• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Two guys are shooting together, sharing a lane next to me at an indoor range. One of them likes to stand behind his buddy to watch, leaning on the lane divider, straddling between his lane and mine.
    This puts him about 2 feet behind me. This bugs me. I don't like people hovering close behind me even in a checkout line, let alone when I'm holding a gun.
    Is he violating range etiquette or am I being an overly sensitive snowflake?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Two guys are shooting together, sharing a lane next to me at an indoor range. One of them likes to stand behind his buddy to watch, leaning on the lane divider, straddling between his lane and mine.
    This puts him about 2 feet behind me. This bugs me. I don't like people hovering close behind me even in a checkout line, let alone when I'm holding a gun.
    Is he violating range etiquette or am I being an overly sensitive snowflake?

I would ask him to move. Not being mean but that is your space. You are renting it. JMHO

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    That would be the ideal time to bring out a .300 Weatherby with a muzzle break or a .500 S&W.
    Guarantee he'd be in so much pain after the first shot without ear pro that he'd nearly drop it in the panic to get it on.

I keep a 19C in my range bag just for certain occasions. Under roof, It gets the point across quickly.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next time remember that one Chili Cheese Dog from 7/11 can give you that personal space you require.
    q15muE8.gif

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The rules are posted clearly in gigantic font on the road into my range. I mind my own business, follow the rules, and shoot how I want to shoot.

If someone calls a cease fire, I stop firing, if someone wants me to spot their shots, I spot for them. I'm careful about what calibers I shoot at the steel targets to make sure I don't risk harming them.
    If someone doesn't care about their eyes or hearing, that's really not my problem, they were already deaf and blind when they arrived to have missed the notices and are eligible to be kicked out of the facility for failing to follow the rules.

What bothers me, and also keeps me from going more often than I'd like is people with complete and total disregard for safety, who were too illiterate to read the rules on the road into the range, and the rules you have to agree to, to become a member.

The time before last that I went to the range, a rather clueless fudd was playing with his remington slug gun on the 100 yard range. I pretty much stopped shooting and kept an eye on him simply because his body language made clear he didn't know what he was doing and was also not a person who would accept helpful advice. I didn't want to be on the receiving end of an "oops."
    Well after he shoots a group about the size of a car on a gigantic cardboard box at 25 yards, he gets up and starts monkeying with his scope, with his finger on the trigger. Violating every rule the range has in the process. I made sure to work my way back well behind the line as I knew what was coming next. Then "BOOM!," there's exactly what I was expecting.

He immediately throws all of his stuff in his bag and jogs off to his car, leaving the range and I was finally able to return to sighting in my new scope.

It's a great range that tries to filter these kind of people out as best as possible, but they still slip through the cracks.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Pardon me friend, but would you mind picking that mic back up and elaborate on your statement a bit more?

I recently went to one for the first time and had a good experience.

I frequent the one near me in merrillville and the one by my in laws/ friends/ and work in Mokena, IL. I get my membership paid for by my f.i.l. as a Christmas gift, so im grateful to have a place to shoot free.

Merrillville isn't too bad, only a few incidents. Quickly addressed. Guns back and forth from the line without eci, or case. A couple "pro" shooters refusing to wear eye or ears.

Mokena, last week, I got flagged by an older "gentleman" that was Mexican carrying a loaded 1911 with no belt. And pointed a naa 22 right at me. I politely asked him to watch his muzzle, he copped an attitude pointed at me through what he explained was "a bullet proof" glass separating us. At that point, I got a bit more stern. He ended up leaving.
    It's a nice place for folks that don't shoot much. This to me means lots of inexperienced shooters. Lots of times thinking they know more than they do.
    A bad conversation when you throw a hot date into the mix. R.o.'s are Johnny on the spot because of this. 1 shot every 2 seconds is considered rapid fire.

I know these things will happen at all ranges, but it seems worse at p.b. having shot the almost weekly for going on 2 years, I might have seen more than the occasional visitor. Plus they have the whole corporate feel and rules. That place is ran by lawyers, business men, and marketers. Not "gun guys" and it shows.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    well p.b. is a BIZ and some might say successful at that so ofd course its gonna be run like a corporate biz.

you want a fast, same quality burger you go to mcdonalds.
    you want a good, juicy tasting quality burgee you DONT go to a corporate burger joint, you visit a mom n pop single burger joint.

same with gun ranges. its biz.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    well p.b. is a BIZ and some might say successful at that so ofd course its gonna be run like a corporate biz.

you want a fast, same quality burger you go to mcdonalds.
    you want a good, juicy tasting quality burgee you DONT go to a corporate burger joint, you visit a mom n pop single burger joint.

same with gun ranges. its biz.

Very true. But free big macs are cool too.. so I shouldn't complain. Lol

And now I want a good burger.. thanks

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Better than the burger I just had. It was some French place in a uppity party of ch****oland.. I was told it was the best burger in town... WRONG!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    best non commerical burger i ever had was by our very own ingo member klb. few years back i was at his place with my little propane grill and he gave me four 1/4 ground beef patties to grill. the meat looked wierd in color. it was more grey then red. it grilled up just fine and he handed me a bun and tols me to try it. no ketchup, no mustard, no nothing! i had my doubts but OH MY GOODNESS that burger was beyond anything i had ever tasted. he ate one and i ended up eating the other 2 without anything on them but a bun.

i asked him qhat did he put in the meat. how did he season it. he said nothing. called bs!! cause that meat was beyond wow.
    that is when he told me the meat was 5 hrs dead! :faint:

as for commerical burgers.
    the best one I ever had but I think its a mix of nostaglia was a 50's dinner inside a water park in gurnee, il. the water park is gone now. i had a bacon burger with a cherry coke. old fashion cheery coke style and the burger was a good dize, juicy with fresh toppings.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    best non commerical burger i ever had was by our very own ingo member klb. few years back i was at his place with my little propane grill and he gave me four 1/4 ground beef patties to grill. the meat looked wierd in color. it was more grey then red. it grilled up just fine and he handed me a bun and tols me to try it. no ketchup, no mustard, no nothing! i had my doubts but OH MY GOODNESS that burger was beyond anything i had ever tasted. he ate one and i ended up eating the other 2 without anything on them but a bun.

i asked him qhat did he put in the meat. how did he season it. he said nothing. called bs!! cause that meat was beyond wow.
    that is when he told me the meat was 5 hrs dead! :faint:

as for commerical burgers.
    the best one I ever had but I think its a mix of nostaglia was a 50's dinner inside a water park in gurnee, il. the water park is gone now. i had a bacon burger with a cherry coke. old fashion cheery coke style and the burger was a good dize, juicy with fresh toppings.

It wasn't raccoon was it?

Top Bottom