• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    So, first time I fired my Mosin, at an outdoor range, there was a gaggle of males shooting 22's without hearing protection when I arrived.

We were under a covered shooting line.

I had my ears on, and got my stuff ready. I told them twice, this is going to be really loud, you may want to put on some hearing protection.
    They blew me off. Ok then, I fired off 3 rounds rather quickly, and suddenly the gaggle was moving quickly and randomly trying to find earpro and yelling "What the heck is THAT?" :)

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    Where I shoot, the parking lot is very near to the firing lines. I put my ears on before even getting out of the car, and they stay that way until I get back to the car or when a clear has been called. I don't care if anybody's shooting something loud or quiet, I don't like to be caught unprotected in case somebody pulls out something that has a loud boom associated with it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, first time I fired my Mosin, at an outdoor range, there was a gaggle of males shooting 22's without hearing protection when I arrived.

We were under a covered shooting line.

I had my ears on, and got my stuff ready. I told them twice, this is going to be really loud, you may want to put on some hearing protection.
    They blew me off. Ok then, I fired off 3 rounds rather quickly, and suddenly the gaggle was moving quickly and randomly trying to find earpro and yelling "What the heck is THAT?" :)

It's so much fun, right? Especially if it's an M38 or M44.

As a shooter at a range, it's not my job to babysit others. It's a shooting range - if you're not smart enough to protect yourself, then that's solely your fault.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I take a little different approach. I keep extra disposable earplugs and scratched eye protection in my range bag. If I or my wife see someone not using one or the other, we'll offer them either. That usually starts things out on a good note. I can do without those spares. I only have one working ear, and would hate to see anyone else in that situation... or worse.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I wear glasses, so they are always on, but when I pull out to the outdoor range, I always put my ears on before stepping out. One might ask why, but if you do...you've obviously never experienced what it is like to step out of a car and greeted by a lot of gun fire going off at once and cowering back inside praying you don't have tinnitus

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Why do you care so much about what other people are doing? I could care less if someone doesn't want to wear ear or eye protection. If the range is hot, it's their problem. Now, if they're muzzle sweeping people and being dangerous to others, that's when I'm going to say something.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why do you care so much about what other people are doing? I could care less if someone doesn't want to wear ear or eye protection. If the range is hot, it's their problem. Now, if they're muzzle sweeping people and being dangerous to others, that's when I'm going to say something.

So you do at least care some, but could you care more?

[video=youtube;om7O0MFkmpw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw[/video]

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Didn't watch^^^

Would "I couldn't care less" be considered a double negative?

As Craig helpfully explained, it's not a double negative.
    The problem with so many people getting this common statement wrong by saying "could" where they should say "couldn't" is that they're in effect saying that they have a modicum of caring left to expend, while saying "couildn't" means that they are at the virtual rock bottom of caring on the issue at hand.
    When you say you could care less, you're saying that you still care, if but just a little bit.
    When you say you couldn't care less, you're saying that you're well beyond caring at all, a veritable dry well as it were.

Another personal pet peeve is how people get it wrong when talking about groups that include themselves, with one of two ways totally mangling the language with such an easily understood concept.
    The first one, used in an example sentence: "Me and Jim are going to the fair?"
    Really? So, let's just take good old Jim out of that sentence, and you sound like Tarzan now, i.e. "Me is going to the fair."
    The second one goes the other direction in this example: "This was for Jim and I."
    Really? So, take Jim out of that sentence, and it just sounds silly to even a first-grader, i.e. "This was for I."
    It's quite simple, really.
    If you're using the pronouns in the subjective form (i.e. those in the pronouns are performing the action in the sentence), the first example should be corrected like this: "Jim and I are going to the fair."
    If you're using the pronouns in the objective form (i.e. a noun other than the pronouns is performing the action in the sentence), the second example should be corrected like this: "This was for Jim and me."
    Thus endeth a lesson on a pet peeve with the English language.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Not blasting when somebody comes to the line without ear protection might be a little.....dare I say it.............polite.
    I know people get stupid, forget stuff or just space things for whatever reasons.

Didn't mind waiting a minute or two for dipstick to get the hint. But he and his buddy didn't. So eventually I said "hey, might want to put some muffs on, this one is loud".

Dunno if preoccupied, what was on their minds before the range trip.........or just clueless and or possibly rude.

Considering the vehicle, gear, and other.............I'm putting my money on just a couple of fat redneck A holes that don't care about anybody but themselves.

Even so, give the fools a chance to put ear protection on.

Err on the side of safety/polite.

You can always go on a forum and vent later ;)

Find it funny, all the gear, the shirts etc..................definitely playing the look...................you'd think they'd wear the damn muffs coming to the line.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Not blasting when somebody comes to the line without ear protection might be a little.....dare I say it.............polite.
    I know people get stupid, forget stuff or just space things for whatever reasons.

Didn't mind waiting a minute or two for dipstick to get the hint. But he and his buddy didn't. So eventually I said "hey, might want to put some muffs on, this one is loud".

Dunno if preoccupied, what was on their minds before the range trip.........or just clueless and or possibly rude.

Considering the vehicle, gear, and other.............I'm putting my money on just a couple of fat redneck A holes that don't care about anybody but themselves.

Even so, give the fools a chance to put ear protection on.

Err on the side of safety/polite.

You can always go on a forum and vent later ;)

Find it funny, all the gear, the shirts etc..................definitely playing the look...................you'd think they'd wear the damn muffs coming to the line.

What does the fact they're "fat" have to do with it?? Fat does not equate with being stupid!

*Not really pissed. Just feigning indignation. I mean, I am fat, but... Can't do purple on my phone.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :ingo: Well done gentlemen. I wouldn't have expected less.
    My job here is done.

Mr_Burns.png

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    What does the fact they're "fat" have to do with it?? Fat does not equate with being stupid!

*Not really pissed. Just feigning indignation. I mean, I am fat, but... Can't do purple on my phone.

Don't care about their ears, probably don't give a damn about their heart or diabetes either.
    Live for the mofuggin' moment y'all!

Top Bottom