Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    You are right Doc. This is in England.
    swindon-complicated-roundabout-funny-hilarious-humor-500x351.jpg

Here are the instructions.
    magicsign.jpg
    So... do you need to be a magician to successfully navigate the magic roundabout? I suppose in heavy traffic it could be a death defying magic trick to successfully escape it.

Like this?
    roundjamweb1.jpg
    AHHHHHHHH! :nailbite::runaway::scared:
    Where is this so I can make sure I never go near it?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I remember when they put the first one in Kokomo. The center was grass....

...with a lot of tire tracks through it!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I have two comments about RAB's. Some have plantings that obscure the view as you approach (Carmel). Pretty, but dumb.

What is the purpose of the yellow border on a small inner part of the circle. Don't park there? Don't drive there? No loitering?

Been on them in Europe and Boston many years ago.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I have two comments about RAB's. Some have plantings that obscure the view as you approach (Carmel). Pretty, but dumb.

If you're talking about the stuff in the middle - it is intentionally done to focus people on what's coming from their left. Across from you doesn't matter.

There are a couple (I'm thinking on the west side, but there might be a couple on the east side) where there are brick walls or trees that come up on the left. In those cases, the right of way only went so far. The sight lines are less than ideal, but people should slow down to make sure no other traffic is coming.

As for the yellow line - I think there's an INDOT standard for street painting that says both sides need a stripe. Rules.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I really, really, REALLY wanted to take the horse trailer through the 3 consecutive roundabouts on 400 N in Valpo last night on the way home from the fairgrounds, but my daughter claimed the horses would get sick.
    I was there last night too. We just went down Division though. :):

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    The one around the Arc de Triumph in Paris is one of the wildest I have been through. We usually go get beers and watch the accidents or people get pegged on scooters. Locally, I have seen no less than half a dozen blue hairs go through the same RAB the wrong way in Plainfield.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

What is the purpose of the yellow border on a small inner part of the circle. Don't park there? Don't drive there? No loitering?

Been on them in Europe and Boston many years ago.

High visibility. Conventional wisdom is that the yellow line should be on your left. Therefore, it's easier to navigate at night and with precipitation.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Actually, depending what you're driving, it can matter a whole hellofalot what's coming from the other side. Bus doesn't take off like a car, and clear to the left, I could get far enough out for something to come from the other side and hit me, but a whole long way from clear. Some of those plantings are tall enough you can't see over them with a bus. I'm not cool with denial of information like that; let me determine my own focus. The nannies may be surprised I'm actually competent to do so.

Top Bottom