• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am kind of trying to decide which 9mms to let go as well. I was going to sell or trade my Shield 1.0 but after adding Talon granulate adhesive grips it feels just as secure in the hand as the 2.0 now. I am fairly certain that I will be letting my SIG P226 go. I thought I could use it as a longer range target pistol but I cannot shoot it nearly as well as my revolvers or 1911 at longer distances. The unSIG-like mushy trigger sure does not help. My Glock 48 is the most recent acquisition and there is a lot I like about it. Then my original 9mm - a SIG P239 , might try that one at longer distance as the trigger on it is very nice.

Still need to rent a P365 and see if I "need" to buy one.

I lost control when I shot a friend's Sig P365 for the first time.
    It had a 12 round mag with the extended grip and felt great and it shot more accurately or as well for me than most of my medium/larger sized 9mm.
    I truly loved that gun.
    I went from a Shield 1.0 that I had longer than any other 9mm, and only had $280 in it, and ran, not walked (b/c they were not readily available) when I was tipped off by a member here to the availability of the 365 at a Rural King about an hour away NW somewhere.
    With taxes and buying the 12 round mag to go with it: I had nearly $600 in it before a holster.
    It was uncharacteristic of me since I'm known as being a cheap-arse, but it was that impressive to me, not just another small 9mm, of which I had most out there.
    If it would have had a safety, I'd still have it, and now that I have so many other 9mms, I can live w/o it (I think, ha!).

I'm going to sell the Kahr & the small EC9s to start off with, then it will get really hard to choose another to trim.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Range time with the smaller 9mms with the addition of the Sig 250 & a Kahr PM9 that I recently picked up.
    Bought a Kahr PM9 to try out to see if it could replace my small 9mm CC.

20' on a rest. 7 rounds each target x5 different 9mms.
    The groups on the Ruger SR9c are looking stellar, looks like it is still a keeper for a "medium-sized" CC beating out the Bersa TPR9c & Sig 250.
    For a small 9mm CC, the Shield 2.0 is holding its own.

EE4Vxyb.jpg

20' again but this time shooting 2-hand w/o a rest to see where my weaknesses showed up.
    Interestingly, the groups from the Shield 2.0 are even better than the with the rest.
    The Kahr was a little right and low compared to the rest.
    I pulled the Ruger SR9c, Sig 250 & the Bersa TPR9c to the right.
    RJJ1pQN.jpg

Last edited:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I lost control when I shot a friend's Sig P365 for the first time.
    It had a 12 round mag with the extended grip and felt great and it shot more accurately or as well for me than most of my medium/larger sized 9mm.
    I truly loved that gun.
    I went from a Shield 1.0 that I had longer than any other 9mm, and only had $280 in it, and ran, not walked (b/c they were not readily available) when I was tipped off by a member here to the availability of the 365 at a Rural King about an hour away NW somewhere.

The P365 is responsible for my Shield 1.0 going into early retirement. Last month up at Gander Outdoors in Ft. Wayne when they included a $50 gift card with purchase of the P365 I knew it was time to finally buy one. The profile of the P365 is remarkably similar to my Glock 42 which of course is a 6 round 380 auto.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The P365 is responsible for my Shield 1.0 going into early retirement. Last month up at Gander Outdoors in Ft. Wayne when they included a $50 gift card with purchase of the P365 I knew it was time to finally buy one. The profile of the P365 is remarkably similar to my Glock 42 which of course is a 6 round 380 auto.

The exact same thing happened to me.
    I'd had kept the Shield 1.0 longer than any other small CC.
    I only had $280 in the Shield, but when I fired a friend's Sig P365 I was hooked and had to have one (accuracy was uncanny for such a small gun).
    I went and bought one for $500 + tax and enjoyed it immensely.
    I just couldn't believe the 12 round capacity with the extended mag (which cost $50 at the time).
    I wanted one with a safety since I pocket CC mostly, so I sold it, but haven't got around to getting the 365 with a safety b/c I have others that are filling the bill for now.
    I ended up with a Shield 2.0 that I can't part with yet b/c it is everything it's supposed to be, but my Ruger SR9c is awesome (10 or 17 round mags!).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Took my small 9mms to the range, to test out a Sig 938 I've always wanted but the price kept me away, till I finally found a bargain: box with four 7 round mags w/ext & small pocket holster.
    Then there were the usual ones I've had for awhile: Shield 2.0; Ruger SR9c; Bersa TP9Rc. Bersa bought new, the other two bought off members.
    I need to trim 1 and get it in for this weekend, but I love them all.

