• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    While I understand the sentiment, and I too cringe at the breach of etiquette, it's not that high on my list of things to get upset over these days. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of people who fly the flag incorrectly do so out of ignorance that there is a proper vs improper way. I'd rather have a patriotic, U.S.A.-loving American fly it improperly than not at all. If flags don't come with etiquette instructions, how are these people supposed to know?

How are they supposed to know...

I was taught when I was in Elementary School years ago. I suppose they could use the Internet to take the 15 seconds to educate themselves on the Proper way to Display the Flag. Nah that would take time away from Twitter and Facebook and other worthwhile endeavors...

If you cannot Display the Flag with the Dignity it has earned, then do not display one...

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Now THAT'S cool.
    th_amerflag.gif

Yeah, he doesn't realize how cool it is yet :rolleyes:

Damn, I'm out of rep. That statement is strong.

I got him...

I got him too :D

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    My neighbor flies his flag 24/7/365...without lights. I mentioned to him one time that if he bought the materials I would run the wires and install the light. He looked at me like I was crazy. I wanted to ***** slap him.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    My neighbor flies his flag 24/7/365...without lights. I mentioned to him one time that if he bought the materials I would run the wires and install the light. He looked at me like I was crazy. I wanted to ***** slap him.

Idiocracy in action. People are stupid

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany

I was taught when I was in Elementary School years ago. I suppose they could use the Internet to take the 15 seconds to educate themselves on the Proper way to Display the Flag. Nah that would take time away from Twitter and Facebook and other worthwhile endeavors...

If you cannot Display the Flag with the Dignity it has earned, then do not display one...

Tried to rep you earlier, but I'm out for now. Damn good stuff here. We learned this in Scouts also so there's no excuse for not knowing what to do.

Fly the flag properly! :patriot:

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Worked at the Sears at Castleton Mall back in my younger days. (5 years ago :) ) My LP coworker and I were disgusted with the flag being flown as it was extremely tattered and torn. Well we started questioning the appropriate manager and got stonewalled. Apparently a really large flag costs a lot of money. Well I decided I would call my pops (army veteran) and inform him of the situation. We decided it would be best if he handled it as I didnt want to lose my $10 an hour Loss Prevention job :).

Long story short....pops got ahold of corporate and as luck would have it, that guy was a veteran. The flag was ordered the same day as mr manager got a friendly phone call. He proceeded to give me the whole "call your daddy" line and I told him to keep it up if he wanted to lose his job. Never heard another word. My coworker (army veteran as well) and I thoroughly enjoyed hanging the new flag!!!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Worked at the Sears at Castleton Mall back in my younger days. (5 years ago :) ) My LP coworker and I were disgusted with the flag being flown as it was extremely tattered and torn. Well we started questioning the appropriate manager and got stonewalled. Apparently a really large flag costs a lot of money. Well I decided I would call my pops (army veteran) and inform him of the situation. We decided it would be best if he handled it as I didnt want to lose my $10 an hour Loss Prevention job :).

Long story short....pops got ahold of corporate and as luck would have it, that guy was a veteran. The flag was ordered the same day as mr manager got a friendly phone call. He proceeded to give me the whole "call your daddy" line and I told him to keep it up if he wanted to lose his job. Never heard another word. My coworker (army veteran as well) and I thoroughly enjoyed hanging the new flag!!!

nice! i would have introduced him to a proper blanket party for giving you **** about your dad. :D

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    This site has served me well in educating others: Flag Rules and Regulations
    (see the third section)

The part that violated the most is probably is using it as apparel. Just about every athletic team out there has a US flag somewhere.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Tried to rep you earlier, but I'm out for now. Damn good stuff here. We learned this in Scouts also so there's no excuse for not knowing what to do.

Fly the flag properly! :patriot:

THere are a plenty of reasons why someone wouldn't know and therefore wouldn't know to ask.

Just because you both had someone who cared enough to teach it to you doesn't mean people these days are sufficiently lucky. My point was that if someone isn't aware that there ARE rules for flying the flag, WTF makes you think they're going to go searching the internet to find them? You don't know what you don't know, which makes it pretty ****ing hard to ask the right questions, let alone get the right answers.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    THere are a plenty of reasons why someone wouldn't know and therefore wouldn't know to ask.

Just because you both had someone who cared enough to teach it to you doesn't mean people these days are sufficiently lucky. My point was that if someone isn't aware that there ARE rules for flying the flag, WTF makes you think they're going to go searching the internet to find them? You don't know what you don't know, which makes it pretty ****ing hard to ask the right questions, let alone get the right answers.

Respect and Pride are very tough Roads to walk. People can take the time out of their days to Google Search the best ways to wash their cars and what they need to do to manicure their yards. These same People find time to know what is going on in a Celebrities life, but they cannot take the time to learn to do something right so they get a pass...
    WTF makes you think they deserve a Pass for not educating themselves on Flag Etiquette?!
    Can I get a free pass for not knowing something?!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom