• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Thanks for the correction. Due to the size I just figured it was a falcon. I was parked on the northern end of the parking lot out close to O'Charley's. I see large hawks all the time at my house sometimes even perched on my fence watching the field behind the house. Also hear owls all the time, and have even seen one early one morning sitting on the roof of a neighbors house.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    ;) I logged in a few days ago and the banner said my last logon was 4/21/2011! LOL. Work has been nutty and, funny, INGO dropped off being a "habit" for me. I've enjoyed the last few days of hanging out again.

Merry Christmas, FishersJohn! How about some SNOW here in the Berkley hood, eh??

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Very neat spotting! I remember some summers back camping at Starve Hollow and spending the better part of a day watching a family of Bald Eagles living in a cypress tree!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    OP, hope you don't mind, I cleaned up the shot;

snowyowl2.jpg

:D

mojo2530

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Cedar Lake
    my neighbor has friends invovled in animal rescue or animal control etc.. any way he and his wife are animal lovers and end up always taking in new animals . she just told us the other day they were asked to take a pair of rescued snow owls so my kids and i are pretty excited to see them when he gets them, and if he does ill try to post some pics here.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Many years ago, traveling a country road in Cass County late at night, a huge white owl drifted across the road in front of me. It was one of the coolest sights ever.

That is awesome!

Back in about 1990-91, my late Dad and I were driving from Galveston to Lafayette in his van. It was just about 'sunset' and overcast....late Autumn. All of a sudden, he slows way down and pulls off the road..... we were right alongside the Wabash River. He says "Looky there!"....and points up into the trees on the far side of the river. There sat a Snowy Owl about halfway up in a tall oak tree. Really awesome and exciting thing to view in Indiana.

Top Bottom