• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    Stopped a couple times by IMPD and they were great about it. Told them it was IWB and they said just leave it there. One stop they even told me yeah I wouldn’t come out here without one either. Now Hendricks County unloaded it put it in my trunk and said don’t get it until I’m out of sight.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm curious what others have experienced when getting pulled over by any police agency but particularly the Indiana State Police.
    -Snip-
    This youngster asks if I know why he pulled me over, typical traffic stop questions. I talk with him then he asks, "you have a gun in the car?" Since I was directly asked and my hands are 10/2 on the wheel, I replied "yes"-not moving. The officer speedily unsnapped his holster, dropped his hips into shooting stance, put his hand on his gun, pointed at me with his other hand. Saw my phone "bulge" in my coat and yelled "IS THAT IT, IS THAT IT?", and continued yelling wanting to know where it was. I hadn't moved but lifted one hand up towards the headliner and pointed down at the console. He said "leave it there" and things started to settle down. Scared the hell out of me. (I couldn't find an emoji where he pisses himself.)
    -Snip-

Was it Trooper Daniel Organ? ;)
    If so, count yourself lucky.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    I've only been pulled over once by ISP, about a decade ago. I informed him that I was carrying (I'm not sure why I did that) but no he didn't draw down on me, didn't pull me out of the car, or even ask to see my gun or permit. He just told me to "leave everything where it is" and sent me on my way with a $25 seat belt ticket. What an a**hole! Times have changed though.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I haven’t been pulled over in a long time, over 20 years. That was a city cop and he was fine.

Let's see...last time for me was an Ohio State Trooper...ask where we were heading and I happily volunteered*, "We're going to Columbus to judge beer at the State Fair!"
    "Really? How do you get that job?"
    "Well, there's a three hour test, and lots of studying..."

Not completely sure if he believed me, but sent us on our way.

* Sorry Kirk, I just was so happy to get a good judging assignment that weekend, I had to open my baconhole.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I continue to urge silence.

I both urge and practice it.

I have been pulled over 4 or 5 times (that may be low) since I have had my LTCH (I have places to be) and have never been asked about a gun and have never volunteered it. About half of these were ISP, others were Porter County SD, and municipalities.

BTW- ticketed three times, 2 speeding (deferred and wiped) and one seat belt.....when I was actually speeding. I must have an honest face.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Never had an issue. I turn the car off, roll down windows, turn interior lights on, and hand him my ltch with my drivers license. First time I was pulled over and did that the officer handed it back and said “don’t show me yours I won’t show you mine”. I hope he was talking about his gun thinking back on it :n00b:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think for a lot of people (incl. myself), it's really hard to not answer a question with at least something. Even when the cash register at Shoe Carnival asks me, "What's you cell phone number?" I'm flustered... I don't want to give it to her, but grammatically, the question demands a proper format... :runaway:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think for a lot of people (incl. myself), it's really hard to not answer a question with at least something. Even when the cash register at Shoe Carnival asks me, "What's you cell phone number?" I'm flustered... I don't want to give it to her, but grammatically, the question demands a proper format... :runaway:

I usually answer with the near-nonsensical: "no thank you".

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I continue to urge silence.

Sensible advice when one is within the cozy confines of the state of Indiana.

Let's see...last time for me was an Ohio State Trooper...ask where we were heading and I happily volunteered*, "We're going to Columbus to judge beer at the State Fair!"
    "Really? How do you get that job?"
    "Well, there's a three hour test, and lots of studying..."

Not completely sure if he believed me, but sent us on our way.

* Sorry Kirk, I just was so happy to get a good judging assignment that weekend, I had to open my baconhole.

For those who may not be aware, Ohio is a "duty to inform" state, meaning during a non-voluntary interaction with a LEO, one is supposed to inform the officer if they are carrying a firearm. How early in the conversation this is supposed to happen has be the topic of some debate, and otherwise legal carriers have faced charges and/or curb stompings for not volunteering the info quickly enough for the officer's liking.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sensible advice when one is within the cozy confines of the state of Indiana.

For those who may not be aware, Ohio is a "duty to inform" state, meaning during a non-voluntary interaction with a LEO, one is supposed to inform the officer if they are carrying a firearm. How early in the conversation this is supposed to happen has be the topic of some debate, and otherwise legal carriers have faced charges and/or curb stompings for not volunteering the info quickly enough for the officer's liking.

As quick as possible.

Stick your head out the window and yell, "I got a gun!" to make sure the LEO knows right away. He'll thank you.

Top Bottom