80e6a26fc0289b65d733034045c594be176d208fa2e03de5bfb0d7cd6b406e28.jpg.cf.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Haha! I'm still learning what is controversial and surprised at what can quickly become so!

INGO is synonymous with controversy.

The thing is that there are ongoing threads on many subjects. When a new thread wanders into those areas, we try to redirect you there. It is not that we do not want to discuss those things. We do like to keep things clean, running in one direction.

Sometimes a thread runs off the rails as this one has, we will run every rabbit to death and fill it with malarkey and sarcasm.

PistolPastor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Munster
    INGO is synonymous with controversy.

The thing is that there are ongoing threads on many subjects. When a new thread wanders into those areas, we try to redirect you there. It is not that we do not want to discuss those things. We do like to keep things clean, running in one direction.

Sometimes a thread runs off the rails as this one has, we will run every rabbit to death and fill it with malarkey and sarcasm.
    So what you’re saying is don’t start a thread about how I’m going open carry a .22 for self defense and not get a LTCH?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Wow, this little post with a silly question really took us on a journey there. I must say it's been fun.

I'm not going to further highjack my own thread but I feel compelled to share my thoughts on oc vs cc

I don't want to jump into that thread bc I may never get out. I only openly oc when out hiking the woods or camping or hunting. I try to cc mostly bc I don't like the looks and stares. That being said I'm kinda a small framed guy and I prefer to carry my 1911 which is a bit ifs full framed gun, so often you can see the muzzle poking out from my shirt or how my shirt oddly hangs over it.

As for the debate about who gets shot first or looks cooler yadda yadda. I don't really care. I say carry however makes your feel comfortable and safe.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You would be surprised how few looks and stares you would get OC'ing. The vast majority of people are oblivious. Of the few that notice something on your belt, most probably assume it is a cell phone.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Personally, I think that the easiest way to carry legally is to get permission from all of the landowners you might ever visit, keep the written permission documents in a book you carry, and stay off the streets.

Top Bottom