• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I do not like doing business with places that hit my card and have me by the man package until "They" decide and get the parts/pieces to me. So many on line places do this now.

Shield Group Applied Military Technologies did this to me. I don't think they are in business anymore unless they changed names. The original ratings was 2 * out of 5. I might have been lucky just to get what I ordered.

BBB rating F
    https://www.bbb.org/us/id/garden-ci...applied-military-technologies-1296-1000064779

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    What's probably the best online store to order ammo from?

TargetsportsUSA, NatchezSS and Midway are where I usually start looking for factory stuff.

Midway usually only wins if they are having a sale and I can bring another discount code or gift card or something into the deal.

Ammoseek can also be your friend if you are willing to buy from companies or entities you've never heard of.

Good luck to you, there ain't much out there and there is no such thing as a reasonable price...just price.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Another +100 for SG Ammo. Always had a positive experience with them.

Same here... SG Ammo has been one of my go-to sites, especially for full cases. I also agree with MidwayUSA (very fast to ship) and Target Sports USA (though they have had virtually zero stock of anything for a while). Fin Feather Fur isn't bad, but they have annoyingly low limits on quantities you can buy. I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I check first for virtually everything. I hate Optics Planet, but they keep giving me those d**n credits and coupon codes! Haha

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    RE: Sportsman's Guide

I've mostly bought surplus clothing and gear from them. Sometimes things aren't as described, sizing is off, etc. But I have had no problem returning stuff.

Never bought ammo from them, I've always found better prices elsewhere. They are still advertising a lot of ammo they don't have in stock.

I've gotten a couple of emails from them about pre-ordering 5.56 that will supposedly be available in November. It's Prvi Parizan (Serbian), 62 gr FMJ, sold in a 1,000 round lot.

But they want $700 for it ($665 for club members).

The last lot of 1,000 rounds of 5.56 I bought I think I paid .24 per round delivered for Federal from Natchez SS. I still have plenty of 5.56 I bought for even less, so I'm not desperate for it.

I don't think I would ever be desperate enough to pay $0.70 per round for 5.56. The way things are I'm betting SG will sell it. But how much hard feelings they will get as a result of the gouging?

I've had good luck with Natchez but they currently have very little ammo in stock. The last ammo I bought from them was in early June, 1,000 rds of CCI/Speer Blazer Brass 9mm FMJ that I got for a little less than $285 delivered.

I've been buying ammo lately from private parties. I work at a big liquor store and see a lot of people. I open carry so sometimes people ask me if I want to buy ammo or have ammo to sell or trade. I've been able to buy or trade for what I need at reasonable prices, sometimes at really good prices. Last week I bought 150 rds of .380ACP, 50 FMJ and 100 HP, for $50. Week before that I got 200 rds of Winchester .45 ACP FMJ so cheap I won't mention the price because I don't want to make anyone cry.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    RE: Sportsman's Guide

I've mostly bought surplus clothing and gear from them. Sometimes things aren't as described, sizing is off, etc. But I have had no problem returning stuff.

Never bought ammo from them, I've always found better prices elsewhere. They are still advertising a lot of ammo they don't have in stock.

I've gotten a couple of emails from them about pre-ordering 5.56 that will supposedly be available in November. It's Prvi Parizan (Serbian), 62 gr FMJ, sold in a 1,000 round lot.

But they want $700 for it ($665 for club members).

The last lot of 1,000 rounds of 5.56 I bought I think I paid .24 per round delivered for Federal from Natchez SS. I still have plenty of 5.56 I bought for even less, so I'm not desperate for it.

I don't think I would ever be desperate enough to pay $0.70 per round for 5.56. The way things are I'm betting SG will sell it. But how much hard feelings they will get as a result of the gouging?

I've had good luck with Natchez but they currently have very little ammo in stock. The last ammo I bought from them was in early June, 1,000 rds of CCI/Speer Blazer Brass 9mm FMJ that I got for a little less than $285 delivered.

