• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    usually 6 at least for me....my wife goes and so we both take our carry pistols to maintain proficiency, we may also take one additional pistol each....and then a rifle of choice for each of us...sometime two if we plan on being there a while and have no other plans for the day

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    I used to take 10 or 12 or more trying to shoot some of every type i have.
    I have since learned that spending quality time with my EDC and BUG serves me better. I rotate other guns in for fun depending on who goes with me and my particular mood that day .

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It really depends on what I'm doing at the range. If I'm going by myself, then I'll sometimes just take my EDC pistol and maybe one more. But, if I'm going with one of my son's and we are going for fun, then we may take 5 or 6 pistols along. If we're shooting rifles, we tend to only take 3 or 4 due to space limitations on whatever bench we are using.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    When we go out shooting ,there is usally 4 to 6 of us and we go for 6 to 9 hours. So i usally end up taking 8 hand guns ,,8 rifles and a couple shotguns. We have a great time,Theres nothing like having a day shooting with friends and family.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Depends on what my purpose is.
    Just plinking and all alone close to home... two or three (not counting my carry- which I will not shoot. If I intend to shoot that specific gun, I'll carry a different one that day. I never put myself in the position of being "unarmed" out there).
    If I'm going pretty far and spending the day; moarr. Especially, if I'm meeting someone who wants to try different things that I own.
    Most I've taken for that purpose; nine pistols.
    P.S. They all fit in Midway's Competition Range bag...plus ammo, eyes/ears, targets, and a few other things. It was HEAVY, but everything fit with room to spare. NICE.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    No more than I'm willing to clean when I'm done shooting! :D
    AMEN! I hate that feeling when you get home and have stuff to do, and you have 6-7 rifles to clean.... I enjoy cleaning rifles if I know it isn't gonna take all day, too many and it feels like work!
    Normally I take at least one pistol, a .22 (pistol or rifle), and something politically incorrect looking (AK, RPK, Fal) in addition to whatever I'm actually going to shoot. I like to have options and still be able to shoot if the 100yd range is full or something.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I only take 1-3 at a time. I have enough crap to carry the way it is, plus that's just more cleaning to do. Also, it gives me more trigger time on a particular gun.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    I go to the range lookin like Nico Bellik. Just when you think I couldnt possibly be carrying one more gun, I pull another one out.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I usually take 4 rifles and 4 pistols, I could take more but there usually isn't enough shooting time for that. Not to mention cleaning time. I never know what I am going to take till the day before, but I always take one of my Mosins.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    All of them.:D My range is right behind my house. The shooting table is less than 50ft from my gun safe.

I used to have this luxory as well but not anymore, so these days I usually take 2 to 3 rifles and the same in pistols. With work and life in general it's hard to get to the range very often this time of year. :(

Top Bottom