• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    depends. always take my edc... usually a 1911 after that kinda depends on who i am going with and what they are bringing.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm actually really glad to read this. I always feel like I'm bringing too many guns with me to the range, but it's an hours drive one way and once there I like to make my time count. I average a range trip a month that's about about a 3-5 trip not counting the driving. Between range trips I usually come up with all these great ideas of things to try out on the next range trip and make a to-do list for my next visit.

For example, on my last trip I confirmed the zero on my hunting rifle, hunting muzzleloader, and hunting shotgun. Right there was three guns.

I just had to test out a new load in my favorite long range gun. Then I had to confirm the drop chart on another newer rifle to make I didn't get it wrong on the last trip. Then I had to test the new trigger parts I had put on the glock so I would know I could trust it again. Then I had to zero a scope on another rifle where I just switched it from iron sights to scoped.

Last trip I took 7 guns and it felt more like a work day then anything else, but it was still fun. Now that all that's out of the way on my next trip I'll just be able to casually sit there and squeeze the trigger with a grin on my face. There's trips to the range that feel like work, and there's trips to the range that are pure play time once the work gets over.

On average though I'd say 3-5 guns is normal with one of them being either a 22lr rifle or pistol for high volume, yet cheap trigger pulling.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    I have brought up to 8 handguns to the range before, but when I did, I was not focusing on accuracy but rather just sending lead downrange. Now, I only bring 2 or 3 at a time. I learn how each gun shoots much better and do not feel rushed just because I have more guns to shoot while at the range.

Bigjon07

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I usually take 2 or maybe 3. I shoot them for a bit. Then I will shoot my buddies. Its nice to shoot different guns to get a feel for what you like and what you might want to purchase later.:rockwoot:

matt4shadow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Hobart
    Outdoors: AR15, MSAR, Ruger 10/22, High Standard Model A, and whatever I am working on.
    Indoors: FNP45, Glock 22, Bersa 380, Charter Arm 44spl, S&W 3913, and whatever I am working on.
    Sometimes I bring the shotguns too.

Top Bottom