I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sure... rub it in.
    I told everyone on the firing line to "LOOK OUT"

My dad shoots his 1911 better 1 handed, than I can shoot any of my pistols with both hands.

Could be from learning and shooting 1 handed 50 years ago.

Shooting one handed is an art. Well to me it is. I can hit but the groups are ugly at best.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, I'm a rifle man, so I'm easy to impress on pistols.
    But when he was Coast Guard in the 60s, 1 handed is what they taught.

My military family ties were the same way but I was a spindly kid and they had me 2 hands from the start.
    I used to be OK weak hand but that is a perishable skill.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I just got done at point blank shooting range shooting my new rifle and my handgun that I just got back from a friend after 7 years, my 45 shot perfect no problems I went through a box of 50rds and shot pretty good. Next my new AR15 I had shot once before I bought it and now again, it shot good and I got to try my new amend2 magazine worked great no problems. I left them at the shop to be cleaned and inspected, I can't wait to go shooting again.
    Shooting is like being a junkie. You do it, then sit there and chomp at the bit until you can go again. Madning.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I try to go twice a month as I have a membership to the Indy Gun Bunker previously known as Pop Guns at E Washington and Post rd.

I enjoy going there (some don't), but I always have a good time.
    My wife joins me sometimes, as I want her to know how to defend herself, but I know too well I am probably the only human target she ever does shoot!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    He was 25 when his mom took his gun away and that was 7 years ago. 32 is a kid? I mean to me it is but really?

I agree with you but that is what I was told via PM. I've never met Burt nor have any other info on him except what I was told. :dunno:
    Dan

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    His profile says he does Maintenance for a living. I would think he would be mechanical enough to take his guns apart and clean them. IDK. I personally did Apartment maintenance 13 years and have been doing commercial and light commercial for 17 years.
    Yes, I know how to take things apart and put them back together, but that does not make me think I am a gunsmith.
    I wish I would have left the apartments 10 years before I did. Lots of "on call", shoveling snow, and unstopping drain lines. People think that "garbage disposal" can eat anything.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    if I had the time and unlimited ammo I would go shooting a lot more. seems like the only thing I enjoy besides smoking a good cigar. So im eager to get my guns back from the shop hopefully all is good and no problems and maybe sometime I could get a gun guru from here to help me on disassembly and maintenance.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You'll end up searching for good deals on ammo to afford to indulge more often.
    Gurus? Lots of guys know what they are doing and lots of different ways of doing it.
    Once you learn them you will find you
    Your own way of doing things

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    if I had the time and unlimited ammo I would go shooting a lot more. seems like the only thing I enjoy besides smoking a good cigar. So im eager to get my guns back from the shop hopefully all is good and no problems and maybe sometime I could get a gun guru from here to help me on disassembly and maintenance.

Get into reloading.
    You'll be able to load for quite a bit cheaper per round, have a chance to produce superior ammo (assuming that you learn how to do it), and you'll educate yourself much more on how guns work in the process.
    It's a win all the way around.
    There are lots of folks here who would be happy to educate you on shooting, guns themselves, and even how to reload.
    The more you know, the better, and your group size will shrink steadily as you go.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Maybe reloading isn't such a good idea for the time being. Just sayin.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    @oldpink I have always been interested in re-loading and agree it would help me to understand more about guns. I did take a reloading class when profire was open and I loved it, i got to make 40cal. I have talked to a few people on here about reloading and i would love to do it. Anything to help my learning and training in firearms

Top Bottom