• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    But wait... Price is irrelevant.... Lol...
    When I bought most of ours they were around 1,100 bucks with standard AA or AA+ wood. My cousins are Cooper dealers and that made it a bit easier. My oldest cousin and Dan Cooper are long time hiking/hunting buddies. When Dan owned the company if you ordered a rifle to be delivered about a year later and could be used in that stores Cooper weekend for customers to finger, he would give you a very good wood upgrade for free.
    I used that option every year it was offered. Every Cooper I have bought, have been amazing shooters...

Thing I hated about my two Coopers was the safety didn't lock the bolt down. That western classic was a pretty gun though.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Thing I hated about my two Coopers was the safety didn't lock the bolt down. That western classic was a pretty gun though.

They are truly a beautiful rifle.
    Most of ours I bought are Montana Varminters, about half are the little model 38 actions from 17 CCM and Squirrel up to 221 Fireball. Lots of ours are now out of production...

rala

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Evansville
    I got a Lithgow LA101 this year. They are crossover models. Good for the bench and field with a laminate stock. Solid guns and very accurate. Take CZ mags.Only issue is the are made in Australia, so they are few and far between.

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    If you could find a Remington 541S, you would be happy. Good trigger and fantastic accuracy. I have CZ's with match barrels, 10/22's with match barrels but the Remington always outshoots them all. well under an inch for 5 shots at 100 yards with match ammo.

Ethanalpha

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2018
    Jeffersonville
    I have an early generation Savage Mark 2 with a heavy fluted barrel and a green synthetic stock. It shoots amazingly well for the price, and it’s really light. I tried about 10 different kinds of ammo, and with a 20 power scope shot a ragged hole at 100 yards. Less than a dime size.

Top Bottom