• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Looking good, I just replaced my 100 watt (15amp) metal halite fixture with a 60 watt 7800 lumen (5amp) 4000k LED fixture that blows away the halite bulb
    with a enormous power saving, along with getting ready to be going back to a 4x6 from a 3x5.

71NQgAcL9rL._CR412,0,1060,1060_UX175.jpg

Hello IBM! Good to see you posting!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hello IBM! Good to see you posting!

Good to be posting.

It's been a rough time for more than a little bit. My wife lost her battle to Ovarian Cancer in 2017, and because of all the stress I was under I suffered
    a very mild heart attack that caused a valve flutter that resulted in a very minute piece of plaque to break off and caused a mini stroke, and a mirad of
    other problems. But I'm getting better and more so in the last 3 months and hopefully able to return to work. I miss those good paychecks and
    roundtrips to Chicago and back after leaving the beer business. LOL

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good to be posting.

It's been a rough time for more than a little bit. My wife lost her battle to Ovarian Cancer in 2017, and because of all the stress I was under I suffered
    a very mild heart attack that caused a valve flutter that resulted in a very minute piece of plaque to break off and caused a mini stroke, and a mirad of
    other problems. But I'm getting better and more so in the last 3 months and hopefully able to return to work. I miss those good paychecks and
    roundtrips to Chicago and back after leaving the beer business. LOL

I wondered where you have been. So very sorry for your loss. And the medical issues.
    Get well man.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Why pick and choose rules to follow. Etiquette also says not to cover the flag with logos and such yet I see lots of flags with blue stripes through the middle.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    After doing the half assed half-staff once more on my wall mount flag, (putting it horizontal) After I put it back to full staff Wednesday evening, I told Mrs Monkey "Come hell or high water, I WILL have a proper flag pole By this time in 2021."

I know they arent super expensive. Probably $350 installed with all the flags and lights I want. But there always seems to be something in the way that siphons off the cash.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Does anyone know anything about Jay these days? I think he had some health issues before he disappeared.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    After doing the half assed half-staff once more on my wall mount flag, (putting it horizontal) After I put it back to full staff Wednesday evening, I told Mrs Monkey "Come hell or high water, I WILL have a proper flag pole By this time in 2021."

I know they arent super expensive. Probably $350 installed with all the flags and lights I want. But there always seems to be something in the way that siphons off the cash.

I picked up this pole at a garage sale several years ago but the delay for me was a combination of cash siphoning and getting the base set. I needed it 7 ft deep but didn't want to dig it with a backhoe. The epiphany for me was somebody suggesting using a hydravac! 30 minutes later, a serious rebar birdcage, and we were pouring mud. I wanted it 30 ft to the top so the base is 2 feet high. Don't give up! You'll be sharing pics of yours soon enough.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Why pick and choose rules to follow. Etiquette also says not to cover the flag with logos and such yet I see lots of flags with blue stripes through the middle.

At a certain point, you have to determine what is Old Glory and what is not Old Glory, but inspired by that design.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    At a certain point, you have to determine what is Old Glory and what is not Old Glory, but inspired by that design.

My thought as well; when I see a variant of the Stars and Stripes in gray scale or with other logos or alterations I don't see it as an American flag anymore but as an expression of support for the cause indicated by the additions.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Looking good, I just replaced my 100 watt (15amp) metal halite fixture with a 60 watt 7800 lumen (5amp) 4000k LED fixture that blows away the halite bulb
    with a enormous power saving, along with getting ready to be going back to a 4x6 from a 3x5.

Better check your math there - unless it's really running at 6 volts, and then 12 volts.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    "Watt equivalent"...which in LED ads is as reliable as rapture predictions...will get you every time.
    Fortunately, almost all mfgrs. have been putting Lumens and color temp on them - still a bit wiggle room (i.e. who's certifying that number?), but no where near as squishy as "watt equivalent".

I suppose a there's a "100 watt equivalent" that uses 15 amps, but that's got to be the most inefficient lamp every created.

Top Bottom