• Do you carry or not, if yes how?

• Total voters

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    See Carry forum?

I will still answer though, just look harder next time. I carry a bit of both ways. I generally prefer OC, but I CC a lot because of my fiance's mom. If she was fine with it, I would probably be 100% OC. When I conceal its usually IWB. Normally at my 330-4 position, sometimes cross draw at the 1030ish position. Actually, either of those spots are my preferred regardless of carry method. Oh, and shoulder holster some. Not so much anymore, since I dont carry the gun the holster is custom made for much, and I dont want to stretch the holster using one of my others.

So when you marry her and her mother is stuck with you as a son-in-law, will you be OC only?

BTW, I am CC only. I also have no issue against OC, just not my cup of tea.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I think everyone should cc mainly cause of the element of surprise if the weapon is needed but there are many other reason to cc as well.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've concealed carried a S&W 686 and OC a Glock 27. I don't really care if I'd print while CC or if someone wets their pants because I'm OC'ing. I've got my lil pink paper and I know quite a few of the police the places I do carry and I already know that they don't care about how you carry if you're legal to carry.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The last several CC - OC polls usually hovered around 85% - 15% among those who carry.
    This one will probably skew from that based on the other choices.

I OC. I'll use every advantage I can get.

And no, I don't consider defensive surprise to be one.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You could have edited your pole by clicking on the "edit poll" on the top right side.

I CC most of the time, but I OC mostly on the weekend.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I voted CC because that's what I did the longest. But, it's probably about a 50/50 split for OC and CC.

It would have been interesting to see the results of a "Both" option.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    So when you marry her and her mother is stuck with you as a son-in-law, will you be OC only?

BTW, I am CC only. I also have no issue against OC, just not my cup of tea.

Actually, I probably will. At this time she doesnt know I carry, and she will over react. That is just how she is. I frankly dont care, but I dont want to put that stress on my fiance.

When we get married my fiance intends to get her LTCH, at which time we will force it upon her family that this how it is and they need to accept it. Once it is in the open, I dont see a need to conceal except at a couple specific places. If my new mother-in-law doesnt want to look at it, I just wont go over there. That is the most ideal situation since I cant stand the woman.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Once it is in the open, I dont see a need to conceal except at a couple specific places. If my new mother-in-law doesnt want to look at it, I just wont go over there. That is the most ideal situation since I cant stand the woman.

:D lol that must be the best reason to OC that I ever heard. :yesway:

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I have never felt the need to carry at all. As the economy drags and takes it's toll I reserve the right to change my mind. Desperate people do desperate things.

My wife has applied for her LTCH and I support that in every way.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yeah, pretty sure there's more than 9 open carriers here but they probably saw the poll and just thought AGNTSA. ;)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I checked concealed. That's what I USUALLY do. I do OC on occasion, but not very often.

I have good quality holsters, but none of them are really good for OC. I use a Galco Concealable for my Beretta, and a Kramer Scabbard for my HiPower, but they don't have thumb breaks, or any other retention device. They're made to conceal; hence I conceal.

Also, whenever I'm going to be in the office, I wear my SigTac leather jacket, that's made to carry a pistol.

For those unfamiliar with this type of jacket:

SIG Store

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I carry concealed, and have no plans to change that. I think there is something to be said for the element of surprise and tipping your hand only when you have decided you have to do so. Your mileage may vary.

Top Bottom