Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Scheduled this in October for old fat guys to have a chance at good weather.
    You should not even notice the cold this far south. Eat more ham sandwiches and move around less and start carrying more delta and the cold will be no problem.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You should not even notice the cold this far south. Eat more ham sandwiches and move around less and start carrying more delta and the cold will be no problem.

He'll need cheese to those sandwiches and grill them in butter. cedartop has a long way to go.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    Anyone reading this who might be on the fence about attending or not - DO IT! I cannot endorse Tom Givens enough - if you haven't trained with Tom; then you need to run, don't walk, to sign-up for his class. He is fantastic.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    These classes are quite valuable. I am not one to tell someone else what to do... but they are well worth it. You might even find the time in the evenings to go down south of town to boot city and and see the sights.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I am seriously considering this...anyone have an idea of when it may fill up? Not sure how big the class is. I'm looking at the 2 day course.

Coach is the host for this so he and Tom himself would have the best info. I will say Tom's classes often fill up. He usually has 20 students, but with multiple assistant instructors to help out.

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    I am more than likely in for this (all 3 days), but unfortunately there is a chance I'll be moving to Arizona. Won't know for another month or three so I'm really hoping it stays open til April or so.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am seriously considering this...anyone have an idea of when it may fill up? Not sure how big the class is. I'm looking at the 2 day course.

Going to comment in order to keep this thread bumped. Iroc, Tom is somebody you need to train with and the Dynamic Marksmanship course would be appropriate for you. You really need to make it happen.

A couple of us are talking about sneaking away from work on Friday for the shotgun course. With kids in school and wives we have to plan our strategy carefully on how to obtain spousal approval.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    shotgun pattern 1.jpg Shotgun pattern 2.jpg
    In the interest of keeping this thread bumped to the top.

The pictures above are from my target yesterday. I was out practicing with the shot gun. I decided to pattern it at the end. This is Federal 00 buck with Flitecontrol Wad at 25 yards. Shot with a Mossberg 590 in 12 gauge. It is a 25 yard shotgun all day long.

If you have had little to zero shotgun training you should take the shotgun class. You really cannot make valid decisions about the shotgun without some training. You just don't know what you don't know.

When I was a reserve officer I was qualified on the shotgun. I had some good training and supervised practice with it from the late Captain Jim Baugh. But I learned a ton in a single day from Tom. I plan to attend his shotgun session at the Tactical Conference, and I am going to repeat next October.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Clearly, ammo like the federal 'flight control' is essential for a LEO using a shotgun in public at ranges of +/- 25yds but what about home defense, what advantage does it have there? I just don't see how a pattern of several inches is a bad thing in a close range gun fight

Max distance for your buckshot is dictated by keeping all pellets on the target. If the gun patterns appropriately at the distances you need then go for it. But what if you need to shot farther? What if you need to make s precision shot and you have buckshot in the gun?

Top Bottom