I've been buying ammo lately from private parties. I work at a big liquor store and see a lot of people. I open carry so sometimes people ask me if I want to buy ammo or have ammo to sell or trade. I've been able to buy or trade for what I need at reasonable prices, sometimes at really good prices. Last week I bought 150 rds of .380ACP, 50 FMJ and 100 HP, for $50. Week before that I got 200 rds of Winchester .45 ACP FMJ so cheap I won't mention the price because I don't want to make anyone cry.

It sounds like SG is doing shady things, but at this point I don't think the high prices are price gouging. It's supply and demand. Sellers are fighting just to get inventory from the ammo manufacturer. Components up and down the supply chain are hard to get and more expensive. I doubt SG is getting ammo at the same cost today that they were two years ago and just marking it up to 70 cents per round.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Why do you think that you are entitled to a price that does not reflect current market conditions? If a business pays $0.50 a round wholesale, how do you think that they would be able to sell it to you for $0.24 a round because you think that anything more is "gouging?" Nobody with any sense of what's currently going on is going to have hard feelings towards businesses that have always dealt fairly with their customers.

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    Why do you think that you are entitled to a price that does not reflect current market conditions? If a business pays $0.50 a round wholesale, how do you think that they would be able to sell it to you for $0.24 a round because you think that anything more is "gouging?" Nobody with any sense of what's currently going on is going to have hard feelings towards businesses that have always dealt fairly with their customers.

What makes you think I feel entitled to pay below market prices?

Just because I say I don't think I'll pay .70/rd doesn't mean I think I'm entitled to pay below market value. It means I have plenty in reserve because I had the foresight to buy cartridges and components for reloading when prices were lower. A lot lower.

I don't know what SG paid for this ammo. I do know it took me about 2 minutes online to find to find 1,000 rds of US manufacture 5.56 for substantially less.

As for how people feel about things, feelings are by their nature irrational. I have no doubt some people will pay what they must to get what they need to protect themselves and their families. That doesn't mean they won't feel aggrieved if they think they're paying too much without regard to market conditions.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What makes you think I feel entitled to pay below market prices?

Your statement about people having hard feelings about a company charging market rate for product.

I don't know what SG paid for this ammo. I do know it took me about 2 minutes online to find to find 1,000 rds of US manufacture 5.56 for substantially less.

Where? Because I sure as hell ain't seeing it. Not in 2 minutes, anyway. Now if I sat at the computer all day and constantly refreshed my browser, then maybe...

Tell you what. Find me a link for American made 5.56 NATO at $0.25 a round and I'll buy 1000 rounds right now and GIVE you 250 rounds for your trouble.

As for how people feel about things, feelings are by their nature irrational. I have no doubt some people will pay what they must to get what they need to protect themselves and their families. That doesn't mean they won't feel aggrieved if they think they're paying too much without regard to market conditions.

And they'll forget all about it when (IF) prices come back down. How do you think Cheaper Than Dirt stays in business?

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    Where? Because I sure as hell ain't seeing it. Not in 2 minutes, anyway. Now if I sat at the computer all day and constantly refreshed my browser, then maybe...

Tell you what. Find me a link for American made 5.56 NATO at $0.25 a round and I'll buy 1000 rounds right now and GIVE you 250 rounds for your trouble.

I didn't say I found 1,000 rds for .25 a round, I said I found it for substantially less than .70 a rd. All I did was look for 5.56 on Ammoseek. In my opinion, .58 a round for 1,000 rds is substantially less, not to mention the difference between Americn manufacture and Serbian, but YMMV.

I just took a few seconds to check again and that offer is gone, no surprise. But there is still much cheaper American made ammo available.

Got to say you seem a bit antagonistic. I think you're reading me wrong here. I didn't mean to cause offense, not looking for an argument, just saying. If I'm reading you wrong, sorry.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Via Ammoseek:

Federal American Eagle Ammunition 5.56x45mm NATO 55 Grain XM193 Full Metal Jacket Box of 1000 Bulk

Our Price: [SUP]$[/SUP]579.99 ($0.58 per round)

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...ping&utm_source=ammo-seek&utm_campaign=930485

toohigh.jpg

Only a few will get this...

:):

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Top Bottom