• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just had it out in the snow. I haven't had that much fun in a while. Too bad I had to let my boy play with it most of the time. He did ask me how to do donuts and I gladly showed him.

[video=youtube_share;7WtAAEE8rwc]http://youtu.be/7WtAAEE8rwc[/video]

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Some more pics.

1PWRcMF.jpg

Good thing all the electronics are sealed.

J56Fmpb.jpg

AO8WvJD.jpg

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I really need to get my Clod Buster out! These things are a hoot in the snow.

We use to set up ramps and jump them. I've exploded the rear diff gear in my Tamiya van more then once lol. I need a bunch of new batteries.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I really need to get my Clod Buster out! These things are a hoot in the snow.

We use to set up ramps and jump them. I've exploded the rear diff gear in my Tamiya van more then once lol. I need a bunch of new batteries.

Once we get a good base if snow down, I'll build a few jumps and whatever else I can think of.

I really want to buy one for myself.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    You will have a lot of fun competing against each other. It's a hoot. I have 3 gas trucks (2 are 4 wheel drive) and a couple electrics (1 4 wheel drive). I use to have a race track in the back. A real dirt oval track. It was a hoot. But it has over grown. It's been about 10 years since I have run back there. We had a blast.

My gas trucks haven't ran on a few years. Maybe I will get them out in the spring.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    And we've got our first broken part. The steering knuckle where the tie rod attaches snapped when my boy glanced that tire off of a tree.

kOtzmbq.jpg

But we had a great time. I also bought 2 more batteries to go with the dual HD charger my wife bought me too. Lots of play time ahead.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Bummer, but I have broken many parts too. You will learn what to keep around as spares. You also might find a improved aftermarket part with some research.

My buddy John has one of those Stampedes. They are nice trucks.

I need to get my trucks out. It has been a lot time.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Bummer, but I have broken many parts too. You will learn what to keep around as spares. You also might find a improved aftermarket part with some research.

My buddy John has one of those Stampedes. They are nice trucks.

I need to get my trucks out. It has been a lot time.

The stock replacement knuckles are $5 a pair. The aftermarket aluminum knuckles are between $25 to $35. I just might stock up on the stock ones.

He also bent the front kingpin to about 30 a degree bend!

I'll head up to the hobby shop in Granger tomorrow and see what they have. If not, I'll order them from Amazon.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    For replacement parts check out a brand called RPM they are well worth it. Some good places to look are amainhobbies.com towerhobbies.com and airagestore.com When I used to race those are who we used. Amain is probably the best.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Yes rpm for replacement parts that are "plastic'ish". Before my nephews learned to drive their pedes at NOT full throttle everywhere i went through alot of those damn things. Then i found that the aftermarket ones are made of a better , more bendy than breaky type of plastic. Also theirs a wide front bumper that u can buy that will soak up a ton of front impacts and save u some money in the long run. Nowadays the worst driver is their grandpa, and i make him buy any parts he breaks, heh.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We found a nice dirt parking lot with some nice big puddles today. Had a blast! Those monster trucks are tough to stop. We were tire deep and didn't get stuck.

I was taking a picture of my dirty truck and my boy came flying by and photobombed me. Cool pic!

c7IZLB5.jpg

Now I just have to figure out the best way to get the water out of the tires.

Last edited:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Now I just have to figure out the best way to get the water out of the tires.
    I know some people tape up the air hole in each tire to keep the water out in the first place, though I haven't tried this. I know this doesn't answer your question, but I thought I would throw it out there.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I know some people tape up the air hole in each tire to keep the water out in the first place, though I haven't tried this. I know this doesn't answer your question, but I thought I would throw it out there.

I have tried blocking the holes. The issue is the tire is actually part of the suspension. it comes down like a brick if the tires can not flatten out. I am getting the urge to get my stuff out now. I need to get some new fuel for the gas trucks and I am sure my batteries are not very good now on the electric ones. We use to have a lot of fun. I had a really nice dirt oval track laid out at one time but it has all over grown now.

I've got a couple 4 wheel drive Revo's and a Stampede that are gas. And my Tamiya Van (Vanessa's lunch wagon I think?) that is really modified. And a original Clod buster 4 wheel drive.

The Revo's are insane fast.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We've had lots of fun with our trucks. My son had a loose tooth so he wanted to pull it out with his truck. It worked great.

[video=youtube_share;5FMS_bKGzQQ]http://youtu.be/5FMS_bKGzQQ[/video]

We also spent about 4 hours at our local RC tracks. The indoor one is tough as the track is clay and a bit sticky for the tall trucks. He broke his truck 3 times.

The outside track is real tough. Probably about 10 or 12 feet of elevation change and lots of jumps. It was a blast......until he blew out a shock.

We bought everything there and got home and fixed it.

kISniKk.jpg

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We've had lots of fun with our trucks. My son had a loose tooth so he wanted to pull it out with his truck. It worked great.

[video=youtube_share;5FMS_bKGzQQ]http://youtu.be/5FMS_bKGzQQ[/video]

We also spent about 4 hours at our local RC tracks. The indoor one is tough as the track is clay and a bit sticky for the tall trucks. He broke his truck 3 times.

The outside track is real tough. Probably about 10 or 12 feet of elevation change and lots of jumps. It was a blast......until he blew out a shock.

We bought everything there and got home and fixed it.

kISniKk.jpg

Lol, that's pretty cool. You probably had too much fun going up with that idea.
    I haven't messed around with RC cars in a LONG time, but when I was in it, I was IN it. I knew all the best drivers, all the best tracks, and all the best cars. Back in the day the two best drivers were Joel "Magic" Johnson (driving a Kyosho Ultima) and Jay Halsey (driving an RC-10). Halsey gained some fame, as he was the guy who drove the R/C car in Clint Eastwood's movie "The Dead Pool."

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I've got a couple 4 wheel drive Revo's and a Stampede that are gas. And my Tamiya Van (Vanessa's lunch wagon I think?) that is really modified. And a original Clod buster 4 wheel drive.

The Revo's are insane fast.
    I've got a Revo that I'm converting to brushless. Slow process as it is not a high priority project, but I'll get there.

Top Bottom