• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Yesterday a tree fell in my backyard and I didn't hear it, but my dog did.
    Random thought overheard " A 147GR 9mm will put just as big a hole in you as a 45". Love is a strong word, but like TT I REALLY like Glocks too.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m with you brother TT! I don’t know what it is exactly about pistols that I love, but my guess is that it’s all aspects rolled into one item that epitomizes the greatness of our country.

If we were to ever add a firearm to our flag, it would be a handgun.

Handguns:
    Allow the weak to defend against the strong
    Are tangible proof of our liberty
    Are an amazing tool that controls the energy created by burning powder to allow it to be focused in a very specific direction.
    Bring families together in a disciplined sport that allows the young and old to compete on an even playing field
    Are working historical artifacts that can be just as effective today as they were 100 plus years ago
    Fit into a garage much better than a collection of old cars does
    Allow Americans to experience different philosophies in mechanical design and and manufacture from across the world and across history (who here has not held a Glock, 1911, Luger or CZ side by side and thought about the different minds that brought them all into being?).

I could go on and on...

There are 3 types of pistols that I truly love and each represents something different to me, but each will always have a place in the collection. Those are 1911 for their history and function, CZs for their intricacy and feel as possibly the most perfect handgun I’ve enjoyed and Glocks because of their simplicity, robust design and pure utility of function over form.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I saw that PB had a G19X for $569 and am thinking that I might have to give another 9mm Glock a try. Then I managed to talk myself back out of it. I’m slipping I think

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    Converting an old s-trap to a p-trap but can’t get the words “p” and “trap” from connecting other thoughts in my brain like, “why is there pee in my sink drain?”.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I am sleeping with my rifle tonight.

The pistol on the nightstand is watching.

I think its jealous.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    A couple of comments that might be beneficial to others, or at least they might be. Okay, upon further reflection... anyway...
    1. Today is sort of a double Monday... something to think about.
    b. I need more coffee
    c. Trash service is likely a day late now.
    4. Is it better to be a day late or a dollar short? Or do they always travel in pairs?
    5. Gordon could hit here on the weekend.
    f. Why aren’t there any gun shows up here any more?
    g. I like guns and I can not lie...
    h. I should take my bedside pistol, she never gets to get out and go...

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Speaking of squirrels...I've had one chewing on my house's wood siding for a while. I could never get the door open without scaring it off so a pellet rifle wasn't going to work.

I ordered a Havahart model 1083 trap and it was delivered this morning. What a WONDERFUL product!!! Within 10 minutes of opening the box I had the squirrel. Fantastic.

Here's how it went. Open box, familiarize myself with it's operation, grab the trap and an old can of peanuts for bait and open front door to find the squirrel there. This time the rodent only ran off 30' instead of disappearing in the trees and stayed put while I cracked open the screen door, retrieved a pellet rifle and shot the little bastard.:lmfao:

I'll keep the trap for good luck in case there is more than one problem squirrel.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm really hungry.

I haven't eaten lunch because I'm trying to find a buyer for my breakfast. I bought it, paid a fair price, but now I'm done with it and want to sell it before I buy another meal.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm really hungry.

I haven't eaten lunch because I'm trying to find a buyer for my breakfast. I bought it, paid a fair price, but now I'm done with it and want to sell it before I buy another meal.
    Was it a limited edition breakfast?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Speaking of squirrels...I've had one chewing on my house's wood siding for a while. I could never get the door open without scaring it off so a pellet rifle wasn't going to work.

I ordered a Havahart model 1083 trap and it was delivered this morning. What a WONDERFUL product!!! Within 10 minutes of opening the box I had the squirrel. Fantastic.

Here's how it went. Open box, familiarize myself with it's operation, grab the trap and an old can of peanuts for bait and open front door to find the squirrel there. This time the rodent only ran off 30' instead of disappearing in the trees and stayed put while I cracked open the screen door, retrieved a pellet rifle and shot the little bastard.:lmfao:

I'll keep the trap for good luck in case there is more than one problem squirrel.

Awesome.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm really hungry.

I've learned on :ingo: you shouldn't have purchased that product without thoroughly researching the return policy. Instead you should have purchased a breakfast you know you didn't want and that you were certain would not satisfy you but with a top notch, iron clad return policy.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Hi Point has one of the best return policies/warranties in the firearms industry. The only down side is that when they send it back, it's still a Hi Point. :(

Top Bottom