• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm not, nor have I ever been a drug dealer, but ~2 ounces of pot and 63 Lortabs is hardly "all that." That could easily be hidden in a small shoe box. That idiot was probably dealing out of his dorm room though.

"All that" in reference to the multiple items that are WAY against the rules of living in the dorms, not the fact that is was only 2 ounces.

This kid was 19. I'm guessing there is no way he could keep his mouth shut about what he had, whether he was dealing or not. Someone probably caught wind and ratted him out. Once residence hall staff has suspicion they are basically free to do a search of the room.

The ambulance I work on in stationed in WL. It's rather common to have students admit to regular marijuana use, more so then in the past it seems. I'm not so sure that use is going up, but more students are willing to freely admit they are using. Ecstasy and Ritalin are probably the next two most common used/abused drugs.

Regardless, this kids college career at Purdue is over. Those 10 charges are going to keep him busy for quite some time. Maybe with any luck the Tippecanoe County Drug Task Force will be able to flip him to lead to more arrests.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Shades of the past

they didn't while I was there, but its been 12 years.

probably an RA or student tipped them off. They have a tendancy to take it pretty seriously since one of my gun owning drug dealing floor mates decided to shoot our RA in the head.

You were there too, huh?

I remember walking to class that day and seeing the SWAT team stacked up at the door to Wiley Hall. It was indeed a tragedy.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    You were there too, huh?

I remember walking to class that day and seeing the SWAT team stacked up at the door to Wiley Hall. It was indeed a tragedy.

yeah, I was in my room 4 or 5 doors down when it happened. Interesting day to say the least.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    Would not be illegal as you give them permission when you sign up to live there. I know a few people who paid for their educations via street pharmacy who are now working a normal job and doing well.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Would not be illegal as you give them permission when you sign up to live there. I know a few people who paid for their educations via street pharmacy who are now working a normal job and doing well.

Hmmmmm.....not sure I agree with that. For the same reason they can't test ALL HS kids for drugs, but they can athletes. Athletics is purely voluntary participation. School isn't. But I could see college as being considered voluntary. It would have to be part of a signed agreement however, same is true of HS athletes. Reason io know is that the "random" drug tests aren't so random. My kid got to pee in a cup 6 times last year......while the vast majority of athletes never got called down. The ones that get called down repeatedly? They have good grades, not likely to be drug users. Go figure.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I worked at Tarkington Hall for a few years, a few years back. No searches, but we (building services) made routine walks through the dorms at night just to keep up a presence in the students eyes.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Student arrested for possession of marijuana and weapons - Purdue Exponent: City

Student was found with multiple drugs and a pistol in his dorm room. Joy... Just another stellar example of a gun owner... sigh :noway:

We don't seperate person as a gun owner because he has now been linked to dealing marihauna. He has made that decision by himself. Nobody twisted his arm, it's called free will. Yes he is a gun owner but as an officer I don't point my finger and group him with law abiding gun owners.

Since I have been associated with this site, the one thing I have learned that most everyone is here to protect their right to carry and ensure that same right for their children. They are here to learn more about the laws that represent their rights. This guy had a weapon to protect himself from those who wanted his cash cow. The people here have bonded together here promote gun safety, enjoy the sport and want to protect themselves from those who wish to harm us. I don't associate anyone with dealing just because they carry a weapon. Face it, we are all in this boat together. I've met some unique people here and am happy about it.

I would be realtively sure that when he walked into his dorm room with the weapon and weed ne knew it was wrong and he could get caught. He knew that he could serve some time and that he wepon could be confiscated.

Last edited:

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    Nevermind the dope and gun...that SOB had Chinese Throwing Stars.:xmad:
    This guy has no right to live in decent, law abiding society. Period.

Hang Him...Hang Him High!!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    We don't seperate person as a gun owner because he has now been linked to dealing marihauna. He has made that decision by himself. Nobody twisted his arm, it's called free will. Yes he is a gun owner but as an officer I don't point my finger and group him with law abiding gun owners.

Since I have been associated with this site, the one thing I have learned that most everyone is here to protect their right to carry and ensure that same right for their children. They are here to learn more about the laws that represent their rights. This guy had a weapon to protect himself from those who wanted his cash cow. The people here have bonded together here promote gun safety, enjoy the sport and want to protect themselves from those who wish to harm us. I don't associate anyone with dealing just because they carry a weapon. Face it, we are all in this boat together. I've met some unique people here and am happy about it.

I would be realtively sure that when he walked into his dorm room with the weapon and weed ne knew it was wrong and he coukd get caught. He knew that he could serve some time and that he wepon could be confiscated.

Well said. Put another way, "easy come, easy go". IOW, he didn't care about losing the RKBA because he had nothing invested in it. The rest of us care about it because we had to do something to be allowed to exercise it. There is something to be said for that; we value what we have to work to achieve, which is probably why those who followed our Founders didn't value their freedom as highly as their forebears.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Nevermind the dope and gun...that SOB had Chinese Throwing Stars.:xmad:
    This guy has no right to live in decent, law abiding society. Period.

Hang Him...Hang Him High!!

Are you serious? Chinese throwing stars? Big freakin deal. I don't see what all the huff and puff is about. Marijuana should be legalized. Flame away. :cool:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What year did that happen, I was in Wiley in 88-90. I don't remember ever hearing about a shooting at PU

I can't remember exactly, pretty sure it was fall '94 or spring '95. The shooter took out the RA, then went back to his room and finished himself off. No one knew he was dead so the Police took hours before they went in, using tear gas.

I believe there's a monument to the RA in the middle of Cary Quad or somewhere.

Top Bottom