• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I thought it was to make yourself a super secret ninja of death.

It's a hard choice between "super secret ninja of death" and "victim". Apparently concealed carry means both.

Open carry is the only responsible choice unless you want to be a victim. Operator is the opposite of victim. Therefore, open carry.

On the plus side, no one ever screws with someone wearing a gun in view, and your quick draw is enhanced. On the down side, you're the first target. Soft targets can always be dealt with. Shoot the guy with the visible gun first before he shoots you.

numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville
    Back to the original thoughts on this post ....
    I have thought about this most of the week and I am still of two minds here. Lacking the expertise and experience of Mr. Freeman it's harder to see the harm in just being compliant and handing over info and just moving on. I however have not been hassled or abused by police and have only dealt with mostly professional and courteous officers. The first part of that is not having dealt with police much at all in my short life.
    I understand I won't get a cookie for being nice and cooperative but on the other side we don't get a cookie for being aware of our rights and answering the fewest amount of questions.

In my limited experience it seems like we should be able too kind of play this by ear. Police are people to and some of them are going to be unreasonable and out to hassle people. The ones I've dealt with are just doing a job.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I have thought about this most of the week and I am still of two minds here. Lacking the expertise and experience of Mr. Freeman it's harder to see the harm in just being compliant and handing over info and just moving on. I however have not been hassled or abused by police and have only dealt with mostly professional and courteous officers. The first part of that is not having dealt with police much at all in my short life.
    I understand I won't get a cookie for being nice and cooperative but on the other side we don't get a cookie for being aware of our rights and answering the fewest amount of questions.

In my limited experience it seems like we should be able too kind of play this by ear. Police are people to and some of them are going to be unreasonable and out to hassle people. The ones I've dealt with are just doing a job.

If an officer operates within the limits of their delegated authority and job, politely but assertively maintaining all of my rights (rather than waiving them just to be compliant with their wishes) won't escalate things. They can conclude their business within that scope and move along.

I can supply my own cookies, not looking for any prizes. ;)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

You have the right to not remain silent. Whenever you talk freely you run the risk of saying something stupid. I know you never would but it happens all of the time.

The Supreme Court has determined that the police have the authority to lie to you. The law says that you can not lie to a federal officer. That does not go for State and local officers.

You would never lie to an officer, I know, I know In an interrogation you may say something that has nothing to do with the matter at hand. Ask Scooter Libbey, Martha Stewart, Paul Manafort and many others.

There is a thread for that.

An OC Guide to Protecting Your Rights: What to do when LEO stops you

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I actually Park in the parking lot of the Chinese Restaurant across the street when i "need" to go to the PO. Once in the last couple of years.

Franks post was surprising.

Top Bottom