• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    It would be awesome to light them up with a paintball gun, but I think it would be counterproductive. The people you are talking about are already showing tendencies towards poor impulse control, risk taking, and general lack of empathy.

Stay in the boat.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Set up high-def surveillance cameras properly positioned such that they're able to get easily identifiable images of the hoodlums, their cars, and their cars' plates.
    Turn in the footage in to the local authorities.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I wouldn't shoot anyone with a paintball gun... At least not their car. I do know a guy who shot at* some kids who were vandalizing his yard with one though. He said they never came back, but as someone stated, it may just cause unwanted retaliation. It would be very satisfying though! Being that the ones in question seem to be a bit older than some high school kids up to no good, I'd most certainly continue to involve police, and get some cameras (probably a good idea anyhow).

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Wow. I just talked with GPD. They are going to send out some patrols. We will see.

I asked him about people blocking the sidewalks and he said as of now that is no longer something that they consider to be illegal or wrong. He says it used to be that way. He says they're still a debate going on about it so I am trying to get the right information of who to contact he is supposed to email me that information once he receives it.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I will. I always thought it was against some law/ordinance to block the sidewalk. It's an epidemic around here though. Every 4 th house is blocking the sidewalk....including some LEOs...with their squad cars.

So make a complaint to the department. *****ing about it on INGO isn't going to solve the problem.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, how about speaking to your HOA, and having them (due to your issues) petition the city to install speed bumps. If shenanigans ensue, they'll either tear up their suspension, or slow down enough for someone to get a plate.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well, how about speaking to your HOA, and having them (due to your issues) petition the city to install speed bumps. If shenanigans ensue, they'll either tear up their suspension, or slow down enough for someone to get a plate.
    Force multiplier! HOA board will have at least one member who knows people on the city council or the speed bump people. Neighborhood have a Facebook page? A Neighborhood Watch? There are more people who don't like speeders, you just have to muster the forces.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Force multiplier! HOA board will have at least one member who knows people on the city council or the speed bump people. Neighborhood have a Facebook page? A Neighborhood Watch? There are more people who don't like speeders, you just have to muster the forces.

I learned very early that HOA's have plenty of power, lol.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had no idea that blocking a sidewalk was no longer an issue with LEO.
    Used to be a ticket offense and a tow off if lessons not learned.

Damn times have changed.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Had no idea that blocking a sidewalk was no longer an issue with LEO.
    Used to be a ticket offense and a tow off if lessons not learned.

Damn times have changed.

I write tickets for parking *on* the sidewalk. Parking in a driveway so that the car is blocking the right of way(?) of the sidewalk has to be specifically spelled out so it can be enforced. Parking in your own driveway is not parking on the sidewalk itself.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I write tickets for parking *on* the sidewalk. Parking in a driveway so that the car is blocking the right of way(?) of the sidewalk has to be specifically spelled out so it can be enforced. Parking in your own driveway is not parking on the sidewalk itself.

Then you would have a ball with my neighbor 2 doors south. They think the walk way is a parking lot/turn around.....:):

I was always taught to leave the walk open so people could....well, you know.....walk. Thought it was a regulation.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Then you would have a ball with my neighbor 2 doors south. They think the walk way is a parking lot/turn around.....:):

I was always taught to leave the walk open so people could....well, you know.....walk. Thought it was a regulation.

I'll look at the municipal parking code and see what it says. And I'll visit your neighbors next time I work.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll look at the municipal parking code and see what it says. And I'll visit your neighbors next time I work.

It has been hit or miss lately.
    They were all pissed off when one of the locals walked up and across the entire length of a car parked on the side walk. Hilarious actually.

This is the same house where the occasional gun fire comes from. A bit to much Corona and out comes the 40

Top Bottom