3qINdGT.jpg
    6moKAzr.jpg
    CTUrGqn.jpg
    bq0LMov.jpg
    H15Nxs8.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I have a bullseye shooter friend that is a fan of the P238 - have never fired one , might have to see if the indoor range over in Ohio has one for rent. But my next 9mm will probably be a Glock 17 or 34 with the optics ready slide.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a bullseye shooter friend that is a fan of the P238 - have never fired one , might have to see if the indoor range over in Ohio has one for rent. But my next 9mm will probably be a Glock 17 or 34 with the optics ready slide.

When I was trying out my "new" 938 there was a guy there with the 238 who loved his .380.
    It is amazing to me how they have gotten the 9mms down to .380 size, which led me to sell off my .380s & stop buying anymore: illogical.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    It is amazing to me how they have gotten the 9mms down to .380 size, which led me to sell off my .380s & stop buying anymore: illogical.

In some instances that is very true - I posted a pic here a while back with my Glock 42 380 auto laying on top of my Sig P365 and the 6 shot 380 pretty much hides the 10 shot 9mm! Now my LCP II 380 is a different story - much smaller than the P365.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    In some instances that is very true - I posted a pic here a while back with my Glock 42 380 auto laying on top of my Sig P365 and the 6 shot 380 pretty much hides the 10 shot 9mm! Now my LCP II 380 is a different story - much smaller than the P365.

I loved my Glock 42 .380, and it was more accurate than my Glock 43 9mm.
    The 42 was the last .380 I ever bought.
    I still have a Beretta .32 Tomcat that I love: just b/c; I should sell it, but I cling to it when I need that "extra small CC," but I haven't CC it for months now (I did shoot it today).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I really love my Sig 938: the perfect small CC.
    Another range time with it as I was vetting a couple of other guns (which will remain unmentioned :)).

I can't believe I shot a better group at 30' than I did at 20' :dunno:.
    Please excuse the Beretta Tomcat .32, but I needed to do another function check on it.
    FVpTihN.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I really love my Sig 938: the perfect small CC.

A friend of mine really likes his 938. He lives in North Carolina so I won't get the chance to shoot his anytime soon. But there is a range not too far from here that rents guns and I'll have to check to see if they have a 938 next time. For almost 15 years I owned only one 9mm but just in this year alone have added 3. I do plan on selling a few though.

Latest 9mm pickup was a Glock 34 Gen 5 MOS. The ability to mount a wide variety of reflex sights right out of the box without buying aftermarket bases and knocking out rear sights is a great feature. The accuracy really surprised me in the few times I've had it out. I might shoot it at the Glock match in Camp Perry next summer.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Not really looking for another 9mm but a deal showed up and I had to "rent" it for awhile.
    I can't keep it long term or I'd have to sell the Sig 938 or the Rami with Cajun Works upgrades.
    I'll have fun trying them all out against each other since they all are in the CC category for me.
    Got 3 mags with it and a great hybrid IWB holster that fit like a glove, with a little but of a restraint built in.
    Not a brand I've had but 2 other times, so I had to go another round. (yes, pun intended)
    Kahr CT9.
    Seems to be a half-a-bubble-off brand: not in the mainstream (Point Blank in Greenwood today didn't have any used ones or stock any new ones).
    I do love a DAO trigger, especially for a CC.
    It is accurate enough, and slim for carrying.

Picture is a little busy with the extra "+" I drew on it.
    It's all 21' with using mostly Fiocchi 115 grain ammo.
    This was the first time shooting it and I numbered 1-13 the sequence of targets I shot.
    I shot with my hands on a rest and free hand.
    I won't win any awards with it, but I enjoyed it.
    L8nx1h3.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Are all Bersa firearms pretty good? I'm not familiar with them at all.

I had 3. A no-romance, no-nonsense, lower priced, utility type of gun.
    The .22LR was very finicky about ammo, don't remember which kind ended up working. (bought new $280, I believe)
    There .380 acp pistols seem popular (never had one).

