• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If you aim at them and shoot a paintball gun at them don't be mad if they shoot you with a real gun and not be charged. Who could tell if it was a real gun or not while your driving also actualy having impacts to your car could make them think your shooting at them for real.
    I wouldn't risk it. Lots of dumb people have lots of dumb ideas, even some dumb people go to churches too

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I will. I always thought it was against some law/ordinance to block the sidewalk. It's an epidemic around here though. Every 4 th house is blocking the sidewalk....including some LEOs...with their squad cars.
    I wonder if one of them is the one I saw with his squad car blocking the sidewalk and his motorcycle parked ON the sidewalk!? (Does he have a snow plow in the driveway too?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The city plows. So meh. I've got to contact the city counsel about blocking sideWALKs. I got the cameras. Gotta install them this weekend.

It stinks that there is not much the cops can really do. If they don't catch the guy speeding red handed, what can they do? All the while this punk is threatening lives.

I will also bring up the speed bump idea to the city counsel.
    Are you sure? I know for a fact the city doesn't plow the villages at the Pines.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Did you make a complaint to GPD about it, or only to the IPCB (INGO Police Complaint Board)?

I think I saw upthread that GPD is cool with cars blocking sidewalks now, not enforcing any ordinance (if one even exists) against it. :dunno:

If I'm remembering correctly, I would say that the IPCB is the only place left to verbalize objection to a policy in place. What is it they say? "You can't fight City Hall."?

And IMHO, I'm thinking that at least THIS complaint has some merit to it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I think I saw upthread that GPD is cool with cars blocking sidewalks now, not enforcing any ordinance (if one even exists) against it. :dunno:

If I'm remembering correctly, I would say that the IPCB is the only place left to verbalize objection to a policy in place. What is it they say? "You can't fight City Hall."?

And IMHO, I'm thinking that at least THIS complaint has some merit to it.

Blessings,
    Bill

If GPD isn't going to enforce it on the public, there's no point in complaining about GPD officers doing it. But no matter who the violator is, it should be enforced.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Well I received an email back from Krista Taggart, the Greenwood City Counsel's attorney. They looked into it and she said while it is not prohibited by local ordinance it is against a state ordinance and the police dept has been made aware of my concern.

I asked what the police would do about it and they've yet to respond back.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    Not long ago, we had a truck speeding through the neighborhood (not on my street). What I believe happened is that a homeowner threw a rock at the truck, which the driver called the cops, and got the homeowner arrested for it. The driver looked like a total d-bag. I saw the arrest happen near my house. Yes, the homeowner should have called the cops, however, I bet the cops would have never responded and/or caught the guy... (As I once called the cops for a similar thing and they had little interest.)

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    WTB: Paintball gun. will pay cash. will not sign bill of sale.

Um, posting for a friend.

WTS: Paintball gun, must pay cash. No bill of sale needed.

. I don't even own a paintball gun lol.
    See above. lol
    So make a complaint to the department. *****ing about it on INGO isn't going to solve the problem.

Sometimes, you gotta make waves in your own group to make sure you're doing the right thing. You should know this, Frank. :p
    Why do you hate liberty?
    Reported.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You know, I'm not sure. My wife says the city plows it.

Bear in mind its hard to judge who is actually doing the plowing. Just because it is a private truck doesnt mean its not the city. Our hood is covered by a private contract, paid for by the city. City trucks stick to the main roads, neighborhoods are handled by contractors.

Top Bottom