• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Another few rounds free hand with the Sig P365 at 21'.

NB6Wyau.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Pretty good free hand shooting with the P365. What weight ammo did you use? My P365 seems to like 124 grain ammo. I shot mine a few months ago , only the 3rd session with it. Need to start shooting it more.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Pretty good free hand shooting with the P365. What weight ammo did you use? My P365 seems to like 124 grain ammo. I shot mine a few months ago , only the 3rd session with it. Need to start shooting it more.

Just some 115 grain.
    I don't even know the brand since it was left over from a previous range visit that I'd put in a plastic bag in my ammo container.

I have some 124 & 148 grain, but haven't tried either yet with the 365.
    I'll have to try all three grains to see what the difference is between them sometime.
    I have a few boxes of 124, but alot of the 147.
    I usually save those and just shoot 115 at the range.
    I was thinking my CZ Shadow 2 & CZ Rami, being all metal, might appreciate the 147 grain. :dunno:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Geez, I miss my range time every two weeks, pulled an old Glock-26 from my safe, loaded it with Federal JHP and have it available, just wish I could get it and some others back out to the range.
    I stopped by Indy Gun Bunker last week, they have been so busy, they (IGB) has not even started to work on their new indoor range, SPB Carmel I hear has opened their range to members only, and all I have is an x-mas gift card with $20 left on it.
    We have a cabin in Michigan but wont go there until July or August where I can shoot 24/7.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Geez, I miss my range time every two weeks, pulled an old Glock-26 from my safe, loaded it with Federal JHP and have it available, just wish I could get it and some others back out to the range.
    I stopped by Indy Gun Bunker last week, they have been so busy, they (IGB) has not even started to work on their new indoor range, SPB Carmel I hear has opened their range to members only, and all I have is an x-mas gift card with $20 left on it.
    We have a cabin in Michigan but wont go there until July or August where I can shoot 24/7.

Thanks for the update on the "future" range at Indy Gun Bunker.
    I figured it would go like that.
    If they are able to make their business work w/o the range, it will be awhile before they invest to equip a range, especially now that noone can have full range hours.

My SP01 loves 147 grain (along with everything else). My Rami did not like heaver bullets. In fact my PCR doesn't do as well either with the 147's as it does with the 115's. Once I burn through the rest of my reloads, I'll switch everything across the board to 124 grain.

I wish I would have thought to have tried out the 147 grain on the Shadow 2 today; I know I've put 124 grain through it in the past.
    I think I read where the Shadow 2 was made for optimal use with the 124.
    Thanks for the heads up with your experience using 147 grain in the Rami. :thumbsup:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It was good to fire a box of 9mm today!

I shot rounds at only 15' just to make myself feel better.
    I should have only gone to 21' next but I thought if I used a rest at 30' it wouldn't be too bad: wrong!
    YcU4jCW.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It was good to fire a box of 9mm today!

I shot rounds at only 15' just to make myself feel better.
    I should have only gone to 21' next but I thought if I used a rest at 30' it wouldn't be too bad: wrong!
    YcU4jCW.jpg

Main thing is you are having fun and getting some practice time in. I've been to busy to do any shooting lately.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I picked up my 3rd Ruger P89 last week from the classifieds. :dunno:
    Some guns just keep getting better, like some leftovers. :laugh:
    It came with 6 mags (15 and 17 rounds), so I tested them all out: perfect.
    A long trigger with lots of play in it, but it hits the wall, & you know when going to be for "real."

I compared it to the venerable CZ Rami Cajun in this pic.
    I'm very pleased with 21' but I'll have to take it out to 30' next time for a reality check. :ugh:
    qnAwpTk.jpg

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    He’d to beat the old rugers for the range. They are tanks for sure. I may be in the small minority but I am typically not a fan of Cajun upgrades in my Cz. I like the feel of stock everything with me giving it all a decent polish. I can shoot my stock CZs way better than any I’ve had with Cajun upgrades from just the spring kit up to complete upgrades of all parts

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Range 7.06.2020 CZ Rami Cajun pkg.
    3 rounds on each target.
    On a rest at 21' & 30' in the white.
    Free hand at 21' on the numbers.
    Nothing impressive here, & obviously it shows I've been spending too much time with the .22LRs & neglecting my 9mms.
    W/O optics: it shows!

4QfFTMg.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Picked up a Beretta PX4 Storm in a trade.
    Haven't had a Beretta full size lately, so I knew it would be fun.
    Tried it out at the range today.
    Same size basically as a Springfield Armory XC Mod 2 4" Service pistol that I picked up so I knew both will not stay in the stable.

5.75" circles.
    Barrel rest worked well!
    Only 25 rds, welcome to 2021.
    Would have used 2-300 rounds in the past.
    Range 7.21.21 also 21ft on rest & not.jpg

Top Bottom