• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    We sure have a lot of bad azzes on INGO!

Well, except DocGlock86.

Hey now I'm a bad azz. I'm a level 90 Pandaren Death Knight.

260px-MoP_-_Pandaren_model.png

:pimp:

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I would have drawn. Someone harmed me, I don't know if they intended more harm. If it was a punch to the face, those friggin' hurt! So yes, I would have unholstered.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Depends on the ability of the person assaulting me to inflict serious harm by his punches. There are some 140 lb dudes out there who can kill with their hands. Their are some 350 lb dudes out there who couldn't hurt a fly. You can't tell how dangerous someone is just by looking at them. But once they punch you, you'll have a much better idea.

If I feel I am in grave danger, I will draw.

Tranquillity308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    Martinsville
    I think it depends on disparity of force. In other words, you have to meet the threat with an equal or slightly larger amount of force. If the assailant was roughly the same size as you and you can handle yourself fairly well, that situation wouldn't warrant pulling a firearm. If the person looked like an NFL linebacker and was obviously larger than you and could overwhelm you in a fight, drawing a gun becomes more justified. Completely situational question with an infinite number of factors.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I did not read all of these replies, but am going to give my :twocents: after reading the article. First of, my reply is, "no", I would not draw a firearm if punched in the face. Getting your arse kicked and pulling a firearm to up the anty is not the right direction. If you are going to carry a firearm, you need to know how to use your hands and feet first. Followed up by pepper spray or a flashlight. Going from fists to a gun is not the right solution. In a situation such as this, one misbehaving in line at a popular store, a fight erupts, keep in mind of others on the scene. If gunfire were to break out, take into consideration of your target and beyond. Too much collateral damage and lawsuits to go around.

Take the strike/punch. You have plenty of witnesses to nail the scumbag who hit you. Be a man and suck it up. Let law enforcement deal with the offender. Hopefully, store cameras will also have video to back you up.

Escalating to deadly force for a minor combative scenario is a major mistake. And one too many of the younger generation are willing to take and gives them a one way ticket to the penitentiary.

Take your licks as they come. But train to be a better and well rounded fighter, defender and peacemaker.

AtlasDM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2012
    Just throwing it out there, drawing and pointing a weapon is NOT deadly force so if someone was assaulting you and you drew down in an effort to make them stop you haven't done any wrong. You can always re-holster.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I did not read all of these replies, but am going to give my :twocents: after reading the article. First of, my reply is, "no", I would not draw a firearm if punched in the face. Getting your arse kicked and pulling a firearm to up the anty is not the right direction. If you are going to carry a firearm, you need to know how to use your hands and feet first. Followed up by pepper spray or a flashlight. Going from fists to a gun is not the right solution. In a situation such as this, one misbehaving in line at a popular store, a fight erupts, keep in mind of others on the scene. If gunfire were to break out, take into consideration of your target and beyond. Too much collateral damage and lawsuits to go around.

Take the strike/punch. You have plenty of witnesses to nail the scumbag who hit you. Be a man and suck it up. Let law enforcement deal with the offender. Hopefully, store cameras will also have video to back you up.

Escalating to deadly force for a minor combative scenario is a major mistake. And one too many of the younger generation are willing to take and gives them a one way ticket to the penitentiary.

Take your licks as they come. But train to be a better and well rounded fighter, defender and peacemaker.

What if you can use a gun but you are not able defend yourself physically?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I am not a lawyer, but: Well, let's refer to INDIANA laws regarding the use of force (rather than disparity of this or bravado that): You can use force to prevent a felony, perform a citizen's arrest (in felonious situations, but not misdemeanors?), or to prevent unlawful intrusion into your home, curtilage or occupied motor vehicle. Indiana's laws on this here: Indiana Code 35-41-3

They use the term "reasonable" alot in the laws. Disparity of force, okay, maybe. But I see the laws are very well set and explained that reasonable becomes defined well enough.

Battery in Indiana, here: Indiana Code 35-42-2

Looks to be a class B misdemeanor, with few unlesses that jack it up. For it to become felonious, then you have to be slamming around a cop or attacking someone with a deadly weapon. Aggravated battery IS a Class B Felony.

Therefore, here is my more logical thinking on it: If they punch you in the face, then stop, they have committed a felony, therefore you can "arrest them" with display or threat of force. If they continue beating you, they are committing a felony, but you have to use "reasonable" force to prevent bodily injury.

But what do I know, I have a cartoon for an avatar... :D

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Me? Yes. What about someone with joint problems, muscle issues, severe arthritis, etc.......?

IMO, you don't draw your gun for a little ***** slap.

You draw your gun after there are repeated ***** slaps.

If you're on the ground, and the blows keep coming, then do what you have to do.

The first punch? No, that's not grounds to draw your gun.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom