• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    When I retire, I WILL HAVE A DOG. Until then I can't. I envy you guys with dogs.

However, I am building a cabin on my Sister's property and will get to enjoy her dogs, a Pit Bull and a Mixed Breed.

Every now and then I put red lipstick on the Pit and take her out for the evening. Nothing like lipstiick on a Pit Bull to make them sooo kissable. MO.

With my "girlfriend" with me no one even cares if I open carry or not.

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    the mom

here is a pic of the mom (Kia)

714ok7.jpg

wv6fsj.jpg

also heard today that a puppy from her last litter (she WILL get fixed this time!) now weighs 65 pounds and only about 9 months old. These may be part bear!:dunno:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Well this morning at 10:00 am or so Mosin(our puppy)decided he was super man.He tried a leap of 3ft or so,and when he hit the ground he cried and screamed in pain.He continued and I picked him up not knowing what he had done....he stopped crying in a few minutes.But when I set him down he would not walk.Seemed he really hurt on of his front left leg.If you touched it he cried. So being Sunday...and thinking great super dog just broke his tiny little leg.Off to the er puppy hospital. Well it was just a sprain. I remember someone posting about no such thing as a free dog....I definatly agree :)
    The good news.He is fine and just as playful as ever...20 minutes after we get back from the vet of course :dunno:

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Glad to hear Mosin is ok. It's been said that the school of hard knocks is the best teacher.......

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    9 month old puppy

here is a pic of the 9 month old 65lb puppy from the last litter. He is very intimidating when you first see him! The last pic is of the same dog when he was a puppy. looks alot like the puppies from this litter. just to give u all an idea of what ur pup might look like!

1zv7lev.jpg

notice the chow tounge
    2d1l5d0.jpg

2m7b2w9.jpg

he still has a little of his blue eyes!
    2iadan8.jpg

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Hats off to Mike..... :yesway:

My wife just got Luka home from his first vet appointment. Vet says he's in perfect shape, and no parasites of any kind.

6 weeks and over 9 pounds.....

Good to be associated with folks who know how to take care of their four-legged friends. :thumbsup:

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Ok, question.........

The Vet we have had for years, says the puppy shots will be given over 14 months, every three weeks. Seems like a lot of little shots, as opposed to a couple of larger shots ??

Opinions...... similar Vet protocols ?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Ok, question.........

The Vet we have had for years, says the puppy shots will be given over 14 months, every three weeks. Seems like a lot of little shots, as opposed to a couple of larger shots ??

Our vet is giving first shots next week.Then the rest at 6 months.This is how all my dogs have been getting there shots.
    On a side note Mosin is a good 80% on his way to knowing "sit". Each time I feed her I hold some food in my hand,let her eat a little then say "sit". If she does she gets some more.Then I move away.And say "come"...then sit.She is doing well :)

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Ok, question.........

Are you sure you understood her right? Every 3 weeks for 14 months? You should only have to take a pup in for shots a couple of times... maybe 3... the first year.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Ok, gotta confess...... wife says she wrote it down wrong. Supposed to be every three weeks up to 16 WEEKS, not months.... that sounds more reasonable....... ;)

Top Bottom