• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Don't get me wrong, I loved it. If we're ever lucky enough to be invited back, I'd do it again. Still, gotta point out that its a little more ideal for you than it was for some of us, but only because of distance traveled.

I'm hoping for a shooting event closer to Indy one of these days. I've actually been keeping my eyes and ears open for an appropriate location. Kinda leaning towards private property rather than a formal range because it seems most places near town don't allow center-fire rifles. Just haven't seen or heard of anything yet.

All that being said, I'm so glad for the opportunity to get together with a bunch of great people for some great times! :yesway:

:+1: but really I don't mind driving at all. But I understand the point. I just don't know of ANYWHERE around Indy that would be that open. :dunno:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    The head count I had was 52. I believe that we could of easily had 100 shooters there and not have a problem.

Did anyone ever range the long target? I was thinking it was 300 to 350 yards.

I hit it once out of 8 rounds with my M1 and called it good. :)

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    Don't get me wrong, I loved it. If we're ever lucky enough to be invited back, I'd do it again. Still, gotta point out that its a little more ideal for you than it was for some of us, but only because of distance traveled.

I'm hoping for a shooting event closer to Indy one of these days. I've actually been keeping my eyes and ears open for an appropriate location. Kinda leaning towards private property rather than a formal range because it seems most places near town don't allow center-fire rifles. Just haven't seen or heard of anything yet.

All that being said, I'm so glad for the opportunity to get together with a bunch of great people for some great times! :yesway:

By ideal I was referring to the lay of the land. Good safe shooting. I totally hear you on the distance. Us southerners had it made this time. It was the primary reason I did not make PW2. It was great that you guys made it down though. I would be up for a trip to Indy.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    What a great pic.

2010-11-060011433.jpg

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    The head count I had was 52. I believe that we could of easily had 100 shooters there and not have a problem.

Did anyone ever range the long target? I was thinking it was 300 to 350 yards.

I hit it once out of 8 rounds with my M1 and called it good. :)
    someone had a rangefinder. After it was checked I kept hearing it was around 400 but I still think it was closer to 300

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    The quoted image barely does the whole place justice. It was AMAZING. I'd drive there again tomorrow if I were invited back! (well maybe not tomorrow) but seriously though, it was amazing.

I cannot say enough nice things about yesterdays event.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    The quoted image barely does the whole place justice. It was AMAZING. I'd drive there again tomorrow if I were invited back! (well maybe not tomorrow) but seriously though, it was amazing.

I cannot say enough nice things about yesterdays event.

He means he would ride back tomorrow, Kimmi drove him to my place and home from my place, and I drove down and back:D

I would DRIVE down next week to shoot there again

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Everybody is changing their avatars to pics from yesterday.... I'll probably have to do the same *sigh*

If you change yours my boys wouldnt yell out Princess peach and Luigi ever time they look over my shoulder and see it.:D

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Everybody is changing their avatars to pics from yesterday.... I'll probably have to do the same *sigh*

I'm not, I look fat in all the pics of me, I'm fat but I just don't want to see it, rather look at my avatar:D

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    MOAR VIDEOS!

(I have to change settings, so they WILL work, just give me a second)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf_IFcQKekA]YouTube - Ironjaw Thompson[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDUNAc5OVOc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-KcqT7gS-8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYoHDpi1zVw[/ame]

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    someone had a rangefinder. After it was checked I kept hearing it was around 400 but I still think it was closer to 300

I had my SKS set up for the 300 yard setting and was hitting low. After I put it on the 400 I was hitting it so I just assumed it was 400yrds. :dunno:

Ryan hit it a couple of times with my M44 :yesway:

That thing is SWEET! I gotta get one now. They really ARE addicting!

Was he sitting in his Sponge BOB Chair?

I KNOW someone gotta pic of that! Where's it at?!?!?! They promised to post it and it's not here! :tantrum:

:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom