USAA had the dispute on their hands now. Weeks later I got a nasty call from Pacific Tool and Gauge. I heard what they had to say, explained my side, and that was that.

I do not like doing business with places that hit my card and have me by the man package until "They" decide and get the parts/pieces to me. So many on line places do this now.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I do not like doing business with places that hit my card and have me by the man package until "They" decide and get the parts/pieces to me. So many on line places do this now.

Pretty much...I'm just glad we're sittin' on sufficient 'product' that we don't need to purchase anything at this time!
    Except .22 long rifle....and I can still get that at just about everywhere I visit for still 'reasonable' dollars!

dan1001s

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2020
    Fort Wayne

Yes Optics can be rough. Waited 3 months for a couple hundred targets. Showed up a week after i tried to cancel.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

I have a no gauge on order from them as well. I haven’t heard diddly squat from the in 6-8 weeks. I just chalked it up to the Rona. Now you got me a little worried. I’m thinking I’m gonna chase it a little next week and see what I can find out about my order.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville

You are a patient man. A "nasty call" from them after that kind of customer treatment wouldn't go well for them, and would lose a customer for life.

tribeofham

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Fishers
    You are a patient man. A "nasty call" from them after that kind of customer treatment wouldn't go well for them, and would lose a customer for life.

Nah, I was drinking at the time and feeling pretty chill. My angry days are tucked away in my past. They were lashing out so I treated him like his therapist would. Haha

As far as doing business with Pacific Tool And Gauge? No way, never again, at least not directly. I'd rather eye my headspace than use one of their gauges! (kidding). Hopefully they change their ways before it's too late.

Top Bottom