• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Down south the old timers would shoot at you with Rock Salt just for being on their property.
    I might have been shot at as a youth, TP'ing or as they say in the south "Rolling Yards"

I can guarantee you that no cop or judge would done anything to the old timers either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Down south the old timers would shoot at you with Rock Salt just for being on their property.
    I might have been shot at as a youth, TP'ing or as they say in the south "Rolling Yards"

I can guarantee you that no cop or judge would done anything to the old timers either.

There were some incidents with outhouse's being moved back a few feet after a rock salt incident.....Or not.

Yes, I am that old.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    OP, I would hold off on the paintball gun. Not only would the timid crowd love to string you up for it, but the miscreants might be real criminals, and escalation is a bad thing. They might have no hesitation retaliating by keying your car or throwing rocks through your windows.

Churchmouse, I don't want to tell you how to live, but it sounds like time to move, IMO!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OP, I would hold off on the paintball gun. Not only would the timid crowd love to string you up for it, but the miscreants might be real criminals, and escalation is a bad thing. They might have no hesitation retaliating by keying your car or throwing rocks through your windows.

Churchmouse, I don't want to tell you how to live, but it sounds like time to move, IMO!

Meh......grew up here. To set in to move. Used to the idiots. It has actually calmed way down around here.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    OP: does the city plow your roads or does the HOA have a contractor come and do it?

It MAY be the case that the city isn't needed for the installation of speed bumps.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    The city plows. So meh. I've got to contact the city counsel about blocking sideWALKs. I got the cameras. Gotta install them this weekend.

It stinks that there is not much the cops can really do. If they don't catch the guy speeding red handed, what can they do? All the while this punk is threatening lives.

I will also bring up the speed bump idea to the city counsel.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    To update:

I emailed the city council's legal department who forwarded my concerns about blocking sidewalks on to the police chief and four council members. I have already had two councilmembers respond that it is just common sense to not block sidewalks and they were unaware that it was not against the law. We will see if they will actually do anything about it.

Then comes enforcement. I know the mayor of Greenwood wants $$ so maybe a fine would work.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I'll look at the municipal parking code and see what it says. And I'll visit your neighbors next time I work.

Found it, but it is clear as mud.

Sec. 621-106. - Obstruction of sidewalks, grassplots, crosswalks or other public places.

(a)
    It shall be unlawful for any person to park or stop any motor vehicle or to permit such vehicle to be parked or to stand upon any sidewalk, grassplot or crosswalk, or on, in or upon any public right-of-way area between the curbline of any public street, highway or alley and the adjacent property line.

dooshie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Indy
    lol u want to get there attention buy some fresh paintballs and freeze them .... lol then shot them ... and and ohya crank up psi... ,lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Found it, but it is clear as mud.

Sec. 621-106. - Obstruction of sidewalks, grassplots, crosswalks or other public places.

(a)
    It shall be unlawful for any person to park or stop any motor vehicle or to permit such vehicle to be parked or to stand upon any sidewalk, grassplot or crosswalk, or on, in or upon any public right-of-way area between the curbline of any public street, highway or alley and the adjacent property line.

There was a time when tickets were issued if you parked on the grass between the street and sidewalk. They say (and are correct) that it blocks the view of oncoming traffic when backing out of the driveway.
    I polity asked my immediate neighbor to the south to move his service truck as we could not see when leaving the drive. He complied with no issue. Good enough guy.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    There was a time when tickets were issued if you parked on the grass between the street and sidewalk. They say (and are correct) that it blocks the view of oncoming traffic when backing out of the driveway.
    I polity asked my immediate neighbor to the south to move his service truck as we could not see when leaving the drive. He complied with no issue. Good enough guy.

I just drove by and all their cars are in the driveway. The next house south though, I'll get the SUV sometime tonight.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It's sure tempting sometimes to want to shoot something less-lethal at miscreants. The only thing we should actually be shooting in these cases is pictures.

I'd address the idea of speed bumps, but in the meantime, there's always:

[video=youtube;GNGBcT3twKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNGBcT3twKo[/video]

Or a little less involved deployment:

[video=youtube;MRT-s7wpG6o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRT-s7wpG6o[/video]

I might or might not be serious about the latter two suggestions. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Where I live if there is grass there it's not allowed, put down some gravel and it's fine. Parking/driving vehicles on "lawns" is not permitted.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    How about a handfull of screws and nails in the street when they are racing up and down?

Then go over the spot with a magnetic floor sweeper from Home Depot.

Top Bottom