I had the TPR9C which had alot of features for the money, but boring CC (bought new for $380, I think)Caliber 9 mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP
    Action DA/SA
    Capacity 13+1 (9 mm), 10+1 (.40 S&W), 7+1 (.45 ACP)
    Barrel Length 3.25" (9 mm), 3.6" (.40 S&W). 3.6" (.45 ACP)
    Front Sight Interchangeable Sig Sauer Type
    Rear Sight Interchangeable Sig Sauer Type
    Finishes Duotone, Matte Black
    Grips Textured Black Polymer
    Construction Alloy Frame / Steel Slide
    Safety Intergal Locking System, Manual, Firing Pin
    Weight 25 oz (9 mm), 25 oz (.40 S&W), 27 oz (.45 ACP)
    Length 6.5"(9 mm), 6.5" (.40 S&W), 6.8" (.45 ACP)
    Height 4.75" (9 mm), 4.75" (.40 S&W), 5.1" (.45 ACP)
    Width 1.45"
    FEATURES
    3-DOT SIGHT SYSTEM
    for the perfect sight pictureAMBIDEXTROUS CONTROLS
    for easy handlingDECOCKER
    for safer concealed carryINTEGRAL LOCKING SYSTEM
    for the ultimate in safetyLIFETIME SERVICE CONTRACT
    for original ownerMICRO-POLISHED BORE
    with sharp, deep rifling for greater accuracyPICATINNY RAIL
    for easy accessory mountingPRECISION MACHINED LIGHTWEIGHT ALLOY FRAME
    for easy-to-use strength

And, one of the best guns I ever had was the Bersa Thunder 9 Pro XT (competition gun)
    (bought used from a member here for only $400, which was stellar; sold it to another member months later for the same)
    I just couldn't believe how accurate it was, rivaling my prized CZ Shadow 2, w/i one round sometimes)
    It had the best out of the box trigger I've ever had.Caliber 9 MM
    Action DA/SA
    Capacity 10/17
    Barrel Length 4.96"
    Front Sight Fiber Optic
    Rear Sight LPA Fully Adjustable
    Finishes Duotone
    Grips Checkered Black Polymer
    Construction Aluminium 7075-T6
    Safety Manual, Auto Firing Pin
    Weight 33.9000
    Length 8.27"
    Height 5.6"
    Width 1.46"
    Thunder XT Series
    FEATURES
    DOVETAILED FRONT FIBER OPTIC SIGHT
    for fast acquisitionWINDAGE AND ELEVATION ADJUSTABLE REAR SIGHTS
    for pinpoint accuracyAMBIDEXTROUS CONTROLS
    for easy handling5-INCH COMPETITION BARREL
    fitted to slidefor maximum precision10- OR 17 ROUND MAGAZINE
    for maximum capacityCERAKOTE FINISH
    to protect against abrasion, wear, and corrosionLIFETIME SERVICE CONTRACT
    for original ownerINCLUDES 5 MAGAZINES
    holding 17 rounds eachBERSA VIDEOS

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Since our range closed at Washington and Post, where are you evaluating your newest funtoy now?
    My SIL for x-mas gave me a gift card to Point Blank, and I have been going once a month to Carmel to cover the range time I love.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Since our range closed at Washington and Post, where are you evaluating your newest funtoy now?
    My SIL for x-mas gave me a gift card to Point Blank, and I have been going once a month to Carmel to cover the range time I love.

I go to point Blank in greenwood.
    It’s a solid 20 minutes my house,
    More if I go when traffic is busy.

I really like it there.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    OK, I have to go to SBP in Carmel, I see your staying busy in your retirement.
    Glock-23 and Glock-42 next session for me later this month I hope.
    i got a smoking deal on a Mossberg 590 from a member here and got to shoot six slugs out of it finally, oh joy, indoors, what a noise!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    OK, I have to go to SBP in Carmel, I see your staying busy in your retirement.
    Glock-23 and Glock-42 next session for me later this month I hope.
    i got a smoking deal on a Mossberg 590 from a member here and got to shoot six slugs out of it finally, oh joy, indoors, what a noise!

Busy, you bet!
    I haven't even had the leisure of going back to school to put in an appearance & say hello.
    But, I've always been the kind that moves on to the next thing in life at 110 mph, but since I'm getting old, now 55 mph. :rockwoot:
    Getting a new gun to shoot is my idea of a good time! :ingo:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Range day with the 9mm CCs.
    One, maybe two will be "trimmed."
    Both the 365 & the Kahr CT are shooting better than the 938.

Sig 938 @ 21'
    2NA3K6u.jpg

Sig 365 @ 21'
    365 shooting better than the 938.
    bwDuygQ.jpg

Kahr CT @ 21'
    The Kahr is shooting better than the 938.
    BJBur6C.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom