• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I got pulled over doing 15 MPH over last year. Full camo, blood all over my pants, M&P9 OWB, AR cases and 50 cal cans all over the back of my van. Very professional and pleasant interaction and got a verbal warning. True story.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    The last time I was pulled over was over 20 yrs ago....... the cop asked for my license and ai handed him my DL and Carry Permit. He said no big deal..... asked for my registration and I informed him it was in the glovebox with a tokarev under it..... he said your fine go ahead and grab it. Ran my info and gave me a verbal warning. THEN asked me what’s a tokarev. I asked him if he would like to see it which he did..... explained a bit about them and their history etc...... we end d up crossing paths later on at a range where he was a member as well and he spent the day shooting a lot of my sniper rifles etc...... a good guy and a good cop!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've only been pulled over once by ISP, about a decade ago. I informed him that I was carrying (I'm not sure why I did that) but no he didn't draw down on me, didn't pull me out of the car, or even ask to see my gun or permit. He just told me to "leave everything where it is" and sent me on my way with a $25 seat belt ticket. What an a**hole! Times have changed though.
    Same exact scenario happened to me about 3-4 months ago. ISP, seatbelt. Wasn't any trouble.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As quick as possible.

Stick your head out the window and yell, "I got a gun!" to make sure the LEO knows right away. He'll thank you.
    Make sure you also wave the gun around outside the window while you verbalize the above. They like that honesty.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I continue to urge silence.

I think for a lot of people (incl. myself), it's really hard to not answer a question with at least something. Even when the cash register at Shoe Carnival asks me, "What's you cell phone number?" I'm flustered... I don't want to give it to her, but grammatically, the question demands a proper format... :runaway:
    ^This.
    I honestly had no idea we were not required to answer questions when asked. I guess I need to watch more of the "am I being detained" videos.
    Also, I think I'll just go ahead and print up some of your business cards myself.

Class Dismissed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2019
    West Lafayette
    Unsnapped his holster and dropped into a shooting stance?
    Others have danced around it but I won’t. I call :bs:

VUPD, just because it hasn't happened to you or that's not how you react, doesn't mean it didn't happen. You can say what you want but I'm telling you he did this. I did most of what has been recommended in these replies, was as nonthreatening as possible, opened all the windows including the one in the rear which comes down, kept hands visible. Kirk's recommendation is tough for me. If someone in LE asks me a question, I try to work with them with only the necessary facts. I absolutely agree with Kirk to not get 'chummy' and **** chat.

Point of me sharing this experience is to learn if something has changed across agencies telling them how to deal with a LTHC as a threat or was it just this one guy. It did happen, exactly as I posted. You don't believe it? That's ok. Trying to defend others in your profession, I get that. But don't lead others on the board to think this never happens or that type of reaction won't raise questions.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I usually keep my limo dark tinted windows rolled up tightly and only crack the drivers side slightly when the officer pulls up and I ask: "What man? What cha want?"

Driving a Camry (company car), I usually don't warrant a glance from, well, most anyone. Knock on wood, I have not yet been pulled over driving it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Unsnapped his holster and dropped into a shooting stance?

Others have danced around it but I won’t. I call :bs:

Officer Jim Reed endorses this technique.

1282269592_4.jpg

Top Bottom